• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast on the go options.. no microwave!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
So,

We plan on packing our breakfast to go in the mornings to munch on while we wait for rope drop. We are also trying to save a little $$ by not purchasing breakfast everyday. We plan to get some groceries. (With current grocery prices this may actually not help lol).

The problem is we are staying at the Anaheim hotel and it doesn't have a microwave. (Which seriously..)

Anyway- anyone got any good, filling options without a microwave? I'm having a brain fart.

Truth be told we will probably end up mobile ordering McDonald's on harbor and one of us going to get it while the other gets in line.. but for arguments sake, let's say I stick to my plan of packing breakfast.

Last edited:
Bagels with cream cheese. Not as great to eat un-toasted bagels. But we leave the bagels out at room temperature and keep the cream cheese in the fridge. Filling, easy to eat while walking and easily transportable in ziplock bags. We bring plastic knives for spreading the cream cheese and ziplocks for putting them in each morning.

Will you have a fridge?
You could do overnight oats.
My regular breakfast is peanut butter on graham crackers.

Nature Valley protein bars are pretty filling without having too many carbs in them (I ate them daily when I had gestational diabetes)
Single serve applesauce
Fruit

Even if you just keep "sides" in your room, but buy your entrees, it should save some money. A sausage egg and cheese at the McDonald's there is about $4.50 (I'm looking at DoorDash prices, so perhaps it's cheaper direct...no idea) but the meal is $9.
Also, check what's available at your hotel. It looks like they offer a bagel and cream cheese for $3.95. Maybe not quite as cheap as you'd like. You could also ask what they would charge for just eggs....or egg sandwich without the sides.

The little convenience stores attached to some of the Harbor hotels usually have options. We often stay at Desert Inn, and next door, Park Vue has a little shop that carries cereal cups and pints of milk, yogurt, granola bars, etc. They'll even give you a plastic spooon! 🙂

I don't know what your travel/shoppiing plans are but hard boiled eggs are easy to eat and a great source of protein. Yogurt works well too. Bagels with cream cheese and butter are a good idea. I would reccomend something with protein, because crashing early in the afternoon is not fun. (Unless you are planning an early lunch).

Dry cereal in snack bags. My daily breakfast is this and a piece of string cheese eaten in car on the way to work. High fiber cereal is extra filling.
(We pack little bowls and spoons and actually eat in room. Whoever is not in the shower is eating while waiting)

My sister and I always had Uncrustables, Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso and Bananas on our first WDW trip for a to-go breakfast as we walked to the buses. It started as a ha-ha as that is what we got at the food court, and now whenever we travel together we have to have this combo… including at DL. ;)

If you have a fridge you can totally do that and/or order snack packs, cheese/crackers, overnight oats, etc.

P.S. There also is a Panera on Harbour, and the Brea Bakery Cafe in DTD (close to the Esplanade) for quick to-go options. If grocery prices are really prohibitive nothing beats a churro breakfast. ;)

On the grocery note, there is lots of fresh fruit available in park but it is pricey for waht you get - so buying that with your groceries could be a real $ saver. I usually pack some peanut butter packets and can totally make that and a banana or apple work in a pinch. My kids were quite happy with Instant Breakfasts and Nutrigrain Bars untI’ll the first snack attack for popcorn, mickey pretzels or mickey bars hit. ;)

The little convenience stores attached to some of the Harbor hotels usually have options. We often stay at Desert Inn, and next door, Park Vue has a little shop that carries cereal cups and pints of milk, yogurt, granola bars, etc. They'll even give you a plastic spooon! 🙂
good to know! We are staying at Desert Inn in July, and my parents just stayed there and told me they do grab and go breakfast- not a hot breakfast like we are used to when we stay at other places.

My sister and I always had Uncrustables, Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso and Bananas on our first WDW trip for a to-go breakfast as we walked to the buses. It started as a ha-ha as that is what we got at the food court, and now whenever we travel together we have to have this combo… including at DL. ;)

If you have a fridge you can totally do that and/or order snack packs, cheese/crackers, overnight oats, etc.
That actually sounds like a really good breakfast 😂

I forgot to mention in my post that coffee in some form is always a must. I think I'm going to put some of those Starbucks espresso cans in my trip snack bag. Sometimes cold coffee sounds way more palatable (especially if you go during the summer).

On our WDW trip a few years ago, I made a PB&J sandwich for DD in the mornings for a quick in-room breakfast. Its mostly healthy and I knew she’d eat it without complaint. Hand to Mickey it’s still her favorite memory of the trip! Something about eating lunch for breakfast really blew her six year old mind I guess. Peanut butter is a good source of protein, which will keep you satisfied longer, even if PB&J isn’t your thing try to work it in if you can. Yogurt, cheese, and oatmeal are also good for protein.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter