Bring back ToN Parade at Epcot petition?

jasper

Mouseketeer
I still can't believe they haven't brought back the Tapestry of Nations parade. What would it take to "convince" the decision makers how sorely we miss it? Honestly, if I were on the fence one year about planning another WDW vacation, and they brought back ToN, that would easily tip the balance for me.

The parade so fits the theme of World Showcase . . . sign the petition here!!!

I still can't believe they haven't brought back the Tapestry of Nations parade. What would it take to "convince" the decision makers how sorely we miss it? Honestly, if I were on the fence one year about planning another WDW vacation, and they brought back ToN, that would easily tip the balance for me.

The parade so fits the theme of World Showcase . . . sign the petition here!!!

I have seen videos and it looked lovely but its just not going to happen.

I was backstage at Epcot talking with a suit and the reason why it will never be back is because it was a crowd control nightmare.

The same reason why the double decker bus was removed. It got in the way.

Maybe if they added some sort of alternate walkway across or through the lagoon. :confused3

. . . What would it take to "convince" the decision makers . . .

1) Do not ever look for it to return.
2) To many problems.
3) Here is what it would take
. . . no wind - couldn't control the "sails"
. . . no rain - moisture made cloth/paper sag
. . . fewer crowds - sidewalks were not wide enough for the parade
. . . money - too many people and high labor costs

Noooo....... I hated that parade. Too many people, annoying and redundant music.

Some of the props seem to be in the parade at AK. Probably why I hate that one too!

Loved the parade but would never want to see it come back. It was a nightmare trying to get around WS. They tried to make walking areas but it just never worked well. Getting to an ADR beyond Mexico or Canada was one of the most unpleasant things to do when the parade was on.

Rusty's summed up most of the other problems. Those large puppets apparently needed lots of repairs and that was expensive.

No, never bring it back. Please, never.

While it was a nice idea, the execution was poorly designed..It was a NIGHTMARE for anyone trying to get around WS to get anywhere.I don't want it back.

I truly enjoyed ToN parade. BUT..it was a logistical nightmare. It clogged up the walkways...there was absolutely no way to get around once the parade started. And it was really hard for CMs to control the darn things..if it got windy the CMs took chances with their safety.
I loved the music, but it did get repetitious after about 10 mins of it. If there were some way to do a condensed version, with less impact on the park crowds, then sure, go for it. But, since I doubt that can happen, it won't be brought back.
Now...can we talk about the Lights of Winter??? Now, those need to be brought back!!!

I truly enjoyed ToN parade. BUT..it was a logistical nightmare. It clogged up the walkways...there was absolutely no way to get around once the parade started. And it was really hard for CMs to control the darn things..if it got windy the CMs took chances with their safety.
I loved the music, but it did get repetitious after about 10 mins of it. If there were some way to do a condensed version, with less impact on the park crowds, then sure, go for it. But, since I doubt that can happen, it won't be brought back.
Now...can we talk about the Lights of Winter??? Now, those need to be brought back!!!

:thumbsup2 Couldn't agree more!
I'd also like to see the charecter bus return but the logistics behind it made the execution almost as bad as Tapestry of Nations.

We LOVED Tapestry of Nations!

And, I didn't know the character bus was gone. That was always fun to see as well. Oh well....I'm sure there is something new around the corner that will make us happy. :goodvibes

I loved the parade and am very glad that I had the opportunity to see it because it's never coming back. There were just too many safety issues and it was logistically very difficult. It would be cool if EPCOT could do a parade, but the way the park is laid out I'm not sure how it could work.

Epcot had a parade?!? I hope they bring it back, I would love to see it.

princesspiglet... you can put my name on that petition! :thumbsup2
Plus I was hit in the head by one of those puppets from the TON parade.

I loved the parade but agree it was a crowd control nightmare. One time we were late for our Candlelight Processional reservation because we got stuck behind the parade entry by Morocco.

Add me to the Beavertail petition!

I really enjoyed ToN but agree with everyone else. It was a complete and utter nightmare trying to get around in WS and there is no way they will bring something like that back that will prevent people from spending $$$ in the countries.

We also almost got hit several times by the puppets. There were lots of safety issues as well.

Do the Tapestry of Nations parade over water as a sequence of boats or rafts. Mount the puppets on frames attached to the decks so the CM's don't have to carry them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter