Brand new on the board!

MickeyMacks

Missing Mickey and Friends
I'm so glad I found this site! I've been lurking for days and now I'm ready to join. My DS and I are planning our first WDW trip for January 2005. Plan to stay at ASMu Calypso and get UPH passes. Wondering how far in advance to book preferred room to get specific requests (non-smoking, 3rd floor, etc). Looking at discount options: CAA, AirMiles, AP, etc. Have heard it's considerably cheaper for NB'ers to drive 4 hours and fly from Maine rather than fly direct from Moncton or Saint John, but will be travelling with a 7-year-old in January and wondering if other parents have found it worth the savings to spend so many hours driving (flight depart/arrive times Bangor and Orlando??) Lots more questions but I'll wait until I've read more of the boards. I love the video clips, especially of the Wishes fireworks show - I got a big lump in my throat thinking of watching it live with my son!

Welcome to the Dis! You will love these boards when planning your trip. I would reserve a room right now and when a discount does come out you can have it applied to your reservation. Right now I have the CAA discount for Pop Century but I am hoping an AP discount will come out and I can switch over. Room request are not taken until around 3 days prior to arriving. Hopefully someone in your neck of the woods can answer your transportation questions.

Welcome to the Canadian DIS, MickeyMacks! Ask away any questions you may have!

When booking my upcoming March Break trip last fall, I used my CAA discount. Then the discount "codes" came out for room-only, which is what I had been hoping for, and I was able to switch my ressie over to the lower rate. If you watch these boards, someone will post as soon as they see discounts come out. Also, we all frequently check Mousesavers.com for the discounts, too.

Welcome !!! Yes, definitely book it now. Not that you'll have a problem getting All Star Music ... I just like to get the "yellow envelope" (the reservation confirmation) in the mail ;) ASMu is one of our absolute favourite resorts. We all love the theming, and I find the food court less busy than Movies. Watch for your discounts as the trip gets closer. If you haven't already, check out www.mousesavers.com to look for discounts that might apply to you. They won't come out until much closer to your dates, but it's nice to see what's being offered that is for your hotel at different times of the year.

Happy Planning ... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Mary Liz

And yet another welcome!!

If you haven't already done so, check out the Transportation Board - there's a wealth of information over there on how to get to WDW as cheaply as possible. From where we are in London we have to drive to either Detroit or Flint, MI (2+ hours) to get good deals on airfare. From our perspective it's worth it, but given your situation with a longer drive YMMV.

- Mike

Welcome to DIS :wave2: I don't really have any more info to add except if you're booking reward tickets (Air Miles or Aeroplan), it's best to book the tickets as soon as you know. There are a very limited number of seats for each day and they can go really quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter