Buying a touring plan

Sorta, I used to use Ridemax software. But enough trips and dis reads plus blogs and I don't anymore. Even for newbies, there is No need to anymore, try easywdw.com. Free touring plans with great advice.

Sort of. I paid for a Touringplans subscription and did personalized touring plans one year. But I've just used the easywdw cheat sheets for our last few visits, and was quite happy with them.

I'm a big fan of www.touringplans.com. I like the descriptions that they have for all of the rides and the ratings by age group. That helps us decide what want to do. And even though I always do my own custom touring plan which is free to do on their site, I usually start with one of their custom touring plans that you have to have the subscription for access and then modify it. // It's just $13 a year to subscribe and well worth it for me. // And the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World is an excellent guide and a fun read if are a reader (more fun by far than any other guidebook I've read). It's a separate purchase, but with that FYI you get a discount on the online touring plans.

There is a mobile app too that you get that tells you wait times for the rides with the touringplans.com subscription too.

I subscribe every year that I go to WDW.

I agree that Easywdw is a great site with great information too.

I do, though, love the time study plans that touringplans provides. It does more than just give me a plan too. I look at wait times on different times of the year that I am considering and that helps me decide if to go at all and when I want to go. Based on my plans to just to one day at the Magic Kingdom, but do the Keys to the Kingdom tour the first five hours and attractions after that I didn't like what I was seeing for waits over spring break loosing rope drop time. A January time I considered as a second choice became my plan when I saw very reasonable afternoon wait times. // If you have a large group too a plan ahead of time makes things so much easier vs. too many people trying to decide what to do next. // The plans really help me level set my expectations too (how many attractions is reasonable to expect to do in the amount of time we plan to spend in the park, etc.

We pay for Touring Plans.com for every trip, including DLR and Universal. I usually do the optimized personalized plans though. We find it to be worth it, especially since a year subscription is about $10 or less per park.

I used easywdw.com to create mine. I did pay for a TP subscription just for the slight possibility that the room request fax will work for us (we are 4 rooms renting DVC points, so the chances are slim!). I am considering it a $13 lottery ticket!:earboy2:

Used easywdw for my last trip in 2014, and using it for my trip in a few days! Worked very well.

I would definitely check out easywdw as others recommend. Spending $15 on an Unofficial Guide is a good idea too. Amazon has it. Between those two sources you'll have a base of knowledge to start with. Then you can come to the DIS for more specific questions. If you really want to come up with your own plans and test them out it's worth the $10-15 for a touringplans.com subscription. I use it to get an idea of what is doable in a certain amount of time. The more trips we take, the better feel I have for timing without these tools, but I still find them helpful and highly recommend them, eapecially for a first trip. Happy planning!

I renew my touring plans subscription pretty much every year. I don't necessarily need the planning help any longer, but I want to support the work that the do. I love the crowd calendar and lines app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter