Busch Gardens

Pinkos

Mouseketeer
hi there,

I've googled and searched the forums. Tons of info on WDW, some info on IOA, but I can't find any info on Busch.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I need a touring plan?

Help please ...

Busch Garden posts will mostly be in the Sea World board since it's owned and operated by Sea World.What info do you need?

When are you going. We were there at end of August the last two years and didn't need a touring plan or fast passes.
Maybe look on the Sea World forum. But feel free to ask anything. My son loves BG.

I did look on the sea world forums and didn't see much at all.

I guess I'm looking for anything and everything. We will be there this may. We are family of four, 2 adults and a 7 and 4 year old. We only have one day to the park, and I know I cant do/see it all.

So suggestions/advice on things that are good for kids that age. And maybe your top 2 adult rides as my DH loves rides as well.

You can do everything in BG in one day. I am not sure about the shows as we haven't watched the shows there in years. I live about 20 minutes from BG. Top rides for adults are Cheetah Hunt, Sheikra, and Falcon's Fury. There is a section just for the little ones. It use to be dinosaur themed when my kids were in that age range, now it's sesame street themed.

Bush gardens is located in Tampa and no you don't need a touring guide I would just show up and plan your day as it goes .I don't remember but last I was there I don't think they had fast passes .Don't stay right next to there its located in a rough area of Tampa .You will be ok getting to your car and while in the park but the area around it is a little rough I would stay closer to Clearwater .Nice Quailty Inn on Us 19 with a pool,hot tub ,kiddy pool located next to a mini gulf and shops and restaurants.Good price for the area .

http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/park-info/park-hours/

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/clearwater/quality-inn-hotels/fl033

Last edited:
Bush gardens is located in Tampa and no you don't need a touring guide I would just show up and plan your day as it goes .I don't remember but last I was there I don't think they had fast passes .Don't stay right next to there its located in a rough area of Tampa .You will be ok getting to your car and while in the park but the area around it is a little rough I would stay closer to Clearwater .Nice Quailty Inn on Us 19 with a pool,hot tub ,kiddy pool located next to a mini gulf and shops and restaurants.Good price for the area .

http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-tampa/park-info/park-hours/

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/clearwater/quality-inn-hotels/fl033

While I agree that the immediate area around the park is not great I don't see the reason to go to Clearwater,that's pretty far.You have a good Embassy Suites,La Quinta and a Wingate like 2 minutes away on McKinley and Fowler in front of USF,the area around Fletcher and I-75 also has some good places in a nicer business park area and the West shore/International Plaza area near the airport is also full of good hotels.I would say to stay away from Busch Blvd and don't go too far west on Fowler,but if you get a good branded hotel in the areas I mentioned you should be fine.

I don't live to far from Tampa and but I won't stay at that LA Quinta they been having some problems there some people I know who stayed there said they had issues with bed bugs and it's really noisy .The other two might be ok but a little on the pricey side but if you stay there don't stay anywhere to cheap and don't travel to far the other direction away from Busch Gardens .Don't walk to Busch Gardens use your car .You don't want to walk through that area .Clearwater is only about 40 minutes away and the beach is right there its a nice area .It is a pretty spot .You can stay near the airport but it will cost a lot .But it's an ok area to stay in .

Last edited:
I agree Clearwater is too far to go for a hotel unless you want to stay at the beach. There are a few decent hotels near BG on Fowler that are decent. Do not stay at a hotel on Busch. There are plenty of nearby hotels, even in Brandon near the Westfield Shopping Center or off the Northern end of Bruce B. Downs that you can stay at (North of Fowler).

OP didn't mention if she needed a hotel or not.

Cheetah hunt is a great ride!!! :)

There is a train ride that takes you through the park to see animals-good for younger kids.

As a pp mentioned there is a Sesame Street themed area for younger kids. There are some smaller coasters for kids who are not quite into the thrill rides yet.

Brandon is ok it is a little closer then Clearwater but its still a good 30 minutes away .I personal don't like to go to that area around Busch Gardens usf is a little better of an area but it's not all that great no where in Tampa really is .

Last edited:
Lines aren't usually very bad at Busch Gardens but if you really want you can purchase a "Quick Queue" for 20.99 that let's you go to the front of every line. I've never done that since I'm local, and not in any hurry. You can get a "fun card" for about the price of one day, and go whenever you'd like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter