• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying an AP online

DznyDreams

A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .
Is it possible to buy an AP online today and be able to access the Passholder's website immediately after? What information do I need in order to access the site?

I don't believe so. You actually have to have the voucher in hand to use the numbers on the back.

Thanks! This is what I thought.

Yesterday, I told a good friend of mine about how I used to save a ton of money on our yearly Disney trips by renting DVC points and buying AP's (taking every other trip just before the current APs expired). I also told her that she could possibly get good room discounts through Disney reservations with the AP, but the system for this had changed a lot just recently. I explained what I have been reading about concerning the new Passholder system, which, to be completely honest, can be very confusing.

She wanted to know if she could buy one ticket for herself and then check the prices on the website. I said that I didn't think she couldn't do this, but I promised her that I'd ask the folks "in the know" on the DIS.

Personally, I'm already "set" with a AAA MYW package and very pleased that I don't have to deal with the Passholder website at all. I'll take my chances and wait for possible general public codes (not betting on this). Otherwise, I have my 20% discount (CBR during value season) and the dining plan, so I'm happy as a lark. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter