• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bugs Bunny

Good Ol Gal

A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country
DVC Gold
Does anyone remember the Bugs Bunny where there was the big orange monster chasing BB in slow motion? "C-o-m-e b-a-c-k h-e-r-e b-u-n-n-y- r-a-b-b-i-t"

We don't get any Looney Tunes on our cable and dh really wants to share it with the kids. I know they have BB dvds now, but how the heck do you figure out which episode this was?

It was this guy
bugs-n-gossamer.jpg

His name is Gossamer and he was in 2 Bugs cartoons, "Hair Raising Hare" and "Water, Water, Every Hare". The second one is available on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume #1. The first will probably be on #4 when it comes out. There are 3 "Golden Collection" Looney Tunes boxed sets out so far and they are all wonderful!

wow!! Thanks so much!!!

We have all 3 of the DVDs reserved from the library but didn't know which episode to look for.

Do you know which one is the one with the slow motion??

Good Ol Gal said:
wow!! Thanks so much!!!

We have all 3 of the DVDs reserved from the library but didn't know which episode to look for.

Do you know which one is the one with the slow motion??

You're very welcome. I knew my worthless cartoon trivia would come in handy one day! The slow motion sequence is in "Water, Water, Every Hare". An extra bit of trivia; although he is not voice credited, the mad scientist in that particular cartoon was most likely Vincent Price.

It's actually the mad scientist chasing the rabbit while saying "come back here you rabbit". That was the water one because it ended with Bugs saying "Nighty Night" and winding up poured back into his hole.

What episode was it where Bugs Bunny was checking out home movies, and he ran off-screen calling, "Slow motion, please!...[Pause as he starts off screen] T~h~a~n~k~s!" [Continues to run off-screen with air currents showing behind his feet]

Perhaps it's on you tube. I know the one with BB calling a square dance to hillbillies is on you tube with others as well.

What episode was it where Bugs Bunny was checking out home movies, and he ran off-screen calling, "Slow motion, please!...[Pause as he starts off screen] T~h~a~n~k~s!" [Continues to run off-screen with air currents showing behind his feet]

Hmmm...I consider myself a huge Looney Toons fan, but you've got me stumped on that. I don't recall an episode where he's checking out home movies. What was the home movie he was watching about? They did a few episodes where he's talking to the animator (Daffy did one too), and he goes off screen once or twice. But I can't think of precisely what you're referencing....

Rabbit Seasoning was the best Looney Toons cartoon ever made!! I still laugh, and I've seen it literally hundreds of times.

WOW a 14 year old zombie thread..probably the oldest one I've seen in awhile, lol! Welcome to the DIS stevenscottoddballz!

OOOOO A zombie thread.
8 out of 10 zombies thought Gossimer would be wonderful because he has more brains.
1 out of 10 zombies would prefer bugs.
1 out of 10 zombies asked whether it was duck season, wabbit season or human season. Being that it was in fact human season, we quickly ended the survey and drove away quickly.

For anyone wondering, I'm not sure how long the copyright lasts, but they haven't made any attempt to remove it.

Also - the voice is supposedly a staff voice actor named John T. Smith.

Hmmm...I consider myself a huge Looney Toons fan, but you've got me stumped on that. I don't recall an episode where he's checking out home movies. What was the home movie he was watching about? They did a few episodes where he's talking to the animator (Daffy did one too), and he goes off screen once or twice. But I can't think of precisely what you're referencing....

Rabbit Seasoning was the best Looney Toons cartoon ever made!! I still laugh, and I've seen it literally hundreds of times.
I don't remember the home movie he was checking out. I just remember the part where he called out to the animator, "Slow Motion, please! [Pause as he runs off] T~h~a~n~k~s!" [We see him run off slowly, and air currents behind his feet.]

Last edited:
I grew up coming home after school or watching TV during summer and seeing old Looney Toons/Merrie Melodies, Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, Tom & Jerry, and other class cartoons. They would typically be in some of regular rotation on a couple of local TV stations where they were mixed together. At least in the San Francisco Bay Area this would have been on the (then) independent stations KTVU and KBHK.

I'm not sure where these show up except maybe on Cartoon Network? My kid really only knows Bugs Bunny because they're the characters at Six Flags parks. When I was a kid, Looney Toons characters were licensed to Marriott for their theme parks.

Great-America-Bugs.jpg

Heck - I remember when 237 wasn't even a freeway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter