• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cali Grill - fireworks

uncspin

Mouseketeer
We have 7:45 p.m. reservations at the California Grill in late August. DH and I go to Cali Grill every year as our "thing". I found out that the fireworks are at 10 p.m. that night. What's our best strategy for getting a table where we can see them and still be there at 10 p.m., while keeping in mind that others still want to dine there, etc.?

Assuming you get seated on time, you should be finishing up when the fireworks start. I think they stop taking reservations at 9 or 9:30 so mostly likely everyone will have been seated before you finish. I would just play it by ear and eat at a comfortable pace. If you should finish before the fireworks and notice some are waiting to be seated, just remember that the observation deck is amazing and you would have a wonderful view from there.:thumbsup2

Last time we ate there were were pushed through our meal ridiculously fast - in fact it ruined the whole meal for us. We had a 9:10 reservation and were already in the middle of our entrees by the time the fireworks started - mind you we had and appetizer and sushi first.

Also, they will seat people until 9:45 (if busy maybe later) so i don't think the server will be too happy to have a table of 2 take up over 2 hour when they would be able to turn it for another table.

Best bet would be eat at a normal pace, then have drinks at the bar until the fireworks.

We make sure to set our ressies for 9 at Cali Grill so that we are still there for the fireworks. They usually try and turn around tables quickly. I would try and make a later ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter