Bristol Palin announces pregnancy

Hrhpd

DIS Veteran
a month after canceling her wedding.

Congratulations? How sad that she thinks her choice of having a baby is a huge disappointment to her family and that she is having a hard time holding her chin up when announcing the news. You would think her family would support her a little better.

http://www.people.com/article/brist...ancellation?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

This is not intended to be a political thread about her mother. Just a young mom that does not seem to have a whole lot of family support.

I personally find it quite amusing that she "wants no lectures" on her pregnancy, but her entire blog is devoted to lecturing others on how to live their lives. Maybe other people don't appreciate HER lectures, either. Perhaps she should reconsider her stance on lecturing the rest of the world on how to live a moral and chaste life.

I personally find it quite amusing that she "wants no lectures" on her pregnancy, but her entire blog is devoted to lecturing others on how to live their lives. Maybe other people don't appreciate HER lectures, either. Perhaps she should reconsider her stance on lecturing the rest of the world on how to live a moral and chaste life.
I agree it is quite funny.

My original rather snarky thread titles were reflective of your thoughts. But I thought I better not title a thread that way as it might delve into the political far too quickly. :teeth:

I didn't see a lack of support mentioned anywhere in that article. She appears to be unhappy with the fact that she didn't meet her own goals. She is probably embarrassed. She feels like she is disappointing people. That doesn't mean she is and even if she is, it doesn't mean the baby won't be loved.

Unfortunately, many babies start out unplanned. That doesn't mean they aren't celebrated and loved. It's okay to admit disappointment, fear, etc. when facing an unplanned pregnancy. That doesn't make the baby less of a miracle.

I didn't see a lack of support mentioned anywhere in that article. She appears to be unhappy with the fact that she didn't meet her own goals. She is probably embarrassed. She feels like she is disappointing people. That doesn't mean she is and even if she is, it doesn't mean the baby won't be loved.

Unfortunately, many babies start out unplanned. That doesn't mean they aren't celebrated and loved. It's okay to admit disappointment, fear, etc. when facing an unplanned pregnancy. That doesn't make the baby less of a miracle.
I would seem that her saying that she "knows" it is a huge disappointment to her family and that she doesn't want lectures implies that her family is disappointed and is lecturing her.

At least the Palins have their "naughty girl." Come on Jinger, it is your turn.

On this site it states that they are still having the party at the ex groom's house anyway.

Meanwhile, Sarah Palin announced on Facebook the couple's families still planned to gather with invited guests at the former groom's Kentucky farm (also the canceled wedding location) "to celebrate life, in general!" for a barbecue over the long weekend.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...-breaks-silence-on-canceled-wedding/27986287/

I would seem that her saying that she "knows" it is a huge disappointment to her family and that she doesn't want lectures implies that her family is disappointed and is lecturing her.

At least the Palins have their "naughty girl." Come on Jinger, it is your turn.

Careful now you are treading exactly where you said you didn't want to ( things not to discuss ) might have a closed thread on your hands

On this site it states that they are still having the party at the ex groom's house anyway.

Meanwhile, Sarah Palin announced on Facebook the couple's families still planned to gather with invited guests at the former groom's Kentucky farm (also the canceled wedding location) "to celebrate life, in general!" for a barbecue over the long weekend.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...-breaks-silence-on-canceled-wedding/27986287/
Ok, one more.

What a slap to Bristol that her family still had her reception at the groom's farm with friends and and family. No need for the ex-bride.

Maybe she wants to give the Duggars a run for their money. I'm guessing the cancelled wedding,the pregnancy announcement and the Palins partying with the ex-groom may indicate that perhaps this little miracle doesn't belong to the ex-groom:rolleyes1

I know people that put themselves in the public eye are pestered to make statements about their personal lives, it comes with the territory. However, I wish for her future child's sake, she did not make such a negative statement. Now it's out there for all to see. You think the baby won't grow up and discover how disappointed his mother is in his existence. How sad.

I really dont know much about Bristol P, but in fairness to her Mom Sara (no matter how you feel about her politics), she has always stuck up for her family, and even kept an unborn child with Downs that many were advising to terminate. So to act like Sara P would not be happy about a new child coming into her family really isnt true, no matter what the circumstance this child is to be born in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter