Bread pudding recipe from Trails end?

SamRoc

DIS Veteran
Love the bread pudding there, trying to find a recipe for it. Can't find one in the search, but there are some from Boma that aren't quite the same. I just remember it had pecans and caramel sauce. Thanks!

I'm not sure if the Trail's End Bread Pudding is there, but AllEars.net has a lot of Disney recipes available.

Click on this link to have a look! http://allears.net/din/rec.htm

The 'Ohana Bread Pudding is there - and I can tell you that it is AWESOME!

Samroc,

I moseyed over to Trails End this morning from my campsite in 100 loop and asked the manager about the recipe. He brought me the Chef's cookbook (they are made from scratch) and I took pix of the pudding and sauce recipes. They are industrial recipes so they make quite a bit but I'm going to try to cut the recipe down and make these when I get home. (note the typo in the sauce recipe title :goodvibes )

Let me know how they turn out. The book had a BUNCH of recipes and I wanted to take photos of many others but didn't push my luck.

Bama Ed

PS - the "no more chocolate" note on the bread pudding is probably due to allergy concerns

Hmmmm.... Looking at the recipe, It sounds like it should taste very different every time. Particularly with 18 pounds of "Assorted Pastries". So today's assortment is high on cheese danishes while tomorrows might be high on Jelly doughnuts... Interesting, to say the least.

Samroc,

I moseyed over to Trails End this morning from my campsite in 100 loop and asked the manager about the recipe. He brought me the Chef's cookbook (they are made from scratch) and I took pix of the pudding and sauce recipes. They are industrial recipes so they make quite a bit but I'm going to try to cut the recipe down and make these when I get home. (note the typo in the sauce recipe title :goodvibes )

Let me know how they turn out. The book had a BUNCH of recipes and I wanted to take photos of many others but didn't push my luck.

Bama Ed

PS - the "no more chocolate" note on the bread pudding is probably due to allergy concerns

Thank you so so much!!! i really appreciate it!!

Was going to make these today since is a snowy day and i have no idea what to substitute the 18 pounds of assorted pastries with!!! only kidding, i really just don't know what kind of bread to use. any ideas?

Samroc,

Bama Ed

Samroc,

I have been looking at this too via other breadpudding recipes.

Besides scaling it down, I've seen people call for uneaten french toast, waffles, sweet rolls, etc. Recipes from scratch seem to favor Texas Toast (thick slided bread left out for a day to dry out) and cut/sliced into cubes/blocks.

My question on the Praline Sauce recipe for the Karo syrup is it the light syrup or the dark syrup? I use dark in my pecan pies but since the sauce recipe has a good bit of brown sugar in it, I wonder if the light syrup was the way to go.

Bama Ed

Samroc,

I have been looking at this too via other breadpudding recipes.

Besides scaling it down, I've seen people call for uneaten french toast, waffles, sweet rolls, etc. Recipes from scratch seem to favor Texas Toast (thick slided bread left out for a day to dry out) and cut/sliced into cubes/blocks.

My question on the Praline Sauce recipe for the Karo syrup is it the light syrup or the dark syrup? I use dark in my pecan pies but since the sauce recipe has a good bit of brown sugar in it, I wonder if the light syrup was the way to go.

Bama Ed

I am also thinking the light syrup would be the best one. Unfortunately in my house there aren't many uneaten french toast, waffles or sweet rolls!

Okay, so nice on getting the recipe and who would have thought, pasteries. Cool. That all said, look at the allergy info on the top of the sauce recipe. Marked X means not in recipe from what I can tell. So no tree nuts in the pecan sauce huh? Hope nobody follows that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter