Bug Repellent???

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I have a one year old son. We're going to WDW 8/10. Today I bought Off Botanicals (no deet) bug repellent lotion. My pediatrician said that we could use this or any other repellent with 10% or less deet. What works best? Someone posted that the ones with deet work best because they protect against West Nile Virus. We also have netting for over his stroller. Should I stick with the botanicals or get a product with deet?

scanne: I have purchased this recommended product for a trip to central america - it sounds like a wonder repellent & is very safe (ok for over 6 month old child!).

Here is the website for you to check out the product:

(I purchased the Cactus Juice bug repellent/sunscreen)

http://www.cactusjuicetm.com/

I hate the idea of using deet on myself or children - that stuff melts plastic...hate to think if it got rubbed into our eyes..I agree with your post to try Botanical based products.

have a fun trip - we may see you there same week!:Pinkbounc

There is another thread on this board where a chridren's dr and mother of two gave some great advice on bug spray products for kids. It's call "What to pack for babies first trip". I am sorry that i do not know how to do a link but it is pretty new(first page of tropics). Good luck.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter