BRRRR... The Dixons do Disney. Day 3

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Cast; same as before, we haven't lost anyone yet.

This was New Years Eve and we were finally heading to a park. I had really wanted to do MK, but heard that this one fills to capacity early so we opted for Universal. Today was beyond cold, but this time we wore pants and shorts(we were being very optimistic). Our first stop was spiderman, awesome as usual. Nobody was riding the roller coasters for fear that their face would freeze mid air. The next section is toon lagoon(water area), where nobody is brave enough yet, so on we go to Jurassic park. On our last trip we missed the river adventure ride and really wanted to try it. Now because this ride involves water we watched a few boats come down to see how wet everyone else was getting. After a few empty boats one finally comes down with people on it. Their advice was to sit in the middle and you will not get very wet. Off we went and this is a great ride(very similar to splash mountain), but we want to try it when we are not so paranoid of getting wet. Our next stop was a new roller coaster, The flying unicorn. This one is also very similar to goofy's barnstormer. My kids rode this one 3 times in a row. Now to the lost continent and the talking fountain. Love this guy, though I still cannot figure out where he is. We catch the Sinbad show, which is one of DS's favorites. Next stop is Whoville(suess landing). This section was done up amazing for the holidays. We took tons of pictures here, it was just to cute. Had lunch at Circus Mckircas(sp), then off to cat in the hat. This ride is very warm inside and we were tempted to get right back on for that reason alone. Did the new MT crumpit ride(pretty lame), the carousel and one fish two fish. To finish off this park we headed back for a couple more laps on the unicorn. One disappointment was that I thought the grinch and cindy loo-who would be around for pictures, but the only time we seen them was in the performance of Grichmas. We grab a hot chocolate(it is still freezing out), and head over to the other park. Here we did terminator, ET(but for some reason our car did not say goodbye to everyone), Back to the future, and jaws. Now to give you an idea of how cold it was, at 4 in the afternoon we had to chip the ice off of the seat before we could sit down. As a rule you do not get very wet on Jaws, but for some reason my DH got soaked. We decide that there is no way he can stay out in the cold so we head to twister before we leave. Here they stand me and my dd behind others and we miss the entire show. So my dd is very upset so I decide to ask the man at the exit if there is any way of getting back on, and being the nice guy that he was he put us right up front for the very next show. This time she comes out happy. My DH is starting to turn blue so home we go. I had my heart set on ringing in the new year in a park, but because I did not pack heavy stuff we had no choice but to watch from our room. After dinner in the sports bar at the hotel we take the kids swimming. No luck. The pool is closed for some reason. I head to the laundry room(we only had 1 pair of pants each), and my family heads back to the room. We kept the kids up for the ringing in ceremony. At 11:55 DH and I grab our champagne, the kids grab their grape juice and across the hall we go. The fireworks over the 4 parks were amazing, and the view from the 10th floor was excellent. Other guests in their bathrobes joined us at the window, while others who managed to get their room on the right side of the building were out on their balconies. We could also hear them going off as well. It was not what I had planned, but was still beautiful to watc

Your screen name caught my eye...I am a hockey mom too (in Minnesota). Sorry things didn't turn out quite how you had planned...but look on the bright side...you didn't get too hot! When we were there in the summer the weather was pretty warm for us northerners!

I'm enjoying your report...looking forward to the "rest of the story".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter