Breakfast on departure day to make Magical Express?

1m1b

Mouseketeer
If our flight departs from MCO 1:35 pm, and we're spending the night before at Pop (yes, some things changed), then what time will they pick us up? Three hours would mean 10:35, yes? So then do we have time to do breakfast somewhere fun before we go? I have a 9am ressie for Boma. Is that too tight? I can get 8:30 at Ohana. I might be able to get earlier at Boma. Could look elsewhere (Cape May, whatever).

It will just be ds8 and me that last day, so I want to keep it kind of fun. There was a 7:40 Chef Mickey's, but it disappeared while I blinked, oops. *I* think Boma looks great, but I don't know what ds will think of it, lol. We'll have eaten regular breakfast buffet food at Shades for a week, so I really don't think it needs to be more of the same. I don't want to do the food court at Pop, definitely want something more fun for our last meal. I just don't know the transportation times and how long things really take.

Any advice? :)

If our flight departs from MCO 1:35 pm, and we're spending the night before at Pop (yes, some things changed), then what time will they pick us up? Three hours would mean 10:35, yes? So then do we have time to do breakfast somewhere fun before we go? I have a 9am ressie for Boma. Is that too tight? I can get 8:30 at Ohana. I might be able to get earlier at Boma. Could look elsewhere (Cape May, whatever).

It will just be ds8 and me that last day, so I want to keep it kind of fun. There was a 7:40 Chef Mickey's, but it disappeared while I blinked, oops. *I* think Boma looks great, but I don't know what ds will think of it, lol. We'll have eaten regular breakfast buffet food at Shades for a week, so I really don't think it needs to be more of the same. I don't want to do the food court at Pop, definitely want something more fun for our last meal. I just don't know the transportation times and how long things really take.

I wouldn't book an ADR after 8:00-8:15, and I definitely think the 9:00 Boma is cutting it too close. Your DME bus will be scheduled for 10:35, but they recommend that you're at the bus stop 15 minutes before that, so you'll need to be there by 10:20.

That's what I was getting, working it backwards myself, so it sounds like I'm on track! :)

Even with an earlier ADR, I would recommend doing all of the following:
  • Doing RAC before breakfast, assuming eligible airline
  • Checking bags with RAC before breakfast, assuming eligible airline
  • Take Uber to breakfast
  • Take Uber from breakfast
Even with an earlier breakfast, being ready for ME pickup at 10:20 will be aggressive for many times, and likely near-impossible if you rely on Disney transport or don't take care of bizniz before eating.

I always get nervous going somewhere the morning of our departure, but it's doable and sounds like it means a lot to you! My advice would be to take an Uber to and from your destination~ super easy, fast and cheap, too! It would save you a ton of time, because I wouldn't rely on resort transportation, it will eat up too much of your time.
Just some thoughts about ideas:
I know you said you'd be interested in Boma...Honestly, after eating the Shades of Green breakfast buffet all week, I would try for something different other than a buffet. The SoG buffet is great, but you will be ready for a change ;)
Places I would definitely look at:
'Ohana (great character meal!)
Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom (totally fun!) (no park ticket required)
Cape May Cafe Character Meal
Kona
I know you said you don't want to eat at Pop's foodcourt, but don't forget about Art of Animation. Even though you'd be eating at the food court, walking from Pop to AoA, your son would see all the fun Nemo themed pool stuff and if you had time, you could walk through the Cars section. It's an easy walk from Pop across the bridge (sister resorts).

Also, as great as character breakfasts are, they can be slow while waiting for the characters to make their rounds.
If it were me planning, I would choose Rainforest Cafe at AK or Art of Animation foood court to walk to the resort.

If you don't see a reservation you want, just keep stalking! Often, many times, reservations pop up, especially closer to your date, as people cancel and change plans.

Best of luck choosing! Enjoy!

I agree with PP. I would eat at AoA. Your time frames are WAY too short. Disney recommends 90 minutes for resort to resort transfers if using Disney transportation. On your other thread about changing resorts, you worried about costs - so Uber/taxi is an additional expense. So for round trip transportation you are looking at 1.5-2 hours Just for transportation. Then you need to be seated, served and eat.
I wouldn't do it given your restrictions.
Good Luck

I did get that 7:40 at Chef Mickeys that eluded me, but that's REALLY early I think. And I agree, this is only sane if we Uber both ways. Like I've never been there, but by my estimate we wouldn't want to be much later than that, even with uber.

I'm fine with the money, doesn't bug me.

I also like your suggestions of AoA and Rainforest. They seem very practical! Call me crazy, but I'd need to Uber to Rainforest, yes? So then it's just sorta where you want to be (Boma, Rainforest, Chef Mickeys, whatever). Seems to one one possible advantage of a buffet is the food is ready. I'm reading some reviews on Trip Advisor where things went amiss, they only had one chef in the kitchen at Rainforest. That would be bad. And I like your logic about the charm of walking over to AoA. And I agree, we might kinda have buffet fatigue after so many days at Shades, lol.

Thanks for the good advice! :)

If you Uber to Boma around 8am, and Uber back, you should have nearly 2 hours to eat. The food at Boma is wonderful and plentiful. I bet that even if you say that you have to leave to catch ME, they'll give you a bag of donuts to go. This happened to us!

I am confident in saying if you keep the 9:00 ADR, you will be late for the ME bus. Either get a way earlier breakfast (8 AM or if anything opens at 7:30) or just eat at your resort that morning. I understand wanting to squeeze in a little more magic before you leave - we always eat Cape May breakfast on our last morning, but, we stay at the Beach Club, so it's extremely convenient. If it weren't convenient, I would probably be too worried to enjoy it and we would stay at our resort for breakfast.

I love the idea of you going to AOA to eat... I stayed there when it first
opened and we were in awe of the whole experience....the resort is awesome
one that we will never forget...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter