BTMRR-The "New" Splash Mountain?

I always find if hilarious how a large percent of Disboarders jump at any opportunity to moan and groan and complain. Like, seriously people, this is Disney we're talking about! Why are you LOOKING for something to whine about? If you read the posts before you wrote anything you would see that EVERYONE who has ridden has said that it is just mist and not a soaking. Only one tweet said anything about being soaked. But some of you are acting like Disney just told you that the new admission price to the park is a kidney AND your first born!!!

Ya know... Disney makes boat loads of money selling those little water bottle/mist fans which are all over the park. Tons of little kids are carrying them. It's quite possible to be the victim of a careless child not watching where he is going and accidentally spraying you!!! How inconsiderate if Disney! Since this is probably about what the new additions to BTMRR will amount to, I think you all should just stay home to avoid those reckless, dangerous, fan-toting children! Go to Magic Mountain or Six Flags, and let the lines at Disney be shorter for myself and all the other people who actually love and appreciate it!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. Hate seeing grown adults throw temper tantrums like spoiled little babies over something so minor that it shouldn't be an issue at all. :)

Seriously :rolleyes:

Last time I checked this was a discussion board- and on this thread people were discussing a specific tweet that was linked in the first post.

Some people like getting wet, others don't, both sides were stating their preferences. There was no "moaning, groaning or whining" and certainly no one acted like disney was requesting "their kidney and firstborn".

There is a HUGE difference between a misting and a soaking. NOT ONE person seemed upset about a misting, but there individuals who (understandably) voiced concern about being soaked.

So far the only temper tantrum I have seen on this post is yours! :sad2:

Multiple people have made comments amounting to "glad I enjoyed it before they ruined the ride" or "won't be riding that any more." My point was that if people read everything before jumping straight to fussing, maybe they wouldn't have anything to fuss about. It's a non issue. Very often on the Dis people take a complain first attitude, which I think is pretty counterproductive to the whole Disney experience. Why look for something to fuss about when there isn't really anything there. If you don't agree with me, then you must not read very many threads. Or possibly you are one of the containers... Which is why you complained about my comment ;) either way, what I said was pretty accurate. And the only people who won't agree are the people my statement was about. It had nothing to do with the "mist" and everything to do with people's attitudes.

If you like Splash Mountain, just ride BTM first, then Spash, any water will be over quickly. You have the rest of the trip to dry out

Multiple people have made comments amounting to "glad I enjoyed it before they ruined the ride" or "won't be riding that any more." My point was that if people read everything before jumping straight to fussing, maybe they wouldn't have anything to fuss about. It's a non issue. Very often on the Dis people take a complain first attitude, which I think is pretty counterproductive to the whole Disney experience. Why look for something to fuss about when there isn't really anything there. If you don't agree with me, then you must not read very many threads. Or possibly you are one of the containers... Which is why you complained about my comment ;) either way, what I said was pretty accurate. And the only people who won't agree are the people my statement was about. It had nothing to do with the "mist" and everything to do with people's attitudes.

O CJJenkins! You and your temper tantrum ;) haha i agree 100% with your first post and wouldn't worry about what ol' candle had to say. If anyone reads this thread it does sound like a bunch of "moaning and complaining". And seriously......soaked on Thunder Mountain???? Never has and i would bet never will happen. Funny what one picture can cause. It was just the right angle at the right time for that shot to come out like that. Whoever says they "got soaked on Thunder Mountain" was probably riding it in the rain ;)

Ohh!! I love that ride! Not as much as Splash Mountain, just because it is a bit too loud. With the new water feature and some ear plugs it might a tie!!

If you don't agree with me, then you must not read very many threads. Or possibly you are one of the containers... Which is why you complained about my comment ;) either way, what I said was pretty accurate. And the only people who won't agree are the people my statement was about. It had nothing to do with the "mist" and everything to do with people's attitudes.

While I agree that many people on the Disboards love to complain and make something out of nothing...calling someone a container is out of line :rolleyes2

Bullseye said:
While I agree that many people on the Disboards love to complain and make something out of nothing...calling someone a container is out of line :rolleyes2

Lol. I apologize. That was wrong and I am sorry ;)

Really hope this is true

For me there is a real lack of wet rides at WDWi love getting wet on a ride on a hot day although that ripsaw falls ride at IOA took the mick!

Water rides at Disney are so strange to me.
The first time I went on Splash Mountain, I was SOAKED. I mean, through every layer, squishy shoes, top of the log dipped under the water SOAKED.

It then got really cold, and I remember being crabby the rest of the day because I never seemed to dry off (also everyone was laughing at the kids who looked like they were held under the water by Brer Bear)

The second time I visited? Barely a drop. We road SM probably 12 different times over that trip, and it was nothing more than a little misting.

I got wetter on POTC. Seriously.

This new feature looks pretty cool. It fits perfectly in the theme! And honestly you're moving so fast through that part of the track, I can't see how people can get wet unless it's a really windy day.

I don't think people have much to worry about... and if you are concerned, I guess wear what you do on SM, and keep it on in Frontierland.

I don't enjoy getting water on me on rides, even if it's only a little. I don;t ride Splash Mountain. I sit in the middle on PotC. A smallamount of water is more than I like. Not everybody has to like the same experiences. It's perfectly reasonable to be disappointed when something you enjoy doing gets changed to something you don't.

I always find if hilarious how a large percent of Disboarders jump at any opportunity to moan and groan and complain. Like, seriously people, this is Disney we're talking about! Why are you LOOKING for something to whine about? If you read the posts before you wrote anything you would see that EVERYONE who has ridden has said that it is just mist and not a soaking. Only one tweet said anything about being soaked. But some of you are acting like Disney just told you that the new admission price to the park is a kidney AND your first born!!!

Ya know... Disney makes boat loads of money selling those little water bottle/mist fans which are all over the park. Tons of little kids are carrying them. It's quite possible to be the victim of a careless child not watching where he is going and accidentally spraying you!!! How inconsiderate if Disney! Since this is probably about what the new additions to BTMRR will amount to, I think you all should just stay home to avoid those reckless, dangerous, fan-toting children! Go to Magic Mountain or Six Flags, and let the lines at Disney be shorter for myself and all the other people who actually love and appreciate it!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. Hate seeing grown adults throw temper tantrums like spoiled little babies over something so minor that it shouldn't be an issue at all. :)

You know as well as I do that Disney has NO intention of reducing their prices this much.

i guess if someone really hates the thought of getting wet THAT Much........they could wear a poncho? Why skip the ride when you can just throw a poncho on. I put one on even if there's the tiniest, remotest chance of getting wet -- because I too HATE walking around in wet clothes/shoes!

So, throwing a temper tantrum about people throwing a temper tantrum (in your eyes) is OK?

Thanks for the update.

I am thinking that the word "soaked" depends on your perspective. We have been on Jaws several times and no one was ever soaked. I guess it is possible from the splashing. Sorry your day was ruined. We love getting wet when it is hot out and usually wear Keens shoes to the parks.

I'm not sure how it changes the ride experience, but at least the lines will be shorter.:cool1:

I was soaked as in drenched with water squishing in my shoes. Head to toe and completely.

Must have missed the personal experience of the person who stated they got soaked.

Anyway, what does it matter whether it's a little wet or very wet? It was great fun as a completely dry ride.

I think that's the point - from my own perspective and seemingly others as they felt the need for an update - it really wasn't great fun. Pretty boring actually.

I don't enjoy getting water on me on rides, even if it's only a little. I don;t ride Splash Mountain. I sit in the middle on PotC. A smallamount of water is more than I like. Not everybody has to like the same experiences. It's perfectly reasonable to be disappointed when something you enjoy doing gets changed to something you don't.

I'm meelllttttiiiiinnnnnngggggggg...

I think that's the point - from my own perspective and seemingly others as they felt the need for an update - it really wasn't great fun. Pretty boring actually.

I guess those long lines were just chock-full of people who didn't enjoy the ride.

Intresting, I'll have to try it when I stop by this weekend (even though I already was :lmao:)

From the look of the photo, it doesn't look like you would get wet at all, other than maybe a slight mist.

Looks like just a few misty geysers, which I think are an awesome addition. :thumbsup2

Dan

Honestly, if you have ever gone through the standby queue for BTMR in high summer, there is really nothing new about getting soaked -- that queue is a furnace, and in summertime most people are dripping with sweat even BEFORE they board the ride. A good rinse is probably a good thing.

(That queue is so hot that I no longer attempt to ride in the daytime if I don't have a FP -- I've been taken out of it on a gurney on two different occasions, and if you'll pardon the pun, heat exhaustion has a way of dampening a vacation.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter