Bunnies and other creatures

N

nw6675

Are there any bunnies or other creatures to see at Disney? The only way I can get DD to stay at YC is if she can pet a bunny. We have a farm booked on the way, but..

You are not to touch or feed any of the wildlife so I’d warn her ahead of time.

I am a bunny person myself and know of no where at Disney that is an option. I’d show her video of the petting station at AK.

You can look to see if there are any animal experience upcharges happening during your trip at AK or campground.

We too have seen multiple bunnies all over WDW, especially in Epcot and along the canal between Epcot and DHS, but I agree with previous posters - they’re wild and can’t be petted. So she can hope to see them but not pet them. Sorry.

Is she happy with just watching them? We see bunnies in Canada at Epcot, in the fields around the castle in MK going into Tomorrow land, at all the resorts. So much to just see and watch. The goats at Planet Watch at AK are fun and will give her hands on, but otherwise it is just watching. And the animal trails are great - but once again just to watch.

The first time I saw a bunny at Disney World was within the Magic Kingdom. However, that was 32 years ago. I remember it well. I was sitting with my 5 year old son on the benches at the first aid station waiting for his sister and Dad to come out. At that time there was a grassy area and a flower bed in front of the First Aide station within sight. The bunny hopped out of the flower bed and just sat for a time very still. Folks were walking here and there on the sidewalks and paying it no mind. If finally hopped back into the flower bed. My son and I were thrilled to have seen him in the middle of all the hustle and bustle.
The next time we saw a bunny at WDW was over 25 years ago and we were staying at Port Orleans. We came back from the Parks around dusk and had just gotten off the bus and there was a beautiful rabbit. (Think Thumper!) The kids approached it slowly and put out their hands. To my amazement the bunny did not run off when approached and actually came up and sniffed their extended hands, then slowly hopped off. I thought to myself, "Oh my, Disney even has the wildlife trained to be magical with kids." Two very special memories.

That's what I figured. Anyone know of a decent petting zoo near Disney? I'm searching now, but thought you guys might know. I'd much rather stay at YC than an Airbnb on the way driving down lol

We see bunnies all the time at WDW but you can't pet them. I'd look at doing the petting zoo at AK if she's into petting animals. We see deer and gators around Disney as well along our drives into the parks or on bus/monorail rides. And of course you'll see a ton of squirrels, birds and ducks at the parks. All drawn to the food. As always, no one should ever pet any wild animals. The birds and squirrels are very brazen and not at all afraid of people.

Ok please don't take this the wrong way because I don't mean this disrespectfully at all, but how old is your daughter? I ask only because if she's young then she'll obviously have to stay wherever you want to stay. You're the one paying. If she's older and has a say in it because she's contributing to the trip, what are her reasons for not wanting to say at YC other than not being able to pet bunnies? Just looking for a way to compromise here.

We always see rabbits in the garden area of Canada—we stop and watch them every trip. But they are wild animals—no touching. The squirrels in Disney can be pretty bold and come right up to you especially if food is around, but I would never try to pet one. We did see one of the elusive Disney cats by Haunted Mansion one time!

And if she can’t pet a rabbit, where are you staying then? YC is pretty sweet place and not a place to give up staying because there are no rabbits. There’s a difference in everyone giving an opinion on the family vacation and someone dictating it. I’m not letting my kid dictate where we stay. DD9 gives input as we narrow down our choices (preferences on location, pool setup, etc), but we make the final choice since we are the one paying. She’s just happy to go in the end.

Are there any bunnies or other creatures to see at Disney? The only way I can get DD to stay at YC is if she can pet a bunny. We have a farm booked on the way, but..
Out of curiosity where are you staying if she can't pet bunnies at Disney? You mean that she wouldn't want to go to WDW at all? Sounds like she would enjoy AK with all of the animals. Maybe see if any of the special tour experiences (booked separately) are appropriate for her age? What about staying at AKL with a savannah view?

Your post is amusing and somewhat unbelievable. :upsidedow

Take her to a pet store when you are almost to disney. Give the store a tip for allowing her to pet a bunny.

Out of curiosity where are you staying if she can't pet bunnies at Disney? You mean that she wouldn't want to go to WDW at all? Sounds like she would enjoy AK with all of the animals. Maybe see if any of the special tour experiences (booked separately) are appropriate for her age? What about staying at AKL with a savannah view?

Your post is amusing and somewhat unbelievable. :upsidedow
Why unbelievable? I said on the way down. We've rented an Airbnb on a farm in St. Augustine for one night since we have a 12 hour drive. I'd prefer to drive straight down if there was a petting zoo or on Disney hence the question. AK doesn't have what we are looking for and already done the sip and savor.

Of course we're gong to Disney....I should have stated we are doing a split stay Riviera/VGF. The YC comes into play if I can get an extra night without stopping :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why unbelievable? I said on the way down. We've rented an Airbnb on a farm in St. Augustine for one night since we have a 12 hour drive. I'd prefer to drive straight down if there was a petting zoo or on Disney hence the question. AK doesn't have what we are looking for and already done the sip and savor.

Of course we're gong to Disney....I should have stated we are doing a split stay Riviera/VGF. The YC comes into play if I can get an extra night without stopping :)
That makes much more sense. Your original post did not mention any of the split stay and just said she would not stay at YC if she couldn’t pet a bunny. But if you have a 12 hour drive, how much are you really going to get out of your farm AirBNB for one night? Go to YC and take her to an animal shelter or pet store to pet a rabbit.

Could you start the trip (day before) with the bunny petting before you leave home? Or start and end the trip with a visit to the bunny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter