buying our tickets with Gift Cards

melle

Mouseketeer
I saw this on another Forum, but I was thinking of buying Gift Cards at Target (with the Red Card) and then using them to purchase our 5 day park hopper tickets. Will I have to wait and do it at the gate since I will have 33 gift cards (I called twice yesterday and one person said i could use 3 gift cards over phone and another person said 2 gift cards but unlimited at the gate)?

Is this something that anyone has done before?

I did the same. I only needed to buy one ticket though and the site I was on last night, only let me use one gift card which was $50. I would think they HAVE to take their own gift cards at the gate. Doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

Don't know about the benefits if the red card, but here on the east coast buying gift cards at the grocery gets me $ off at the gas station.

I would look into seeing if there was some way to combine the value of the gift cards through your local Disney Store or something. I would be a very frustrated person at the ticket booth having to process 33 cards...

I plan on doing the same thing. I get 5% off using my Red Debit card and I have a 5% off couponn from my pharmacy rewards. So I will save $25.oo a ticket by purchasing gift cards at Target.:thumbsup2

I would look into seeing if there was some way to combine the value of the gift cards through your local Disney Store or something. I would be a very frustrated person at the ticket booth having to process 33 cards...

Most (I can't say all but it may be all) Target's only carry the $50 entertainment card- no other denominations...

OP- I have never heard of anyone using all 33 at the ticket booth- but I know someone one on these boards said they called their order in and was able to get it processed- it was only the automated online system that had such a small limit. They may have had smaller orders and I think they bought one ticket at a time. I'm not sure if that is an option for you :)

What does buying gift cards do for you?
if you use your Red Card you save 5% on your purchase. I work at Target so I would get my employee discount as well as the Red Card Discount.

I called Disney store and they said they can't combine and you can't buy bigger denomination gift card with gift cards.

Most (I can't say all but it may be all) Target's only carry the $50 entertainment card- no other denominations...

OP- I have never heard of anyone using all 33 at the ticket booth- but I know someone one on these boards said they called their order in and was able to get it processed- it was only the automated online system that had such a small limit. They may have had smaller orders and I think they bought one ticket at a time. I'm not sure if that is an option for you :)

Yeah I have seen people say they call in and it is hit and miss depending on who you get. I called twice yesterday just to see and the most they told me you can use is 3 over the phone. Although I have thought about maybe calling in and using just 3 per ticket (calling in 6 times or asking to do 6 separate transactions).

I don't think you'll have a problem at all. If they give you a hard time, though, just have several grown ups do the purchasing. I honestly doubt you'll have am issue, though. In fact, I'm pretty certain they would have to let you use them, even if their computer didn't like it, they'd have to ring you up separately or whatever. It's Disney $$, should be treated same as cash :)

BTW - I did use Disney GS just fine to upgrade our passes, but only needed 4 GCs for the upgrade. We do the Target/Disney thing for all our Disneyland purchasing :)

Buying at the gate is the most expensive. You can get the same promotional discounts at your local Disney Store that you can get online. When I called our local store I was told that they do not limit the number of gift cards used. My daughter used 9 $50 gift cards from Target just last weekend to buy 2 tickets for our March trip.

What kind of gift card? Like a Visa GC, or...?

Target sells $50 Disney GCs. They're up by the registers. If you have a Target RED card (their instore debit and credit card) you get 5% off.

i used 10 giftcards to apply to our annual passes last october. it took the lady minimal time to scan them. the whole process was around 5-6minutes at the booth. there was a balance remaining and i even paid the rest on my debit card. easy peasy.

so 23 more cards would probably add like 10-15 minutes. no big deal. just make appropriate expectations when getting to the park and you will be fine.

We paid over $1500 for two of the premier APs (good at WDW and DLR), used $300-400 in Visa Rewards dollars and the rest was gift cards (they had to do the gift cards first, reward dollars was the last form of payment that could be processed so that was saved for last).

It ended up taking 15 minutes to half an hour, but that was fine. Because we were actually renewing our existing Premium APs and upgrading to Premiers (so it would keep our June expiration date, rather than the May date when we went to get it done)

Last June target had a special on disney and other gift cards so I bought them for our trip and used my red card. Made the $100 GC only $90. I had already purchased tickets for a good price through the entertainment book but used the giftcards for snacks and souvenirs and we had 2 character meals booked which I used them on.
When I was there last wk they had $25 princess cards too.
I wish they would run that special again. I should use them for the pharmacy but Walgreens is 5 min away and Target 15 min...
BTW, the red card is a debit card and there is no fee. You can get the credit card as well.

I saw this on another Forum, but I was thinking of buying Gift Cards at Target (with the Red Card) and then using them to purchase our 5 day park hopper tickets. Will I have to wait and do it at the gate since I will have 33 gift cards (I called twice yesterday and one person said i could use 3 gift cards over phone and another person said 2 gift cards but unlimited at the gate)?

Is this something that anyone has done before?

Well, as someone alluded to earlier, I would at least buy each ticket separately, using 3 gift cards for each ticket.

Also, I'd call the number on the back of the gift card during normal business hours and tell them what you are trying to do. They may be able to consolidate. But likely only during the week during the day.

I recently checked on the Disney site about this, because I am also planning to buy them with gift cards, but from my grocery store for gas points.
The site itself said you can use up to 3 gift cards. Thankfully, I saw some at my grocery store that are not a set amount :yay: so I don't have to stress about doing three separate transactions and then still having to pay the rest with my debit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter