BTMRR-The "New" Splash Mountain?

No. No. No.

I hate water rides for the most part. The only one I go on is Splash Mountain.

Honestly not sure how I feel about this, but my main question is WHY?? Is this for real?

It doesn't look that bad! To me it looks like it would be hard to get "soaked" from where the blasts are located! I say that having not been on it since they started it, but it just doesn't look like you will get crazy wet. Looks more like it would mist more than soak. Hmm...Guess I will find out in 53 days!!!

That will be very sad if it is true. Big Thunder Mountain is my favorite ride and I would hate to think about getting wet while riding it. A gentle mist might be OK but soaked is just awful -- too cold in the cooler months and too humid to dry off when it is hot. Plus it's a pain to make sure cell phone, camera, etc. are all safe in waterproof bags.

I heard about this and wasn't too happy. I guess I outgrew my loved to be soaked phase. I'm kind of surprised they did it because for as many people that love to get wet there are just as many that hate it.

Rats. We both believe that getting wet shouldn't be part of a ride unless it's raining. We liked BTMRR -- I'll reserve judgement until I see more information, but this isn't encouraging at all.

Rats. We both believe that getting wet shouldn't be part of a ride unless it's raining. We liked BTMRR -- I'll reserve judgement until I see more information, but this isn't encouraging at all.

::yes:::crazy2:

I always find it interesting to see how strongly some folks feel about getting wet on rides. Come on folks! It's only water!

I always find it interesting to see how strongly some folks feel about getting wet on rides. Come on folks! It's only water!

Yes, it is only water. Which can, if you aren't forewarned, ruin your 'do, your clothes, your phone, or your camera. It can also, if the weather is cool, leave you shivering miserably for hours afterwards or chafing in places that you would rather not be chafed in.

I wouldn't mind if these geyser effects only lightly misted guests and, like splash mountain's water cannons, could be reduced or turned off completely during periods of cooler weather.

They were testing this effect on the evening of September 6th last year when we rode (multiple times).
It was like a misting - wet hit your face, and you were aware of the sensation of water falling on you... but we certainly didn't leave soaked.

Yes, it is only water. Which can, if you aren't forewarned, ruin your 'do, your clothes, your phone, or your camera. It can also, if the weather is cool, leave you shivering miserably for hours afterwards or chafing in places that you would rather not be chafed in.

I wouldn't mind if these geyser effects only lightly misted guests and, like splash mountain's water cannons, could be reduced or turned off completely during periods of cooler weather.

^^^ This!

I don't mind getting wet on rides but I really don't want to be shivering on a cool evening in damp clothing, or risking my camera getting wet :rolleyes:

I guess we can always do a test run just to see how bad it is so I can assess from there: Camera out or camera in the bag. As long as they are consistent with their generosity in showering us with water

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter