BTMRR-The "New" Splash Mountain?

They were testing this effect on the evening of September 6th last year when we rode (multiple times).
It was like a misting - wet hit your face, and you were aware of the sensation of water falling on you... but we certainly didn't leave soaked.

I missed this post. We were there that night too - it was the first full day of our trip last year and the geysers were one but like you say, it was a light mist. I assumed when I read this post that they would increase the level of spray though - perhaps that is not the case :confused3

If it is only what they were doing on the test run (we didn't realize it was a test - just assumed it was new since it was the first time we rode BTMR after the major refurb) then it's not that bad. It will be interesting to hear reports on this

I missed this post. We were there that night too - it was the first full day of our trip last year and the geysers were one but like you say, it was a light mist. I assumed when I read this post that they would increase the level of spray though - perhaps that is not the case :confused3

If it is only what they were doing on the test run (we didn't realize it was a test - just assumed it was new since it was the first time we rode BTMR after the major refurb) then it's not that bad. It will be interesting to hear reports on this

It was the first full day of our trip last year too! :)
Like you, it was the first time we'd ridden since the refurb and thought the geyser was part of that - we were really surprised on subsequent days when the effect then wasn't on!
Maybe they'll adjust the water amount by season, that would maybe be sensible, but as we experienced it, I thought it was very pleasant and added something to the ride. :thumbsup2

DH and I rode this yesterday. Geysers were working.

Yes, we did get misted a few times but in NO way did we leave soaked.

I always find it interesting to see how strongly some folks feel about getting wet on rides. Come on folks! It's only water!

We left Universal because of how soaked I got on Jaws. Walking around with water squishing in my shoes wasn't my idea of fun.

It was the first full day of our trip last year too! :)
Like you, it was the first time we'd ridden since the refurb and thought the geyser was part of that - we were really surprised on subsequent days when the effect then wasn't on!
Maybe they'll adjust the water amount by season, that would maybe be sensible, but as we experienced it, I thought it was very pleasant and added something to the ride. :thumbsup2

We rode it a lot that morning because Splash was down that morning!

They did actually have it on on other days of our stay but it was sporadic and I guess it was just a matter of whether we were at MK those days and riding BTMR at the time. We were there for 19 days last year so that probably upped the odds of us coming across it more often. I do remember being a little annoyed about it when we rode at the start of one of our MNSSHP nights with our sprayed hair colors and face paints on :rotfl2:

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. It fundamentally changes the ride experience. If you want to get wet, there are already plenty of opportunities to do that.

So glad I had the chance to enjoy this ride while it was fun.

WDI - The kings of "fixing" things that ain't broke while ignoring things that are.

minnie mum said:
Yes, it is only water. Which can, if you aren't forewarned, ruin your 'do, your clothes, your phone, or your camera. It can also, if the weather is cool, leave you shivering miserably for hours afterwards or chafing in places that you would rather not be chafed in.

Yep, agree. Irritating to think a great ride is going to be avoided. Blah! We spent our time riding the water rides when the kids were little. Now, we no longer ride them (thank goodness). Big Thunder was always a favorite, but I won't be riding it if we get really wet.

They were testing this effect on the evening of September 6th last year when we rode (multiple times).
It was like a misting - wet hit your face, and you were aware of the sensation of water falling on you... but we certainly didn't leave soaked.

Thanks for the report!:)

I saw the word "soaked" in the caption and,to me,"soaked" means Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapid!LOL:)

Great to know we will only be "misted"!:)

What fun!! From all those who have commented while the geysers are on, all have said it's a misting.

Bring it on! What a fun addition to a great ride!!

Did any of you look at the picture before complaining? Or wait to hear peoples personal experiences? From the looks, most of the effect is so far away it wont touch you and even if it did it looks like a fog or mist. From what people are saying its barely even worth mentioning. I am amazed how much people freak out before bothering to ride the ride themselves. Relax, you are on vacation at the happiest place on earth, things could be a lot worse than getting lightly misted on.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. It fundamentally changes the ride experience. If you want to get wet, there are already plenty of opportunities to do that.

WDI - The kings of "fixing" things that ain't broke while ignoring things that are.

Yep, agree. Irritating to think a great ride is going to be avoided. Blah! We spent our time riding the water rides when the kids were little. Now, we no longer ride them (thank goodness). Big Thunder was always a favorite, but I won't be riding it if we get really wet.

Must have missed where personal experiences stated it was a misting

I always find it interesting to see how strongly some folks feel about getting wet on rides. Come on folks! It's only water!

So if you walked out your front door and someone sprayed you with a garden hose you would be ok with that?? I mean it's just water, right?

Some of us choose to dress differently for days when we plan to get wet and take any necessary precautions to protect phones/cameras. Some mist is nothing to fret about but to get drenched when you are not wanting to get wet can be very aggravating in the least.

There are rides that are known to be wet/water rides so folks know up front what they are getting into and can prepare accordingly. But to take was has been a "dry" ride and add water features that could soak guests does impact the ride experience in a negative fashion for someone not wanting to get wet.

DH and I rode this yesterday. Geysers were working.

Yes, we did get misted a few times but in NO way did we leave soaked.

Thanks for the update.

We left Universal because of how soaked I got on Jaws. Walking around with water squishing in my shoes wasn't my idea of fun.

I am thinking that the word "soaked" depends on your perspective. We have been on Jaws several times and no one was ever soaked. I guess it is possible from the splashing. Sorry your day was ruined. We love getting wet when it is hot out and usually wear Keens shoes to the parks.

I'm not sure how it changes the ride experience, but at least the lines will be shorter.:cool1:

Sounds like a BLAST! (pun intended) I think it makes it a little more fun and can't wait for some cooling off this summer.

Only thing is in summer if it is humid, as it usually is, getting wet can leave you feeling more hot and sticky after than you were before. Although the cooling mist is lovely while you're under it.

When they did the testing last year (I dind't realize it was a testing phase until someone there at the same time pointed that out earlier on here) it wasn't a blast of water - it was more like a mist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter