Cabana Bay tower v. courtyard

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
This will be our first stay at Universal. We are planning to stay in a family suite at Cabana Bay. What are the pros/cons of a Tower room vs. a Courtyard room (and what does poolside get us for the extra money).

Tower rooms have inside hallways and are near the lazy river.

Courtyard rooms are in the 3 separate buildings with outside doors near the slide pool.

As mentionned by squirrel
Tower = interior corridor = less noise from rolling suitcases for example. Windows will be in the bedroom part of the suite. You're on the lazy river side of the hotel. Buildings are 7 levels high

Courtyard = exterior corridor = possibly noisier. Windows are on the sitting room side of the suite. Possibly darker bedroom. You're on the pool slide side of the hotel. Buoldings have 4 level IIRC. Anywyay they're not as tall as the towers

Poolisde merely means that you'll be on the pool side of the building. It does not guarantee a pool view, only the side of the building. Poolside = facing the interior courtyard as opposed to nonpoolside which will be facing the parking lots

We'll be staying there next august. We love the lazy river so you'd think we would have chosen towers, but we didn't
Construction on the tower side has led us to book a courtyard poolside suite

We'll be walking the 3 extra minutes to the lazy river .. No biggie.

Thanks for the feedback - very helpful. The construction is definitely a consideration. So the lazy river is separate from the pool?

Yes, the lazy river is separate from the pools. The separate entrance to the lazy river is right by the innertube station.

Thanks for the feedback - very helpful. The construction is definitely a consideration. So the lazy river is separate from the pool?

Not sure what you mean

There are 2 areas with pools
The clurtyard has a large pool wirh a slide
The tower area has a large pool (no slide) and a lazy river separate from the pool (no swimming between the river and the pool)

The picture below should be helpful. Pool & river, not connected

Lazy-River-Courtyard.jpg

This clarifies - I thought you meant that on the tower side there was ONLY a lazy river ... no pool! Thanks for the great picture.

How long is the construction scheduled to be going on? I booked a tower suite thinking it would be quieter. My party is travelling towards the end of June.

We were just there and stayed in the Americana Tower. We were poolside, 2nd floor, in the first block of rooms and did not notice the construction noise.

We were just there and stayed in the Americana Tower. We were poolside, 2nd floor, in the first block of rooms and did not notice the construction noise.

I'm glad you didn't experience noise issues, but I think people are concerned that there may be construction noise when they go, especially when they start the next phase of CBBR, with an expansion of the towers.

How long is the construction scheduled to be going on? I booked a tower suite thinking it would be quieter. My party is travelling towards the end of June.

Not sure how long it's scheduled, but when we were there over New Years, our room directly overlooked construction and we never heard a thing. We were on the fifth floor, if that helps.

We like tower side for proximity to lazy river pool and interior corridors. Courtyard feels more like disney all star resort set up to me.

We were in a pool view family tower suite 4th floor almost directly across from the pool and lazy river. I like paying a bit extra and look out the window at a pool etc. rather than parking or something. We were there in early February and we did not hear any construction noise. I liked being on the tower side.

We were in a pool view family tower suite 4th floor almost directly across from the pool and lazy river. I like paying a bit extra and look out the window at a pool etc. rather than parking or something

There is no pool view category at CBBR, only a ''poolside'' category
Poolside = on the side of the building facing the pool, but no guarantee whatsoever that you'll see the pool at all
If you end up on the ground or 2nd floor, a poolside room might only have a good view of the landscaping (and a fairly dull wall for part of the rooms in Continental lower floors if you're unlucky enough to get a room facing the back of the pool bar)

If you want the bang for your buck, make sure you request a high floor

Last edited:
Well I guess I called it that beacause it happened to be my view. But like you said when I looked back it is called poolside. I did ask for an upper floor when I booked, but they didn't guarantee it. 4th floor was high enough for us.

It's April now. We are going at the end of May, and think we'd like a tower suite. Has anyone been recently who could give an update on construction status?

We had a tower family suite in Continental, 5th floor, poolview. If we looked straight down, beautiful pool view. looked to the right, huge crane. No noise at all...must be good windows. We got back yesterday. Loved it!

Just finished a nice 3-night stay. Poolside, Continental Building, 6th floor, room 4604. The bulk of the construction (that we noticed) is near the lazy river. We only heard construction noise during the day....nothing at night. Our room view wasn't really that great, although it was considered poolside. Pool was off to the far right, a rooftop was immediately to our left.

We LOVED the pool with the slide. I'm guessing this pool was the courtyard pool? If we ever go back to CBBR, we will definitely request a room in one of these three buildings instead.

We just got back and were in the tower (Continental 5th floor) - but we weren't in a suite and faced the parking lot. I could see the construction diagonally, but it wasn't a big deal. I never heard any noise from it and it was really cool to see the waterslides going in. Some of the kids we were with loved the pool. We went to the other pool with the water slide just one day. They went to the other side pools five times as they preferred that side. We were there for four full days. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter