Brita filtered bottles?

Susie Dismom

Mouseketeer
I've seen these mentioned several times but don't know what they are. I haven't been able to find anything that looks portable. I've seen the 2 gallon and another fridge pitcher model. Thanks in advance.

Try Walmart or Kohls, als Walgrens carries a similar product, with replaceable filters. Just be careful to use the bottles ONLY for water...DD forgot and poured a coke into hers so it wouldn't spill...she had a sore throat for days!!!! I think the charcoal filter burned her throat.

I just have to say the Brita filter bottles were a fantastic tip! We just got back two weeks ago from our 1st trip to WDW and, of ocurse, we got hit with a heatwave. My DH, DS and myself were filling up our Brita bottles all the time and I think it really prevented heat-related problems. We also hadn't been prepared for the off taste of tap water there and would have been stuck buying bottled water all the time.
Karla B.

Strange??
The Brita® Fill & Go™ Water Filtration Bottle is not intended to purify water.

Does having the filter on these bottles make them heavier? thanks,,,corvair

Does Florida water taste that bad??? I am from PA and always drink my tap water.

Yes the FL water does taste that bad. The filter does not make them very heavy. It does the trick with the sulfur taste. The wide mouth opening at the top is great for adding ice which you can get for free anywhere and the strap hollers you purchse at DW work great if you place it around the indentation lower down on the bottle. I found it saved some $$$ and I had cold water all day.

It all depends on the water you are used to. We live in Ohio and have always drank the water at Disney (from the time I was a kid). I guess we must have bad tap water here as well (it has been rated good though). We took bottles one year but they were so heavy, we ended up going to the water fountain filling them there and carrying the empty bottle in the backpack after each use.

The Brita Water bottles are the way to go! Light weight, refillable and you don't have to worry about the funny tasting water at Dis.. I got mine at Letcher's (I think that's how it's spelled.). Very reasonable --- especially when taking into account it's something like $2 for a bottle of water. It adds up on a long hot day!

Annemarie

I have to agree that it truely all depends on the water you are used to. I grew up in NE where the water doesnt have any taste. WHen I moced to NJ I was in for a shock UGH! I am now in PA and Corvair.... if you can drink the tap water in PA then these bottltes would be great for you. I use the britta filters at home and LOVE them. As for in Florida,... they made the water more tollerable but I wouldnt use them again only because there is still a taste. Next time I will just stock up on bottles of water at the market before we reach the resort. Call me picky or spoiled I know *S*

I just bought a Brita water bottle and Wal Mart for $7.00. We found a Rubbermaid Sport bottle with an insulated wrap and carrying strap. The Brita bottle fits perfectly in it. We will use it on our next Disney trip.
Sandy

I have found them at Walmart and Target both in the same area as the rest of the Britta pitchers. Also Sams sometimes carrys them. We have used ours the past 3 trips to WDW and on 2 cruises,LOVE them! I can't stand the taste of FL water and these bottles saved us so much on the cost of bottle water. They are not too heavy and the bottle straps sold in the parks really work good also. I also think that Britta has a web site where you can buy them

I haven't tried the Brita Fill 'n Go bottles I have been thinking about it for I guess about a month now and now have only 2 days to decide. These are some of the things that keep going through my head about the water thing ( maybe these things will help someone else make a decision about what to do about it)

Buy bottled water at at least 2.00 a pop or buy the brita for about 7.00?
Well this would surely save a ton of money to just use the brita
Now on the other hand I don't know what the water in Orlando taste like but the water down here in South Fla where I live is terrible! My water has a yellow cast and taste like chlorine!
Now the brita fill'n go bottles say they filter out 97% of the chlorine but that is all it filters. What about all the other stuff in water? I only drink bottled water at home so I don't know if tap water minus 97% of the chlorine will bother my system. Then not to get anyone to hyped up there was that threat agaisnt the water supply in orlando. Now realistically if something did get in the water system not drinking tap water wouldn't save me from it cause there is always the ice and food that has been rinsed in it
What to do what to do? I still don't know! :D

Perdita101,
You should check out this page then,it has just what you need!!
http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/health.htm

There is a britta type bottle and a Survival Straw, both Purify water. Purification Resin destroys bacteria and viruses, such as Cholera, E. coli, and Polio. Removes 99.99% of pathogenic cysts, such as Cryptosporidium Giardia

These should help to ease your mind!!

Please help me out just a lilttle more. I have looked in WalMart several times and can not locate the Brita bottles. what section in the store did you locate it in? Also tell me a little more please about the rubbermaid item you talk about. Can you give me like a description or better yet an item number or UPC number and then where did you locate it at in the store??? Others might like the information too, but I sure know I would, thanks

Our Walmart had ALL the Britta and Pur products in the Camping area!??

doggy:
The Rubbermaid sport bottle number is 71691 15506. It is a one quart bottle that comes with an ice pack and insulated adjustable strap. I found it in the area where the coolers are in Wal Mart.
The Brita sport bottle was found by the other Brita items. Our Wal Mart is always a mess, and you never know where you will find anything. I guess Brita was located around the household supplies. . You might find Brita by the hardware area.

I got a Britta bottle on sale at Target, I wasn't really looking for one, but they were on the end of a clearance isle, reduced to $4.00! I like mine, but found they are kinda heavy though when full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter