• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast Options

ckwats

Earning My Ears
Looking for breakfast recommendations at one of the resorts on the day we leave? Must be kid friendly. Thanks!

Hmmm, can you give more details? Do you want characters? A buffet? Where are you staying? All WDW resorts breakfasts are kid friendly, but if that means with characters, the list would change a little.

Hmmm, can you give more details? Do you want characters? A buffet? Where are you staying? All WDW resorts breakfasts are kid friendly, but if that means with characters, the list would change a little.

Probably not Character or buffet. We are staying at the Dolphin. Thanks for any suggestions.

Not character, but it IS buffet-bona breakfast at AKL, definitely my favorite breakfast anywhere.

what about captains grille in yacht club? its normally a la carte and buffet for breakfast but they moved the location within the yacht club for referb so it is only a la carte, there is no buffet and no charachters.

Captain's Grill at YC is not currently serving breakfast buffet until they are finished with the renovation so depending on when OP is going, it might not be available.

Yes, if you are at the Dolphin, I would normally highly recommend Captain's Grille at the YC, but as mousegear mentioned above, it depends on your timing because they are currently relocated for renovations, which is likely less than ideal. They offer both a la carte and buffet, and are reasonably priced, so if they will be reopened when you're there, it would be a great, convenient option.

Captain's Grill at YC is not currently serving breakfast buffet until they are finished with the renovation so depending on when OP is going, it might not be available.
Thats what I said, Cg was not serving the buffet. They are however still serving breakfast. OP stated he did not want a buffet or character breakfast. Their hotel is close by, thought it was a valid suggestion. I have CG breakfast booked in June so I did my homework.

My kids loved Kona Cafe at the Poly, especially the Tonga Toast. Not sure if you want to go that far from your resort.

Probably not Character or buffet. We are staying at the Dolphin. Thanks for any suggestions.
Dolphin is home of Fresh, our favorite non-Character buffet at Disney. You can also order a la carte if you opt-out of the buffet.

Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is close to Dolphin - also has Characters. Recent review:
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/tr...racter-breakfast-review-at-disneys-boardwalk/

I am rarely inclined to recommend traveling for a meal within Disney....especially for just breakfast.

OP, any breakfast place in Disney is kid friendly. Its Disney world after all.

And you want a kid friendly breakfast but not a buffet or characters? The only ones I can think of which is a la carte are Kona (awesome btw), GF Cafe, Olivia's, and WGPE at disney springs. But if you want just a regular a la carte breakfast with no characters or buffet, I'd just eat at your resort to be honest.

I know you said probably not character but we loved Ohana. We did this our last day. We took the bus from our resort to Magic Kingdom and hopped on the monorail for fun. We loved the family style food. We would do this one again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter