Brother in Law's last day at WDW...maybe he'll FINALLY propose to his gf of 7 yrs??

cherbear

DIS Veteran
My husband's brother is at WDW for the first time in his life this week!! He arrived yesterday with his girlfriend and her family (parents, brother & his wife).....This is their family's first time going in about 15 years!!! :scared1:

They spontaneously planned this trip less than a week ago! (I know right?!! I'd be freaking out....no ADR's, not even staying onsite!)

She texted me last week asking me to convince him that WDW is for adults too, citing that he thought it was for 6-10 year olds :confused3 I asked her why and she said they were going this week!

So I had to school her on Fastpasses, photopass, how to AVOID the Extra Magic Hours (since they are not staying onsite), what lines get longest, etc. I didn't have much time to pass on as much info as possible!

They arrived in Orlando last night. I got a text from her yesterday asking "Question where is the big castle"
I said "Is that a serious question? Magic Kingdom"
Then she said "all he keeps talking about is the castle and if I tell him maybe he will be quiet"

Hmm.....3 days ago he was saying Disney was for kids. Now he's all about the castle. Me thinks something is up!!!!

So I found out TODAY is their MK day. I think he's gonna propose!!! I hope he took my Photopass directions to heart and will get it on film!!! ( I didn't want to text him specifically asking about a proposal and 'blow his cover')

Anyone reading this at MK today??? Keep an eye out for a proposal by the castle!!! (which probably happens more often than I think ;) )

I am here!!

Oh my gosh that is so romantic!! I hope he does propose!! I hope there is pictures!!

Here girl

Hope he does

will be looking for an update :lovestruc

arghhh!! I am sorry I didn't come back to update!

Last night they were posting pics from DHS, but I thought they didn't get hoppers! I found out they decided to do hoppers...and also that her parents are only doing 2 days at Disney so they are spending 2 by themselves. They mentioned going back to Magic Kingdom with her parents, and taking them on certain rides, and they didn't see Wishes last night since they were at DHS, so they are hoping to catch that when they go with her mom and dad.

So let's hope we hear something by Thursday night, since that is their last day!

If my BIL passes up this great opportunity, I'm gonna kick his butt!!

Maybe he wants to wait until they are alone.

Maybe he wants to wait until they are alone.

I was thinking the opposite....they were alone yesterday. Her parents were off "hanging out" somewhere because her dad has a bad foot so they only want to do 2 days, but the last 2 days and not the 1st two. Sorry that I wasn't clear on that.

yesterday after they did Mickey's Philharmagic, she texted me and said it was amazing and they can't wait to take her mom and dad to see it!

I was thinking the opposite....they were alone yesterday. Her parents were off "hanging out" somewhere because her dad has a bad foot so they only want to do 2 days, but the last 2 days and not the 1st two. Sorry that I wasn't clear on that.

yesterday after they did Mickey's Philharmagic, she texted me and said it was amazing and they can't wait to take her mom and dad to see it!

Oh okay. I thought it was the other way. I bet you are right then.

seriously, these people are out of their minds. Her parents decided to not go to the parks today. So I think they must just be hanging out at their hotel in Orlando. :eek: Have you ever heard anything like it in your life??????

My BIL and his girlfriend are at Animal Kingdom today, and they will either go to MK or back to Hollywood Studios tonight.

So get this....they thought Epcot was boring yesterday!!!! They "woke up too late" to do Soarin'. Apparently they didn't want to wait in the long lines I had warned them about (when I said, head to Epcot and get a fast pass for Soarin first thing in the morning)

They did Test Track but apparently didn't like anything else. I don't know if they even realized the World Showcase was there. I told them to go to Innoventions and try the Sum of All Thrills too, since I knew it wouldn't be obvious to them what was in those buildings.

I don't know what they did all morning beside Test Track.

Don't you wish you could hold everyone's hand and show them how to have a really good time at WDW??? I know I do!!!

No!! Epcot is the ultimate in exploring!
I kind of want to take your BIL and girlfriend by the shoulders and shake them. :sad2:

No!! Epcot is the ultimate in exploring!
I kind of want to take your BIL and girlfriend by the shoulders and shake them. :sad2:

ME TOO!!!!! It's driving me crazy, honestly! I think I can say that Epcot is my husband and my favorite park. We always end up there the most during our Disney trips. It has inspired me to write a poem....

Epcot, how do I love thee? let me count the ways!

Your music and sounds are such a delight
Your Illuminations is the best part of night!

Test Track of course, for some thrills!
And Soarin' is amazing, it gives me the chills!

Le Cellier, your steak is so delish
(Or try Coral Reef, if you prefer fish)

Innoventions is one of a kind
You just never know what you may find

On Maelstrom you may run into a Viking
While Mexico has a quieter ride that may be to your liking

Thirsty? No problem, free drinks at Club Cool
This is why I love Epcot; I ain't no fool!!

So today is their last day. They are doing MK and DHS again. Let's hope for a proposal today!!!!

Awww. :hug: He better do it already!!! :bride: What is he waiting for?!?!

I don't know! He's had the ring for a long while now. This was such a missed opportunity! Unless he did it and they don't want anyone to know yet but I highly doubt that!

ME TOO!!!!! It's driving me crazy, honestly! I think I can say that Epcot is my husband and my favorite park. We always end up there the most during our Disney trips. It has inspired me to write a poem....

Epcot, how do I love thee? let me count the ways!

Your music and sounds are such a delight
Your Illuminations is the best part of night!

Test Track of course, for some thrills!
And Soarin' is amazing, it gives me the chills!

Le Cellier, your steak is so delish
(Or try Coral Reef, if you prefer fish)

Innoventions is one of a kind
You just never know what you may find

On Maelstrom you may run into a Viking
While Mexico has a quieter ride that may be to your liking

Thirsty? No problem, free drinks at Club Cool
This is why I love Epcot; I ain't no fool!!

Love it!!! Yes I don't know why some people just don't "get" all things disney!!! :confused3 It's fun doing nothing there!! It's fun doing everything there!!! Ahh well!! I can't believe he wasted this opportunity but then again if they don't get the whole disney thing it might not mean as much to them as it would to all us Dis freaks!!! ;) :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter