Bravo Kevin

Mickeyflower

I find that The Dis is my happy place frequently
I thought about just emailing Kevin, but, I think I'd rather post it, so all can see :goodvibes

I have been a Podcast listener for only about 2 years. I started listening about half way through your eye troubles (some type of surgery I think), then you lost Bob, shorty after that you lost your father, then your mother. I'm not clear on the time lines, but that's not important. What I really want you, and everyone, to know is how amazing you are. You have handled everything tossed your way so well, as far as I can tell.

People do have a choice to crumble under stress, and often times, do. You have dealt with the tornado of happenings to you with such strength, honor and dignity, and I just wanted to tell you how much I admire you for that.

You give me inspiration to stand tall when life tries (and sometimes succeeds) to knock me down. I may fall, but I get right back up. Hearing how you've handled everything makes me think twice about how to handle each situation that comes my way.

Thank you Kevin!

:cheer2::cheer2::hug:

I thought about just emailing Kevin, but, I think I'd rather post it, so all can see :goodvibes

I have been a Podcast listener for only about 2 years. I started listening about half way through your eye troubles (some type of surgery I think), then you lost Bob, shorty after that you lost your father, then your mother. I'm not clear on the time lines, but that's not important. What I really want you, and everyone, to know is how amazing you are. You have handled everything tossed your way so well, as far as I can tell.

People do have a choice to crumble under stress, and often times, do. You have dealt with the tornado of happenings to you with such strength, honor and dignity, and I just wanted to tell you how much I admire you for that.

You give me inspiration to stand tall when life tries (and sometimes succeeds) to knock me down. I may fall, but I get right back up. Hearing how you've handled everything makes me think twice about how to handle each situation that comes my way.

Thank you Kevin
:cheer2::cheer2::hug:

I could not agree more. I have often wanted to write something similar to Kevin, but just felt my words were not strong enough.

Thank you Kevin!

I agree! I get lots of inspiration from the podcast team. Julie and Corey inspire me to be a better mom. My ds is about a year younger than Farris and hearing how wonderfully they've handled the challenges put in front of their family makes me realize I've got it easy with my one little guy and I need to remember that on days when I want to pull my hair out for one reason or another! I get inspiration from Pete facing his addictions - if people like Pete can do that I can do anything I set my mind to too! The podcast team is so much more than a bunch of Disney chatter and I think it's great to let them know that!

Kevin reminds me of Ferris Bueller.

"Ferris Bueller, you're my hero."

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

"Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive."

"I am not going to sit on my *** as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it."

"Hey, Cameron. You realize if we played by the rules right now we'd be in gym?"

Very well said! Not only about Kevin, but each and every member of the Podcast Team (family) contributes so many things that I learn from.

Yes, I enjoy the belly laughs and even the sarcasm, but behind all that is a wonderful group of human beings that have taught me much in how to handle what life dishes out, and in being a more accepting person. I've always used the phrase you never know what anothers persons life is actually liked because you haven't walked in their shoes, but the team made me truly understand that.

MickeyFlower -- very well said.

The Podcasters touch each of our hearts individually. They have shown us how to handle diversity.

Isn't it amazing how we can make differences in people's lives.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

PS -- Kevin, Big Hugs! Enough said.

The Podcasters touch each of our hearts individually. They have shown us how to handle diversity.

Carol

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I feel pretty lucky to have met most of the pod cast team.:worship:
They are truly a incredible group of people.:dance3:
I am so glad my DH made me listen!:yay:

Carol

:thumbsup2 Agreed!

This has surely made me feel terrific.

I am humbled by all of your generosity and kindness.

I guess I live by the theory that you can see the bad or you can see the good. I try to find the good in almost everything.

I have my health, I have a loving, caring, incredible partner that is as close to perfect as can possibly be (well...he's perfect for me :)), I have my dogs, I have a job I love, I have a beautiful place to live, I have amazing, generous friends......I'm a very lucky guy.

The last few years have been rough and my world changed, but when I look at it, I don't see anything that others don't have to face, eventually.

All I need to do is watch the news or just look around and I realize just how good my life is and think how grateful I should be for it.

Now don't get me wrong....I can moan and complain as well (or better) as most
folks, but I try not to dwell there. I figure everyone is allowed a bit of griping, yelling, crying....you get the idea...but I try to move on as soon as I'm able.

I have no idea if this would work for anyone else.....but it works for me.

Again....I am humbled that any of you feel this way and am thankful for your friendship.

I really am a lucky guy.

This has surely made me feel terrific.

I am humbled by all of your generosity and kindness.

I guess I live by the theory that you can see the bad or you can see the good. I try to find the good in almost everything.

I have my health, I have a loving, caring, incredible partner that is as close to perfect as can possibly be (well...he's perfect for me :)), I have my dogs, I have a job I love, I have a beautiful place to live, I have amazing, generous friends......I'm a very lucky guy.

The last few years have been rough and my world changed, but when I look at it, I don't see anything that others don't have to face, eventually.

All I need to do is watch the news or just look around and I realize just how good my life is and think how grateful I should be for it.

Now don't get me wrong....I can moan and complain as well (or better) as most
folks, but I try not to dwell there. I figure everyone is allowed a bit of griping, yelling, crying....you get the idea...but I try to move on as soon as I'm able.

I have no idea if this would work for anyone else.....but it works for me.

Again....I am humbled that any of you feel this way and am thankful for your friendship.

I really am a lucky guy.

Goood! That was my goal on this thread! :banana::banana: I'm very aware the rest of the podcast team has benefited EVERYONE who listens. As a person who is REALLY STRUGGLING with daily life, I just wanted to focus on you, Kevin for a bit, and let you (as well as everyone who reads this) how much I appreciate and admire your strength.

You really do come across as a genuinely good person Kevin. I think you hit the nail on the head with keeping a positive outlook on life even when things go bad. If you choose to see something bad in every situation you will find something bad. If, on the other hand, you choose to see something good in every situation you will find something good.

I learned a long time ago to not consentrate on the negitive...it only makes things worst. Everything in life happens for a reason..good or bad. I deal with it and move on. Kevin is a perfect example of how this type of thinking works and yes, I also agree with the OP that I admire how he has handled things.

Kevin (and the whole podcast team), you have LOTS of friends here....we love you all !!!!!

I get a lot of inspiration from the Podcast crew. It seems like everyone there has had some event in their lives that they could have chosen to let define them, but instead they've chosen to live life joyfully. Kevin and his family, Pete and the struggles he's faced, Kathy losing her husband, Julie and Corey being parents of a child with special needs....and the whole team losing Bob.

I think that's why our feelings about the team are so strong, because they share these struggles with us. We may never have met in real life, but we have cried with them, prayed for them and bonded over what they have shared with us. It's such a unique thing, and I count myself fortunate to be a listener.

Very well said. Although I do follow the podcasts each week, I hadn't realized all of that until you put it in front of me.

My mother is legally blind and I download books from our library and put them on her Ipod. Last year, I started adding the podcasts. She has only been to Disney once (almost 2 years ago), and she is dying to go again and is in love with Kevin, in a non creepy way, of course. She makes me laugh cause now she is the one always talking about the Podcast crew, when I used to hold the title of Queen pain in the butt, always talking about their recent antics/activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter