• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffets for 2 year old - free or not?

bzzybee13

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are going in a few days with DD5 and DS2. I saw a post on here somewhere saying kids 2 years old or younger eat free at the buffet restaurants. Can anyone confirm this? That would save us a lot of $$! Thanks!

Yes! We just got back with our kids ds8, dd6, dd2. There was never a problem with having the 2 yo eat. I always made sure they knew there was only 2 children on DDP because I did not want them 2 take another sit down meal off my card!

Can anyone tell me if things work the same when NOT on the dining plan? I know it says under 3 eats free off an the adults plate. Does she have to eat off of our plate or can we get her her own plate? And do most restaurants offer her drinks too (at buffets) or are there some we need to pay for her drink?

THANKS!

If you take your child who is under 3 to a buffet or family style meal, she/he will eat free, including the drink. You get her/his own plate and go through the buffet line. S/he can eat anything available - not just kids' items. This is the policy whether you pay out of pocket or are on the DDP. Older kids (3-9) will be charged the child's price but can also eat anything on the buffet.

If you go to a restaurant where you order off the menu, you will pay for any items ordered for your 2-year old, including drinks. Your child may also eat off your plate if you choose or share food with anyone else.

At a counter service restaurant, you pay for what you order. You can choose to order a meal for your 2-year old or not - your choice. CS portions tend to be large (although kids' meal portions vary widely) - you probably won't need a meal for each adult and each child unless your kids are big eaters.

Buffets and family style places are free for under 3 yr old. If you dine at an a la carte place they can eat off your plate free, if you order them something you pay for it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter