• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana Bay for Adult only Trip

Seeker615

Harry Potter Fanatic!
Hi

We are all set as far as airfare and our cruise next year but are still debating where to stay at Universal. We loved Royal Pacific last time we were there but we are trying to trim the cost a little and it will only be a short 3 night trip (mainly to see the newer Potter stuff)

Cabana Bay looks nice but would it be nice for two adults? I am not worried about express passes as I think we will get a one day unlimited pass. We have done almost everything before and with two days we will hit the potter stuff heavy and then the second day use the express pass.

We just want to make sure we will enjoy the hotel too as we will want to swim and relax while we are there.

We're adults (68 going on 12) and we just booked CBR. I think it's going to be fun to stay there. Of course, the theming DOES hark back to our childhoods, growing up in the 50s!

Cabana Bay is a pretty standard hotel once you leave the public areas. The food court is ok at best. There's a Starbucks in the lobby and the bus service to Citywalk is quite efficient. The walk back from the parks is a bit long but quite nice. I never took a bus back when I was there last year.

I actually really love Cabana Bay and I have never been there with any children. When you compare Cabana Bay to the Disney Values, CB does come out better. The rooms even the standards are a good size and with a wall of glass lets a lot of light in. At least the ones I have been in. The pools are large and great to hang out with. I had actually had a member at my party who opted to stay at the resort and just hang out. And she loved it.

I've had good experience at the Food Court, they try to keep the food pretty fresh. The salad bar has had raves from my relatives. They have old fashioned crinkle fries. Also a full service Starbucks. There are also three lounge area. The Swizzle lounge is my favorite.

Cabana Bay has a more adult feel to me. I think Cabana Bay is a great choice for adults only group

Thank you all for your feedback. I have been on the fence with this for awhile now. I will talk to my hubby tonight and get his thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter