BWV - BWV Studio - request

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
Hi All,

Our waitlist came through for our Boardwalk View studio for our upcoming May vacation... this is our first time ever at BWV and I am curious about where to request for the 'best' view. We won't be back at BWV for long time as our goal is to stay at a DVC location we've never been at before for all our upcoming vacations.

your advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi All,

Our waitlist came through for our Boardwalk View studio for our upcoming May vacation... this is our first time ever at BWV and I am curious about where to request for the 'best' view. We won't be back at BWV for long time as our goal is to stay at a DVC location we've never been at before for all our upcoming vacations.

I always request top floor. My biggest fear is getting one of those first floor rooms that are right on the boardwalk next to Jellyrolls. I got 2nd floor once, it was summer and people were out on the boardwalk late making noise. Most of the time I end up with 3rd or 4th floor.

So far we have had some great views. I do agreed about the upper floors being a better view. We sat on our veranda one night and could watch both Epcot & Magic Kingdom fireworks. We have never been bother by people on the Boardwalk at night. You can hear the Friendship boat signaling there arrival but we like it. Last year we had the last room on the first floor (lobby floor). It's next to Jelly Rolls. We could barley hear any music at night. Now that's a long hallway. Me, I want a room near the elevator.

Hi All,

It depends what you want. The closer you are to Jelly Rolls, which is far from the elevators, and you get a better view of Illuminations. If you are closer to the elevators, your view of Illuminations is obstructed.

I agree with the top floor request.

We have stayed at Boardwalk three times and enjoy high floor in the Crest O wave section. It is a little walk but the view is well worth the walk. We are waiting on the right contract to come long to pick up some points at BW

If you are on the far end, use the steps at the end of the hall, they take you out by the canal in the back of Jellyrolls.

We are there right now, in 3rd floor over crest o' the wave. The view is fantastic.

I fear the ground floor rooms as well. Lobby floor is the 2nd floor.

We take care of the noise in any hotel easily, by travelling with a white noise maker and wearing earplugs. Granted, we are both snorers and do the same at home, but it sure does help with any outside noise too! :laughing:

I usually just request an upper floor. The higher up is definitely better. The Boardwalk view rooms I've had on the second floor have had somewhat enclosed balconies, so the view isn't as enjoyable from a seated position. But I do like the convience of the second floor rooms--not having to get in the elevators, easy access to using the stairs both up and down (I don't want to walk up to the fifth floor after a day in the parks or a night at Jellyrolls).

Oh, and most nights, you do hear noisy people leaving Jellyrolls. Some nights are worse than others (I've seen people running up and down the boat dock, jumping on the basketball hoop, even stealing a prize from the basketball hoop).

Are the first floor rooms at ground level? Patio vs Balcony?
Thanks

Yes. I've had rooms on the first floor on the Boardwalk, and also preferred view, and they had the patio. I didn't like the Boardwalk view room on the first floor. I felt like I couldn't really enjoy the patio with all of the people walking along the Boardwalk.

Since this was replied to again just gotta say I am 3 weeks away and starting to get stir-crazy! Hubby is seeing hidden Mickey's EVERYWHERE and I mean everywhere... :lmao: He says it's a disease with no cure other than a vacation to WDW - I certainly can live with that! :woohoo:

TagsMissy, one of the benefits of staying at the Boardwalk is you can swing down to the ESPN Club to watch the Canucks playoff games :) I've done this many times on my May trips to Disney! (Although I'm not watching them anymore this year--I've watched four playoff games this year, and it was the four they lost).

TagsMissy, one of the benefits of staying at the Boardwalk is you can swing down to the ESPN Club to watch the Canucks playoff games :) I've done this many times on my May trips to Disney! (Although I'm not watching them anymore this year--I've watched four playoff games this year, and it was the four they lost).

I therefore BAN YOU... yes I dare say it, BAN you from watching Canucks for the remainder of the playoffs. :lmao:

Yes we already have ESPN plans to watch the games. I need to tell you this current series vs Nashville is like watching paint dry compared to the Chicago series so you aren't missing much :surfweb: :rotfl:

I am going to go t-shirt shopping one of these upcoming days, I have a feeling I won't be too keen wearing my jersey in the Florida heat!

I have never been unhappy with any of the Boardwalk view rooms I have gotten. Each has it's benefits.
The upper floors are nice if you are going to be in your room everynight because you may get a slightly better view of Illuminations, but I would rather be in the park watching it. If you stay lower, you can use the stairways and cut off the long "haul" ways.
If you stay lower you can better enjoy the entertainment happening right out in front of your room. But it can be louder... until it shuts down. It is a trade off. If you wanted it quiet, you would have chosen pool view.
I have been on the corner near the green and also down near Jellyrolls too. Come to think of it, the only room that I wish I didn't have was the one above the Big River Grill because the smell kept me hungry the whole visit!

We had a studio Boardwalk view just a few weeks ago. It was the main level right above one of the restaurants. When we looked out, there were 2 tents for the games and the dock with the Epcot ball right on the horizon. Going out into the hallway we could see the clown pool and had fairly quick access. It was very convenient and we loved it. After the kids went to sleep, DH and I would sit on the balcony and people watch. We could see the fireworks from Epcot and MK from our room. It was awesome! As far as noise, it didn't bother us too much. We kept the fan on really low and it helped. Honestly, I would take nearly any room/view just to be back again. We loved everything about it.

I therefore BAN YOU... yes I dare say it, BAN you from watching Canucks for the remainder of the playoffs. :lmao:

Yes we already have ESPN plans to watch the games. I need to tell you this current series vs Nashville is like watching paint dry compared to the Chicago series so you aren't missing much :surfweb: :rotfl:

I am going to go t-shirt shopping one of these upcoming days, I have a feeling I won't be too keen wearing my jersey in the Florida heat!

Just for the record, I didn't watch last night, and they won. It's killing me not to watch the games, espeically the ones that start early, but I'm doing it for the good of the team :)

I have bought Canucks t-shirts in Canada at Epcot a couple of times. The first time I literally jumped up and down I was so excited to get one (you don't see very much Canucks merchandise in my hometown of Boston).

My family and I have rented DVC points for our FIRST EVER stay @BWV!!!! :cheer2:
We have TWO standard studios reserved for EIGHT nights in March. My only request is that our two studios be adjacent to one another. Any suggestions on making this happen? (I did ask the DVC owner to note or request this on our reservation.)

My family and I have rented DVC points for our FIRST EVER stay @BWV!!!! :cheer2:
We have TWO standard studios reserved for EIGHT nights in March. My only request is that our two studios be adjacent to one another. Any suggestions on making this happen? (I did ask the DVC owner to note or request this on our reservation.)

There are no guarantees. I know you want it to happen, and the person who booked it for you wants it to happen, but I hope you realize that you many not be close, you may even be on different floors. Do you truly understand this?

There are no guarantees. I know you want it to happen, and the person who booked it for you wants it to happen, but I hope you realize that you many not be close, you may even be on different floors. Do you truly understand this?

Yes, I understand a request is just a request/there are NO guarentees!
I guess we've been spoiled staying @Pop 4xs and ALWAYS gotten our request!
::yes::

Yes, I understand a request is just a request/there are NO guarentees!
I guess we've been spoiled staying @Pop 4xs and ALWAYS gotten our request!
::yes::

We've owned at Boardwalk for ten years and have gotten ONE request. And that was with "cancer recovery trip" noted on the reservation. Have realistic expectations. I hope it works for you.

Studios do not connect to other studios, they only connect to 1 bedrooms. But it's still possible to get studios next door to each other, they might be either dedicated studios or are connecting to 1 bedrooms on the opposite sides. Hopefully they can get you in the same general area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter