Cabin Loop Preference

disneydreamer1980

DIS Veteran
I've never been to FW before and I have a 10 day trip scheduled for nov 2017. What loop is closest to the marina and Trails End? I know there are cabins in the 100 loop for corporate types, is it at all possible to request these? Thanks, I know FW is big and I don't know what loop to request.

I've never been to FW before and I have a 10 day trip scheduled for nov 2017. What loop is closest to the marina and Trails End? I know there are cabins in the 100 loop for corporate types, is it at all possible to request these? Thanks, I know FW is big and I don't know what loop to request.
November is our favorite time to do Disney!
I'm pretty sure that you can not request loop 100 but I guess it never hurts to ask about it at check in.
The cabin loops are pretty far away from the boat dock and trails end. If you're not getting a golf cart rental, the internal bus system will take you there. We enjoyed the 2500 loop as it was right by the quiet pool and the laundry room. Loop 2800 would put you within a short walk to the bus stop for epcot, Disney Springs, animal kingdom, and Hollywood studios.
We rent a golf cart but we didn't pick it up until 1 pm on our 2nd day at the fort this year. (We flew in on Friday night.) So we walked to the bus stop for animal kingdom from loop 2500. It was only about a 10 minute walk for us.

To answer your question:

The cabin loops are NOT close to the marina or Trails End. The closest cabin loop is 2200. There is an internal bus stop at the entrance to 2200.

It is not possible to request the cabins in 100 loop. I got back this week from a stay at Fort Wilderness and I was in a campsite next to the two cabins in 100 loop. If they could be requested, they would stay full 365 x 24 x 7. We have had DISsers who were randomly assigned to them but that's playing the odds.

:welcome: to the DIS Camping Board :disrocks:

Bama Ed

Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited to stay at FW and I'm sure we'll love it no matter which loop we're on. I'll probably try for 2200 though.

Both times we have been in Loop 2800. First time we relied on the internal bus and the second time we rented a golf cart. We liked 2800 as it's was closer to the Outpost then the other loops, a quick walk or cart ride. As you are far away from the marina and Trails End in the cabins anyway the couple extra min getting there being in 2800 rather then say 2200 didn't bother us. Being in the 2800 Loop if you miss a bus to the Outpost (as mentioned above the bus location for HS, Epcot, Disney Springs, and water parks) you can usually walk quicker then to wait for the next internal bus.

I didn't want the extra expense of the golf cart, but it might be worth it.

There are some off site places (or at least there were) that you can rent a golf cart from to save money over Disney. We rented from Kenny's Tee Time (hope it's still OK to mention names) and for 8 nights it was about half of what Disney wanted. However you have to meet them off property and Kenny's let's you use their truck and trailer to bring it in. They will also arrange for a cab to bring you to the meeting spot and bring you back at the end for an additional charge. IIRC it takes about 45 min to an hour total at both pick up and drop off, but worth it for the savings IMO, even if you had to pay for the cab. We plan on renting again from Kenny this fall as it's very convenient to have the cart.

Last edited:

I love having the golf cart. It's so worth it at the end of the night when you just want to get in bed. Lol. The extra expense isn't for everyone but I plan for it and save the extra money to get the cart. I've never done Kenny's carts but I've not heard a bad report about them.
A fun fort activity is driving the golf cart through the camping loops after dark to check out the decorations too.

Last trip that we stayed in a cabin we were in the 2300 loop and loved it. Pool in the area was convient and either entry egress points are near internal bus stops. As for golf cart for us it is a must. Great for touring the loops in The Fort to admire and enjoy the decorated sites, I like to fish and often book a number of early am trips so I need transport to dock before buses run. While our older dog is more than happy to go out and walk the canal and loops the 2 Savages I mean The Kids need to go to the Dog Park to run around and WookieBear not up for the hike from the 1800 loop. Add the ease of getting back and forth from the Reception Outpost bus stop and it just makes sense for us. We use Tee Time and the added time to get and return the cart is more than made up by cost.

Last trip that we stayed in a cabin we were in the 2300 loop and loved it. Pool in the area was convient and either entry egress points are near internal bus stops. As for golf cart for us it is a must. Great for touring the loops in The Fort to admire and enjoy the decorated sites, I like to fish and often book a number of early am trips so I need transport to dock before buses run. While our older dog is more than happy to go out and walk the canal and loops the 2 Savages I mean The Kids need to go to the Dog Park to run around and WookieBear not up for the hike from the 1800 loop. Add the ease of getting back and forth from the Reception Outpost bus stop and it just makes sense for us. We use Tee Time and the added time to get and return the cart is more than made up by cost.
How do you get the off site golf cart rentals? Seems complicated.

How do you get the off site golf cart rentals? Seems complicated.

For an extra fee Tee Time will arrange for a taxi to The Fort and bring you to the meeting place. You meet with Tee Time and they will let you use their truck and trailer to bring the cart to The Fort. The taxi waits for you and drives you back to The Fort. It's the reverse at the end.

I lucked out and have a family member who lives in the area and they were able to drive me. But even if you have to pay for the taxi you save quite a bit of money. IMO it's worth it if you are renting for more then a few days.

......I've never done Kenny's carts but I've not heard a bad report about them.

That's funny. I found the opposite. I read about this company so started googling. I found another message board forum called Fort Fiends, which is dedicated to Ft. Wilderness. One man's mission seems to be to warn people about Kenny's cart business. I could dismiss it as a single bad experience if I hadn't read a few other bad reports in other places. Yes, I did read some good reports, but the bad ones have me concerned. And that whole process for renting seems a bit inconvenient. I will be arriving at the Fort in my own Subaru, but I don't have a tow hitch. How close is this business? Seems like with my own car, I could drop my husband at the "meeting place", and wait for him to return with the truck/trailer combo. But I don't want to waste time. Disney time is precious you know! How long would this take? And any idea what they charge?

I was there at the Fort checking in on Thanksgiving (2016) day and leaving about 9 days later. I also rented a cart from Tee Time.

They charge $35/day (give or take depending on how long, how large, etc...) with a 10% deposit due at reservation (non-refundable) and the balance due 10 days out. This also represents their cancellation period (10 days).

Anyway, you meet them behind Chili's Grill and Bar (on S Apopka Vineland Rd) about 6 miles away. You can either hook their trailer up to your vehicle or use their truck (with the trailer attached) to bring the cart into the fort. It's real easy to get to Chili's too. (Left out of the fort to the last light. Right on Winter Garden Vineland Rd To S Apopka Vineland rd. Make a left and Chili's is down a short way on the left).

Since either way you have to come back (to either drop off the trailer or the truck with trailer) you can plan on the whole process taking about an hour maybe a bit longer.

I used their truck (although I could have towed with mine, I felt it was quicker to just use theirs then to try and unhook, re-hook, then come back and Unhook again). I just parked my truck there and locked it. They did not want to hang on to the keys for my truck or anything. The gentleman there waiting was nice, but very quiet. (definitely seemed to be introverted) and seemed to Speak Spanish natively (although he could speak English too. It's just he said so little and was soft spoken when he did talk). The truck was an older F250 that had over 200K miles on it. It was well used and I wouldn't want to have to take it for a LONG trip (i.e. towing our TT from PA to FL.) but it did the job. I towed back to the campground (make sure you have your MB to get back in easily) to my site.... Easy to "Unload" (2 tie down ratchet straps and a drop down gate and drive it off the trailer). Closed the trailer back up, put the straps in the bed of the truck and drove back. Picked up my paperwork, truck and went back to the site. Was done in about an hour.

If I had any complaint it was more about the "Scheduling" of pick-up/drop-off. It does get challenging working their schedule into your schedule. If you wanted to be at a park for Rope Drop the same day you were to pick up your cart, it does get challenging. Plus they did try to "Change" my Pick-up time. (I wanted as early as possible to maximize the day. I got 7AM, then it got moved to 730, then back to 7, then they tried to do 8. I think in the end I got it at the original time of 730). For us we could not pick it up on arrival day as they were closed that day (it was after all Thanksgiving.) but that's okay, as we didn't really need it that day anyway. (not that we "NEEDED" it at all, it was just a nice to have at the right price).

So was the inconvenience of going to get the cart (and drop it back off) worth it? Well, for us it saved us about $200 over getting a cart from the Fort. If you are only going to need it for a couple of days (I'd have to say about 4 days or less), then the hassle is probably not worth it.

I was very happy with the service overall I got from Tee Time and I would use them again. That's not to say that the service from the Fort is bad. It's just a matter of cost.

I used Kenny's golf carts on my visit this past January 2017. Getting the cart was easy since a Fort guest who had one was leaving so I was told where I could pick it up at the Fort and hand it off. At the end of my stay, I went out and got the trailer, brought it back to the Fort, loaded up the cart, and returned both.

Has Kenny had problems in the past? Yes, they've been reported here on the DIS. But the willingness to share a bad experience is generally greater than the willingness to share a good experience (since that's what we pay for, right?). Even when I select a vendor on Amazon to ship me a used item I might buy, it's hard to have 100% satisfactory ratings if you have any volume of business. So even if you're 95% satisfaction, five people out of every hundred are likely to let others know what went wrong.

Mindy, if you want 100% customer satisfaction, then rent from Disney. I was comfortable with 95% satisfaction and it cost me a lot less. My vacations are designed to be relaxing so I can find an hour here or there to pick up and return a cart. If your vacation style is different, do what suits you. Kenny has been doing business for several years with DIS customers since at least 2010. And I will say that since he got Kelly involved to be the main communicator a few years ago (returning calls, emails) things have been a lot better.

Bama Ed

We were there last September and requested the 2800 loop near transportation. I liked it because we were close to the outpost. It was like a 4 minute walk to get a bus to anywhere but the Magic Kingdom. We did rent a cart from Disney which I would suggest if you can swing it with money. It made it so easy to get to the pool and explore the resort and get the the boats. We worked out our touring that the last couple days we planned to be in either Epcot, HS, or AK. Since it was such a short walk those busses we got away with only renting a cart for the first half of our stay and making sure to do stuff we wanted the cart for then.

The Wilderness swimmin' pool area, in the cabin loop area, has a Comfort Station, labeled E on the map. Does that comfort station also have showers like the ones in the camping loops? This could factor into my requested loop because my daughter and her husband may be joining us. If they do, we'll have 5 adults and 1 teen in our cabin. I may need to send the free-loading guests to the Comfort Station to shower for expediency. :rotfl:

The Wilderness swimmin' pool area, in the cabin loop area, has a Comfort Station, labeled E on the map. Does that comfort station also have showers like the ones in the camping loops? This could factor into my requested loop because my daughter and her husband may be joining us. If they do, we'll have 5 adults and 1 teen in our cabin. I may need to send the free-loading guests to the Comfort Station to shower for expediency. :rotfl:
There is not a shower at the pool comfort station. Just a restroom and the laundry room.

Just home from at week at the Fort! We travel by motorhome, but my sister joins us at the Fort in a cabin. I am here to say...you CAN get the 100 loop cabins. It might be like hitting the lottery...but my sister's family just spent a week in one (the one right next to the fabulous site 116).

Things we did that may or may not have helped:
Our travel agent (a college friend of mine owns Dreams Do Come True Tours) faxed a request and made a phone call about 2 weeks before our arrival explaining our request.
My sister also faxed a request to the "site assigner" about 10 days out (we have always done this before staying at the Fort-- this was our 5th trip--and have never been disappointed).
We explained our situation thoroughly...my sister and I both have a son on the Autism spectrum. Staying close together is important for their safety. My sister also has MS...the 100 loop is more convenient.

It was seriously like hitting the lottery! We were beyond thrilled. It was a fabulous week.

Glad to hear your sister's family got in one.

You can always ask.

Mostly the answer will be no.

But you can always ask.

We've had folks in past years that got in them as well here on the rare occasion. Currently we like staying in 100 loop too. This past January I was in site 116 which is the one camping site between the two cabins and the sidewalk down to the Settlement Trading Post.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter