Calendars As Gifts

I get the the little desktop calendars (the ones with a page for each day that you tear off) for my employees every year. They seem to like them, and actually use them.

I have no need for a wall or a desk calendar, and haven't for years. I am looking for a good notebook type planner with more than a tiny space for each day though. I would have asked for it for xmas, but didn't know I wanted it until I saw it on Pinterest the other day. LOL

I love receiving a new calendar for Christmas. I like to put it up by my desk at work. We also have one in our kitchen that's usually just one we get in the mail from the township with all the important dates and such.

I have never really given one since my parents always get one in the mail from their bank and my fiance wouldn't use one at work like I do, but I always enjoy getting fun ones.

Anyone who wanted a wall calendar for Christmas but didn't get one, should buy one now. Many stores, both brick and mortar and online, are selling them at steep discounts, since we're now in January.

My MiL gives me a Disney Thomas Kincaid calendar every year. We keep it posted in the kitchen. I like written lists, and don't use my phone as a calendar. MiL has a special box/envelope that the calendar fits in. I have to give her the box back every year so she can reuse it.

I don't give them but did receive one from a student this year. We use a calendar in our kitchen at home, I don't like the calendar on my phone. My husband's schedule is ridiculous, so he writes in on the calendar.

DW likes the Happy Bunny calendar for her home office, so that's one thing I can get her each year. I'm good with the phone for a calendar, but DW sometimes gets me a calendar for the mancave.

I buy one for both DDs and DH and one for myself every year. Everyone has their preference as to theme. DD1 likes vintage advertising. DD2 wants black and white nature photography. DH likes aviation related artwork, while I like Garden themes. DH and I have them over our desks in our offices. Both DDs hang their in their kitchens.

This year I was surprised with another calendar : a Secret Garden coloring book calendar. I'm about half done January's page.

I make my own calendars with pictures that I want to see throughout the year. A good friend of mine loves milk and is always posting pictures of cows in her profile, so I made a calendar with scenic pictures with cows and cow clipart for birthdays and holidays. She loved it.

I got one this year. Two of my nieces know how much I love the TV show Castle so when they were buying a calendar for their dad (which they do every year), they saw one and bought it for me. I even think they spent their own money on it too. Very sweet and it is now hanging in my bedroom. I will really be happy whenever Nathan Fillion is featured, too!

I always give calendars as gifts to my children each year. I love calendars and have a wall calendar for my cubicle at work and I also use a daily planner (paper). We have a wall calendar in the kitchen that has everyone's appointments etc listed so each family member can know whats going on. My goal this year is to make my own daily flip calendar with a Disney resort (DL and WDW) photo for each day.

I got a Jets calendar in my stocking this year, a different player for each month. It's not up yet because I haven't decided where to put it..

It really depends on the calendar. Someone talked about the one made from family photos - that one is special, like a photo album of sorts. My niece made me one when she was working at Staples and each month was of us doing something IN that month.

I'll also give someone one if they want one or, my sister in law, every year likes the Interfaith one - which I buy one of my own, too so I'm like the person who said every year Goodwill gets a new calendar, that's where I take mine to, too.

I've never given a calendar as a gift, but used to receive them in my teen years...back then I didn't really need a calendar, but now I'd love to receive one! I was just looking at buying one the other day...I'm so picky though and the ones I like are the $30+ ones which I'm too cheap to buy! LOL I don't like the typical ones with photos of dogs or cheesy sayings...I like the ones that are more artwork style.

We still hang one. Its on the inside of the pantry door. I just find it the easiest way to keep track of all family activities at one glance.

This was also a habit we got into as the kids were growing up. It was easier to see who needed to be where and when Dad was going to be working out of town, etc. Everyone could just walk over and see what the week was going to look like for all. We only give the adult kids calendars now. We use free calendars, from those we do local business with, at the office and I also get the Betty Crocker calendars in the mail each year and they are big and nice to use in the kitchen.

Calendars on my phone, desktop computer, and laptop computer. I still like the ones that are hung on the wall with great themed pictures.

I did not get one this year. :(

Me, too. I still have to go get one.

I give calendars to my DH and kids. One DS gets a Dr Who or Transformers (got a COOL Dr Who one this year), my DH gets a jeep one and my other DS is a crap shoot. This year he got a Chulily glass art one. It's actually beautiful. I get two from my DH every year. A Patriots one for work and a Disney one for home.

I love having a wall calendar and if I dont get one, I buy one cheap in late January. But my first cousin runs a Chick-fil-A so he usually gives everyone that calendar with coupons as an add on to our gifts. I love that tradition!

We use phone calendars for actual appointments, but for some reason I still like having the wall version up in our family room

yes I give a calendar to my husband and kids as gifts for Christmas . this year the girls got Disney calendar's and my son got a Yankees one and my husband got a Harley Davidson one. we use them to keep track of the kids games and other things we have going on during the year. I also have a planner that I use to keep track of stuff with the kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter