Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa

zackspal

Mouseketeer
We are staying @ Buena Vista Palace end of Nov. Any Information anyone has would be appreciated
Thanks

Hi there,
I was there in April with 2 friends for a conference. We stayed in a 2queen bed room. The Beds were GREAT!!! I even asked what kind of mattresses they were before we left. Had a great nights sleep while sleeping beside the queen of snorers. The little market to pickup breakfast was extrememly busy in the mornings. We never usually had time to eat, but took it with us. While we wern't there to go to DW, we did walk over to Downtown Disney every night. Staff was great, rooms were clean and quiet. We did the character breakfast in the hotel on Sunday AM as torrential rains kept us in the hotel. Food was excellent at the Breakfast Buffet. Cost was around $25
Nice setting.

We are headed there this weekend. We have stayed twice when it was a Wyndham and are curious to see the $40 million renovations that Luxury Resorts has completed. When it was Wyndham the Tower had hall/elevator noise and our next door neighbor came home when the bars closed and was real loud. The Island Suites were nice but no view. We did the spa which was just OK and ate at Arthur's 27 which was superb.

I'm also interested in this as we've just booked for the week of Thanksgiving. Wondered how good the bus transportation was - is it operated by Mears? Also is the normal daily buffet breakfast $25? Also with the breakfast, can you book a time in advance or is it not that busy so you can just walk in?
Sorry to hijack the thread :upsidedow

If I was going to take the bus to the Disney parks I'd take the short walk to the Disney bus stop in Downtown Disney.

If I was going to take the bus to the Disney parks I'd take the short walk to the Disney bus stop in Downtown Disney.

That's what we're planning ;) Particularly because we've got ressies at resort restaurants a few nights - no need for designated driver then :rotfl:

That's what we're planning ;) Particularly because we've got ressies at resort restaurants a few nights - no need for designated driver then :rotfl:

I was under the impression that the DTD buses only go to the resorts. People had been using them to avoid parking fees in the parks and now they only go to the resorts. Confirmation anyone?

Thanks Everyone. Only staying here 1 night until we go to the boardwalk. Sounds like we made a good choice

I think you are right RosieP, I remember the buses from Downtown Disney only went to the resorts when I was there last month.

I was under the impression that the DTD buses only go to the resorts. People had been using them to avoid parking fees in the parks and now they only go to the resorts. Confirmation anyone?

Yep that's true. I'd prefer though to go to one of monorail resorts and transfer to MK than park and get ferry/ monorail over. Also there's the boardwalk resorts near MGM/Epcot to transfer from. For us it'll add to the experience as we love the boardwalk at Christmas :santa: and can't wait to see the decorations at the GF also :love:

Just back.

The beds and new furniture are real nice. The refridgerator was a nice touch. The rooms are much lighter and brighter. Breakfast was OK.

The bad- Hall noise was bad! The vanity counter area was too small. Long walk from self-parking. The balcony furniture was dirty. We never did get any shampoo. They don't have a return customer reward recognition but they said Luxury Resorts just bought Hilton so the reward system might be coming soon.

Just back.

The beds and new furniture are real nice. The refridgerator was a nice touch. The rooms are much lighter and brighter. Breakfast was OK.

The bad- Hall noise was bad! The vanity counter area was too small. Long walk from self-parking. The balcony furniture was dirty. We never did get any shampoo. They don't have a return customer reward recognition but they said Luxury Resorts just bought Hilton so the reward system might be coming soon.

Hi, sorry to hear you had a few problems with your stay :sad1: - did you complain and if so did the staff deal with your complaint? Just another quick question, how big is the fridge? What would it hold?

We`ve just come back from 14 nights in the palace and it was great. Loved every minute of our trip. Hotel is very clean and the renovation has been well done althought they still have to upgrade restaurant, spa and pool areas. We never had the breakfast buffet although we had croissants,pastries,juice and coffee every morning in the cafe for around $15 for all 3 of us. Very nice it is too:thumbsup2
Self parking is fine,cut through convention centre and you`re there apart from escalator up. Fridges are not too big, holds about 7-8 bottles of water, ours wasn`t too cold but they have ice machines on every floor. Vanity area is a bit small if you have lots of toiletries but there is a shelf underneath where towels are stored. We just moved them and used the shelf.
There is a guest laundry with 4 washers and four dryers so it`s just your luck if they`re busy or not.
Didn`t use the Disney transport as driving was a real pleasure for us and never had any problems parking.
We too had read some bad reports on trip advisor but don`t worry it really is an excellent hotel, staff are amongst the friendliest we have came across and the proximity to downtown disney is a big plus.
I think we are one of the few people to have had a bad meal in the outback restaurant in the hotel. Overcooked steak,twice!:confused3 Asked for medium rare and there was not a hint of pink.Came back with other one that was more or less the same. Anyway it won`t ruin our memories. The sports bar is very nice as well had a couple of nice meals in there, steaks cooked perfectly and cheaper than the "proper" restaurant.
I consider us to be very fussy and in saying that i wouldn`t hesitate to go back to this hotel again. People on trip advisor who have been really negative must be extremely hard to please as the complaints most of them make i found them to be far from the mark:rolleyes1 maybe we were just having too much fun??
All in all a fabulous hotel in beautiful grounds with very friendly helpful staff and within 7 mile radius of all Disney parks. We were very sad to leave and look forward to going back.:cloud9:

Hi, sorry to hear you had a few problems with your stay :sad1: - did you complain and if so did the staff deal with your complaint?

We didn't complain. We probably should have called housekeeping but we were too on the go. We did request turndown and they didn't replace any bath products either. They did take the tip!
Hall/elevator noise is not something the front desk can fix. It was an engineering problem that should have been addressed when they did the $40 million renovation.

We`ve just come back from 14 nights in the palace and it was great. Loved every minute of our trip. Hotel is very clean and the renovation has been well done althought they still have to upgrade restaurant, spa and pool areas. We never had the breakfast buffet although we had croissants,pastries,juice and coffee every morning in the cafe for around $15 for all 3 of us. Very nice it is too:thumbsup2
Self parking is fine,cut through convention centre and you`re there apart from escalator up. Fridges are not too big, holds about 7-8 bottles of water, ours wasn`t too cold but they have ice machines on every floor. Vanity area is a bit small if you have lots of toiletries but there is a shelf underneath where towels are stored. We just moved them and used the shelf.
There is a guest laundry with 4 washers and four dryers so it`s just your luck if they`re busy or not.
Didn`t use the Disney transport as driving was a real pleasure for us and never had any problems parking.
We too had read some bad reports on trip advisor but don`t worry it really is an excellent hotel, staff are amongst the friendliest we have came across and the proximity to downtown disney is a big plus.
I think we are one of the few people to have had a bad meal in the outback restaurant in the hotel. Overcooked steak,twice!:confused3 Asked for medium rare and there was not a hint of pink.Came back with other one that was more or less the same. Anyway it won`t ruin our memories. The sports bar is very nice as well had a couple of nice meals in there, steaks cooked perfectly and cheaper than the "proper" restaurant.
I consider us to be very fussy and in saying that i wouldn`t hesitate to go back to this hotel again. People on trip advisor who have been really negative must be extremely hard to please as the complaints most of them make i found them to be far from the mark:rolleyes1 maybe we were just having too much fun??
All in all a fabulous hotel in beautiful grounds with very friendly helpful staff and within 7 mile radius of all Disney parks. We were very sad to leave and look forward to going back.:cloud9:

Fantastic review - thanks!!! Can't wait to get there - only 45 more days to go :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter