Bring a big stroller, umbrella stroller, or to rent

jenosaurus

Earning My Ears
hey y'all! I have a question for those that have traveled with littles. We're heading down next week for a quick trip(4 nights), and we're trying to figure out what would be best as far as a stroller for my 16 month old.
I have his big stroller that came with this travel system, a Chico bravo stroller that folds easily, and we were thinking of traveling with that, or purchasing an umbrella stroller that is easier to travel with, or just renting a stroller from Orlando strollers while we're there.
If anyone has advice, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm pretty on the fence about what to do and would be best.

Thanks in advance!

For a 16 month I'd personally bring the big stroller. It's so handy to have in the airport. Plus the big stroller is familiar to him, more comfortable, and can store more than an umbrella. Umbrella strollers can be a little unwieldy to push especially if you are tall (most are not made for tall people!) That said, we have used umbrella strollers for our older kids who don't need to bring in as much (diapers, special food, etc).

I second bringing the big one. If only to have something comfy to nap in.

If you're tall umbrella strollers can get old fast. Plus they're not as good for naps. I would say umbrella stroller for 2.5 yo+

Strollers are a lifesaver at the airport!! We brought our own so that our kiddo was wrapped in the familiarity of his stroller. It seemed to help him cope when all the new sights, sounds and smells became overwhelming. Also - I prefer to take a larger stroller to the park to hold kiddo supplies. Umbrella strollers often tip over when you hang a baby bag.

I took my 2 year old and we used an umbrella stroller. It was nice to be able to easily fit it anywhere when I had to park it and I was able to easily fold it and stick it under the seat on the buses. If you have extra people and someone can maneuver the bigger stroller go for it. I was alone so I couldn't have imagined having a larger stroller.

I brought an umbrella stroller ONCE out of like 18 trips. NEVER AGAIN. Not comfy for naps, no room for storage, and the slight help for buses is not worth the poor push-a-bility of an umbrella.

After our child turned 12 months of age, we were fortunate using a large umbrella stroller (Summers Infant 3D lite we picked up on sale for $40 vs its normal $80) as compared to our original much larger stroller. It wasn't quite as comfy and padded, but our child had no issues sleeping in it and it had enough storage for our needs. We also used a shawl to block out the the sun better during the day and to use as a blanket during the evenings. However, I would not recommend getting a cheap $10-$20 umbrella stroller as they are smaller and much less comfortable.

The Chico Bravo looks like it folds down to a manageable size, so if you don't mind its higher weight, it might be the easiest choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter