• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bus to Port Canaveral

Kariyaffa

Mouseketeer
What’s the bus from the resorts to Port Canaveral like? I’ve seen pics of the outside and it looks cool. Is it just a regular coach style bus on the inside? Do they play a movie or anything?

Also if anyone has ridden it since Covid, are people spaced out at all? Thanks!

It is a standard coach style bus, exactly like the Magical Express buses.

They do have a video playing, it was a mixture of Disney trivia and classic cartoons.

They did not assign us seats, so we could space out as much as we wanted (most did not).

Hope this is helpful!

They have usually played a Disney movie while on the way to the port when we have ridden. They also have a restroom in the back if you or your kids need it on the 1hr drive to get there.

Found photos online of the interior of the bus.

Exactly. It's a standard coach bus decorated with the Disney Cruise Line logo inside and with characters on the outside. It's clean and comfortable, and last week the driver played the first half of "Moana." The ride is only an hour so if a movie is played you won't finish it...unless you play the rest in your stateroom via Disney On Demand.

It is a standard coach style bus, exactly like the Magical Express buses.

They do have a video playing, it was a mixture of Disney trivia and classic cartoons.

They did not assign us seats, so we could space out as much as we wanted (most did not).

Hope this is helpful!
With your mask on, pretend to lightly cough and you may get the space you want between you and others. Just joking! Seriously, only joking!

The bus was about 25% full on our drive to the ship. However, it was 100% full on the ride back to MCO.

Just curious....are you flying in for your cruise? If so, you are going to find the flights full as well.
It just seems like Disney is going to such great lengths to decrease capacity on the boat but then having this on their buses. And yes obviously most people either already live in FL which currently has horrible Covid rates or are flying in on crowded flights but that part is out of DCLs control.

I’m not personally comfortable with my kids flying until their vaccinated and then we’ll see

It just seems like Disney is going to such great lengths to decrease capacity on the boat but then having this on their buses. And yes obviously most people either already live in FL which currently has horrible Covid rates or are flying in on crowded flights but that part is out of DCLs control.

I’m not personally comfortable with my kids flying until their vaccinated and then we’ll see
To be honest, I think disney is not really going through great lengths to decrease capacity. It's just that not many guests are sailing. The packed bus with everyone wearing masks is quite a bit safer than the maskless indoor dining, but I hear you it's hard to get over the "squick" factor of being that close to other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter