• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana Bay or Endless Summer Resort?

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
So we usually stay at Hard Rock Hotel when visiting Universal but my sister and her family are joining us on our March trip as well as my mom. Since they are looking to stay in a family suite together, Cabana Bay and Endless Summer are better options for them. We are going to join them to be all together.
Our travel party consists of 5 adults & 4 kids (15, 11, 8, 4 y.o.)
Which hotel is better? I am leaning towards Cabana Bay for the amenities but endless summer has 2 bedroom suites.
Please help me decide!

We’ve stayed at both and loved the 2 bedroom suite at Dockside much better than Cabana Bay. It was more up-to-date and bright with it being newer. Dockside has two actual bedrooms too with three queen beds whereas CB has two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed which does not get good reviews. We don’t do pool time often at all but the pool areas and lazy river would be better at Cabana Bay. Some reviewers have complained at noise at Dockside, however in our experience, it has been one of the quieter rooms. We did have a high floor room if that made a difference… amazing views too by the way.

I will say though, for location, CB wins for us as we love to walk to and from the parks… even when we stay at resorts that offer water taxis. Both had great food courts with a good variety.

Tough call for 5 adults and 4 kids. Cabana Bay has (small) family suites, which will give you some space. But Endless Summer has 2-room family suites which, I think, are larger and cost about the same. (Cabana Bay also has 2-room suites but I believe these cost a lot more.)

I don't think the amenities at one or the other are that much better. Maybe a better pool at Cabana Bay. And you can walk to the parks from Cabana Bay.

Maybe take a look at online photos and go from there?

It is a tough decision. We’ve stayed at both. If Cabana bay wasn’t too much more and I know we would be able to enjoy the lazy river I’d probably choose Cabana. Otherwise I’d choose Endless because for my family of 5 the layout is so much better to be able to move around and the extra bed instead of a couch bed!

OP, I really cannot help much, because in your post you hit the main difference between the resorts, CB has better amenities and ES has the better room with 3 queen beds with a seperate bedroom. Your group will have to decide which is more important.

We finally decided to go with Cabana Bay. My mom is not going to the parks and plans to stay at the pool all day with my 4 y.o. niece so Cabana Bay seemed more ideal with the extra amenities. Plus we can walk to the parks and thatis a big plus for us. Thanks for all of your help.

I was making this decision just the other day. We got a better room deal at the 2 br Dockside Suite than Cabana Bay but Dockside just seems like I'm staying at a normal hotel. Cabana Bay's theming and location just made me feel like I was at the Parks more. Basically it came down to which one would be more fun for the kids, and I went with Cabana Bay. Bus service at all Universal hotels is pretty good though so don't let the Dockside distance bother you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter