Brother & Sister, WL, AKL, and Parents on a Disney Cruise! We're off!!! 5/8!!

Those sure are some yummy ADRs!!! You know I fully endorse your Boma ressie!!!

We had an 8:00 Tusker House breakfast last June. We were able to see all the characters and eat our fill, and still be out about 8:45. We wandered around Africa, took lots of photos, and were right up at the rope drop of the safari. It was kind of neat watching the hordes of people crest the bridge -- like something out of Lord of the Rings. :rotfl:

So on our 90th day out a few weeks ago I was up bright and early with disney dining and I was able to get every restaurant we wanted!! The only exception is the proper time for yak & yeti but i think that because even on EMH, the restaurant closes at 5. I'm really excited to try this new place! Both us and our parents are going to be on the basic dining plan!

May 9th - Mama Della's - this is the best italian restuarant in Orlando! Even ask wdwinfo.com!! I ate here a few years ago while vacationing with my cousins to Disney/Universal its in the Portofino Bay Hotel (a georgeous universal hotel) and if you ever find yourself venturing off disney property or going to Universal for a day or 2, you have to find the time to get over here!

May 10th - Mom and Dad leave for cruise, David and I check into the WL :cloud9: Dinner at Boma Its weird that we have this ADR when we are at the WL not the AKL, but all our restaurants towards the end of the trip are with Mom & Dad and as of right now they like the restaurants we picked. Last time I was here with Dad we had a late ADR and it was awesome! It was the best experience there yet! The food choices were different than every other time we were there, they had this soup, which was the soup from the Seinfeld episode with the soup nazi! There were no buffet lines, and it was so casual, our waitress was awesome!! Im hoping for a repeat experience this trip even though our ADR is early so we can get to Epcot for Illuminations

May 11th - Dinner at Kona Cafe - my second favorite disney restaurant and we both just love it here!!

May 12th - This is our day off, we have dinner this night at Whispering Canyon. My favorite disney restaurant!! Good memories of this place from last trip seeing Declansdad and Pooksma. David asking for a refill and getting this:

IMG_5268.jpg

May 13th - We have 2 ADRs this day. Paying out of pocket for my favorite breakfast spot Crystal Palace and than dinner at Yak & Yeti that night for AK EMH which we are very excited to try!! I have 2 ADRs right now (I hate to admit) because Im not sure which we should do: We have an 8:05am for a 'before the parks open' experience and than the latest they had which was a 10:30am. We've had the experience before of being there before the park opens and its also kind of stressful when you know you wanna make it to rope drop but the characters haven't been all around etc! We've never had an 8:05 though (the earliest) what is everyones experience with this? Is that enough time or should we stick with the more easy going breakfast at 10:30?

May 14th - Beaches & Cream for lunch out of pocket (love this place!) and this is the day mom & dad come back so we are meeting them for dinner at Chef Mickey's! They have never eaten here for dinner and we had a good experience. Dad loves him some buffets and he likes the character experience at Chef Mickey's so we are looking forward to this one! Fantasmic this night so it is an early ADR (thank goodness!) wish us luck :scared1:

May 15th - Time for David's favorite disney restaurant tonight, Le Cellier! We all really love Le Cellier it is so good!

May 16th - Our last ADR of the trip right now is Ohana. I've only eaten here once a few years ago and I was with less pickier eaters (my cousins) we had a great time! However, Dad and david are extremely picky so i'm thinking we might switch this to Kona again (a place we all enjoy) or something else remotely close to MK. Anyone eat here with a picky eater?

Look Pa-we're famous:rotfl:

i really like your ADRs. A new fav (Y&Y), an old one (CP is a must for us each trip with Declan) and of course, LC...mmmm.....LC...mmmm

I'm so glad to see you love Whispering Canyon! I've seen some really bad reviews, but my heart is set on trying it this time and I didn't want to be disappointed.

What do you rec to eat - the skillet? Or, something else??

I'm so glad to see you love Whispering Canyon! I've seen some really bad reviews, but my heart is set on trying it this time and I didn't want to be disappointed.

I don't understand why anyone would say ANYTHING bad about WC. That is probably the most fun restaurant on property. The food is amazing, and the atmosphere is awesome! As far as your dilemma goes, I really couldn't say because I'm an extremely picky eater, but I really liked the Western Chicken Pasta. It had a nice bite to it, and was very tasty.

Those sure are some yummy ADRs!!! You know I fully endorse your Boma ressie!!!

We had an 8:00 Tusker House breakfast last June. We were able to see all the characters and eat our fill, and still be out about 8:45. We wandered around Africa, took lots of photos, and were right up at the rope drop of the safari. It was kind of neat watching the hordes of people crest the bridge -- like something out of Lord of the Rings. :rotfl:

I think we're leaning towards the 10:30 but i appreciate the input, im sure someone will put the 8:05 to good use!! I like the idea of not being in such a rush and enjoying the character experience

Next time I come to disney I wanna hang with you. :)

Just let me know when!

Look Pa-we're famous:rotfl:

i really like your ADRs. A new fav (Y&Y), an old one (CP is a must for us each trip with Declan) and of course, LC...mmmm.....LC...mmmm

Haha just thinking about it makes us drool too!! :cloud9:

I really really really love the canyon skillet its my favorite thing. Its usually hit or miss with a lot of the stuff but the chicken is really good and so are the potatoes. Last time the ribs seemed a bit funky and I would have said something but I didn't mind because I was really enjoying the chicken! lol

I don't understand why anyone would say ANYTHING bad about WC. That is probably the most fun restaurant on property. The food is amazing, and the atmosphere is awesome! As far as your dilemma goes, I really couldn't say because I'm an extremely picky eater, but I really liked the Western Chicken Pasta. It had a nice bite to it, and was very tasty.

Yeah we'll see what you get this time WCC rocks!

Next time I come to disney I wanna hang with you. :)

Hi Kim!!! Long time no see!!!

I LOVED WCC! We had a great time there and loved the food too. We had a birthday while we were there too and my poor friends got to ride that horse around the place- hilarious!

I LOVED WCC! We had a great time there and loved the food too. We had a birthday while we were there too and my poor friends got to ride that horse around the place- hilarious!

Yeah when Nicole and I were there in august this guy who was just engaged had to ride around on the horse singing "You Are My Sunshine" to his fiance.

Hey Nicole! It's Melissa (babieemelly). How've you been?! I'm so glad I found this report. I remember you showing me the video of your parents finding all the clues last year, and it was just as exciting watching it this time around. I actually got all teary - you're giving all of us kids a bad name with such a great surprise! :laughing: BTW - my mom has the same Lucy pajamas that your mom had one, and I forgot how much your Oreo looks like mine :goodvibes:

All your plans look great! We went to Ohana back in '05, before the food switch, but we loved it. My brother's the pickiest eater there is and he really enjoyed it too. It's good food in a very fun atmosphere! Let us know what you decide!

How great that you got all the ADR's that you wanted. :thumbsup2

I was wondering about the same thing as you are. Is it better to have a very early ADR or have one for later in the morning. Charleston Princess has a good point. It would be nice to have a park to yourself for pics and be there first for rides. :goodvibes

We slept through a 8am ADR at Chef Mickeys on the last trip, luckily I was able to get a later one. Very smart to have a back up, just in case. ;) I will take your example and do the same thing.

Here's a really stupid question....does everyone have to get the skillet at WCC?

I have a picky eater (my DS14) who 'could' eat only chicken nuggets & burgers for a week. He is getting better, but still very fussy. He loved O'hana, it's his favorite restaurant so far. It's a family favorite, Yumm! :lovestruc
Give it a try!

Hey Nicole! It's Melissa (babieemelly). How've you been?! I'm so glad I found this report. I remember you showing me the video of your parents finding all the clues last year, and it was just as exciting watching it this time around. I actually got all teary - you're giving all of us kids a bad name with such a great surprise! :laughing: BTW - my mom has the same Lucy pajamas that your mom had one, and I forgot how much your Oreo looks like mine :goodvibes:

All your plans look great! We went to Ohana back in '05, before the food switch, but we loved it. My brother's the pickiest eater there is and he really enjoyed it too. It's good food in a very fun atmosphere! Let us know what you decide!

Hey!! Thanks for watching the video again, it makes me tear up too! Our Oreos are identical lol!! Thats funny about the lucy pajamas--she is always wearing them!!

How great that you got all the ADR's that you wanted. :thumbsup2

I was wondering about the same thing as you are. Is it better to have a very early ADR or have one for later in the morning. Charleston Princess has a good point. It would be nice to have a park to yourself for pics and be there first for rides. :goodvibes

We slept through a 8am ADR at Chef Mickeys on the last trip, luckily I was able to get a later one. Very smart to have a back up, just in case. ;) I will take your example and do the same thing.

Here's a really stupid question....does everyone have to get the skillet at WCC?

I have a picky eater (my DS14) who 'could' eat only chicken nuggets & burgers for a week. He is getting better, but still very fussy. He loved O'hana, it's his favorite restaurant so far. It's a family favorite, Yumm! :lovestruc
Give it a try!

Not everyone has to get the canyon skillet they just bring the appropriate amount of food for the people that order it. We've done the photo ops before the park opens and loved it (mom and I had an 8:05 at CRT and made it to rope drop) but our experience at Crystal Palace has always been rushrushrush to get to rope drop and the characters can take a while to circle the restaurant because its big, so we opted for a more laid back breakfast. Make it to rope drop, secure FP and than head to CP for breakfast. We'll see how it goes because i've never done it before!

I'm planning on posting the day to day details soon, I need to rally for some readers first I think! Let me go shamelessly promote myself :rotfl:

So David and I have come to a decision regarding resort stay. We are going to stick with the split stay regardless of room availability at the WL. We like the idea of meeting up with our parents at AKL and getting the experience of staying at the 2 awesome hotels!! So I'll use this post to show you our itinerary and get your ideas! I also called universal and since royal pacific wasn't available i booked the hard rock! Love this hotel so all is good

May 9th-arrive and check in to the hard rock hotel
May 10th-get up early and take mom/dad to MCO for their scheduled pickup. Spend some time at Universal before leaving to check into the WL :banana: Reservation at boma this night and than Epcot for illuminations our favorite!
May 11th-Wake for epcot future world only. Break in afternoon, than dinner at Kona! We want to try DHS EMH this night (we have never done this and looking forward to it!)
May 12th-We are going to sleep in this day and than head to Blizzard beach on the later side. We always notice how empty the parking lot seems later on in the day so we'd like to give that a try. Never have been to BB only TL, so can't wait for a new park! Since this is a laid back day, we have ADR at WCC and than downtown disney this night
May 13th-Wake up for MK (can you believe we've been at WDW for a few days and havent been there yet?? lol) We have breakfast ADRs at crystal palace for 10:30am so we can maximize the FP at rope drop and than have a relaxed breakfast. Break in the afternoon at the WL and than we can't wait to try AK for its EMH! We have ADR for dinner at Yak & Yeti, can't wait to try this new restaurant!
May 14th-Mommy and daddy come home!! :rotfl: We are sleeping in this day and only doing ecot's world showcase. Lunch is OOP at beaches & cream, a ritual for david and I. We will probably meet mom and dad depending on the time they arrive at AKL. If not we have an ADR this night at chef mickey's can't wait for this. Being there as a family, hearing all about the trip! After this we head to DHS for fantasmic and plan to line up immediately.
May 15th-this is our move to AKL day. We plan to wake up in time for rope drop (we did it last trip its possible) we'll have everything packed for bell services to transfer it to AKL, and than we'll head to DHS for the rope drop. Not sure what mom and dad are doing. At our break we will go get the car at WL and than drive to AKL check in and relax a bit before dinner ADR with mom/dad at le cellier and epcot EMH! Not sure how long we will stay for this one, We just want to be there for illuminations Epcot EMH is usually on the more crowded side.
May 16th-Wake for AK opening. Break back at AKL dinner at Ohana and than MK for spectro/wishes.
May 17th-last day :( I think we want to do MK for the day!

Okay what do you think?? Next post i'll talk about the surprise i'd like to get my parents!!

You plans look great! I always do the late breakfasts, I love getting some rides in first then eating slowly and relaxing!

I think we'll be getting a lot of good pictures from your food and fun!

You've got two very nice resorts and lots of good eating planned.

You're getting your parents another surprise? Man, they are some lucky parents!

Hope Declan can get tips from you guys down the road:rotfl2:

Did I miss something or has LC disappeared from the list?:scared1:

It looks like so much fun!!! I can't wait to read about all your adventures on this trip!!!

Thanks I can't wait to live the adventures! :rotfl:

You plans look great! I always do the late breakfasts, I love getting some rides in first then eating slowly and relaxing!

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the late breakfast we were questioning it

an ADR is complete with chef mickeys in it, looks good

Can't wait for chef mickeys!

I think we'll be getting a lot of good pictures from your food and fun!

You've got two very nice resorts and lots of good eating planned.

You're getting your parents another surprise? Man, they are some lucky parents!

Haha just thinking about it, we'll see how it goes!

Hope Declan can get tips from you guys down the road:rotfl2:

Did I miss something or has LC disappeared from the list?:scared1:

LC is still there how could it not be?? its our second to last night!

Your plans look great. sounds like another great trip in the making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter