Bounceback Free Dining Program 2008. Where is everyone eating??

I have been working like crazy to make sure everything is prepared, and ready for the holidays. Add this to very long hours at my job, and I haven't been able to have time to get on the Disboards. However, I am still so very excited about going. I am sticking with the regular dining plan. Because my little daughter will be 4 when we arrive. But, I am still wavering if I should go with deluxe. Oh, if only I could make up my mind. Stick with it.:confused3

Hi,
We have BB from Sept 20-30 booked at CSR. I am thinking should we add the deluxe and stay at POP instead? What are your opinions? We will be celebrating my ds's 16 th birthday and our 18th wedding anniversary.
We will definitely book for ts

Le cellier (2x)
Coral reef
Kona(2x)
chefs du france

Lunch(CS)
Tangeirine cafe
Wolfgang pucks express ( We ate there 5 x for lunch last trip)
Try the new restaurant at Animal Kingdom

definitely not

Grand floridian Cafe
Rose and crown
Biergarten...

Well, we're booked for the Bounceback in mid-September. We did free dining in '07 too. We're not sure we are going to stick with these ressies though because a) the HEAT, b) it affected my 2nd grader's ability slightly getting into the swing of things at school (though his school was supportive) and c) we really want to hit the F&WF this year!

But, we are booked for deluxe dining as of now. The plan is to have a take it easy vacation, with characters meals for breakfast or lunch and going into Epcot often for dinner (we'll be at the BC). Here's our wishlist:

New:
Cali Grill
Flying Fish
Donald's meal at Tusker House
Rose and Crown
Chefs de France

Tried and true:
HDDR
CRT for breakfast or lunch
Hollywood Brown Derby
Raglan Road
Biergarten
Garden Grill
Coral Reef
Cape May for breakfast
Lilo & Stitch breakfast at 'Ohana
Kona
Crystal Palace
Le Cellier

... I could go on all day!

I have a question first, then I will get to where we are eating:goodvibes . Can someone tell me how much it was to upgrade to the deluxe plan? And now on to the food!!! We are staying at POP August 29-September7. Now since the bounceback didn't start till the 30th, we are only gonna do CS our first day. Anyhoo right now the plan is

Not in order by any stretch

LeCellier
Crystal Palace (dinner)
Coral Reef
Teppan Edo
Yak and Yeti (if its added)
Boma (maybe)
Ohana

The rest are up in the air right now.

I have a question first, then I will get to where we are eating:goodvibes . Can someone tell me how much it was to upgrade to the deluxe plan?

$32 per adult/day.

I don't know for sure about kids, but, it is probably the difference between the price for the regular DDP and the DxDP.

I've been working out lists of restaurants I want to eat at, and I keep on ending up with plans that use 34 credits, (which is fine I have 36.) However, I'm not sure if I want to leave more spots open for spur of the moment counter-service meals, which I doubt I'll need with two TS meals a day, right now my plan looks something like this, but I can't plan it out 100% until the park hours are released, and that won't be until March.

Day 1

Dinner - Citricos

Day 2

B - CRT
D - CA Grill

Day 3

L - Le Cellier
D - Maya Grill (Not Sure About This One)

Day 4

B - Donald's Safari
D - Boma

Day 5 (May be my no-park day, I have 11 full days, and only a ten-day hopper, so there's going to be a day when I can't eat in the parks.)

L - Raglan Road
D - Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Day 6 (First Day of the Food & Wine Festival)

B - Akershus
D - Kona Cafe

Day 7

L - Brown Derby
D - Flying Fish

Day 8

B - CP
D - Narcoossee's

Day 9

L - Yak & Yeti
D - Jiko

Day 10

L - Coral Reef
D - Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 11

L - Wave (New Restaurant at the Contemporary, otherwise LTT)
D - Brown Derby

Day 12

L - Chefs de France
D - Artist Point

Day 13 (Departure Day)

B - Ohana

I may move these around some, like not go to Epcot at all before day six, (the start of the Food and Wine festival.) I know I want to spend about two days at AK, two days at MGM, and then three days each at MK and Epcot, but I don't mind mixing them up. I know I like to have at least two mornings at Epcot, and three mornings at MK, one morning at MGM, and two mornings at AK, at park-opening, since I can avoid long lines that way, so once the park hours are released, I can plan out exactly what I'm going to do each day.

The only other thing I have to decide is if I want to go to Party for the Senses this year. I really like it, but I really have to stay on a budget this trip, and I'm already paying extra for the deluxe plan.

Well, I have hit a bump in the road. I am still booked for Sept 16-25. But, my husband. Decides he wants us to go on a cruise Sept 28th-Oct 5th. Fine. So, I decide. Ok. Let me work this out. I figured. I can send my daughter back home with my parents. And, I would just extend my stay. Until my husband arrives. Then I thought. Why not have my husband come down on the 25th. Him, and I can stay at Disney for 3 nights. Pre cruise, and get the free dining. Well, I call Disney, and they say absolutely not. I said I am willing to pay the deposit of 200 dollars for a new reservation. For the 3 night package for my husband and I she insistently is saying no. Stating. I would have to be onsite to book the free dine package. (But, I was?) I just do not know what to do now. I am pretty perturbed by the answer I got. But, oh well. Now, i can either hope. They offer it in april. Try to get the 3 nights free dine that way. Or stay somewhere close to the port, or maybe a few days at Universal?? :confused3 :mad: :confused3 :headache: :headache:

Well, I have hit a bump in the road. I am still booked for Sept 16-25. But, my husband. Decides he wants us to go on a cruise Sept 28th-Oct 5th. Fine. So, I decide. Ok. Let me work this out. I figured. I can send my daughter back home with my parents. And, I would just extend my stay. Until my husband arrives. Then I thought. Why not have my husband come down on the 25th. Him, and I can stay at Disney for 3 nights. Pre cruise, and get the free dining. Well, I call Disney, and they say absolutely not. I said I am willing to pay the deposit of 200 dollars for a new reservation. For the 3 night package for my husband and I she insistently is saying no. Stating. I would have to be onsite to book the free dine package. (But, I was?) I just do not know what to do now. I am pretty perturbed by the answer I got. But, oh well. Now, i can either hope. They offer it in april. Try to get the 3 nights free dine that way. Or stay somewhere close to the port, or maybe a few days at Universal?? :confused3 :mad: :confused3 :headache: :headache:

Well, why not just modify your current reservation. Extend it for the 3 days. (I was told that I couldn't book it from offsite but that I could modify it.)

Yes, but the only problem. My husband is unavailable to check in until Sept 25. The day, my daughter will be checking out. The cm told me, all of us would need to be present at check in. :confused: It makes no sense to me at all. But, I digress. :rolleyes:

We are booked at the CSR from September 1 - 9 for the bounceback. Our dining choices so far are:

Crystal Palace -- Breakfast
LeCellier -- Dinner and Lunch (we've never done dinner and would like to do both)
Whispering Canyon (have yet to try and have been trying to get ressies the last two years)
Plaza Restaurant

The others we have not decided yet as my best friend and her husband are joining us (he has never been to Disney) and want them to select a few places that they would like to go to (the only stipulation I gave them was they could NOT pick Boatwright's).

So far we have decided:

Donald's Safari Breakfast
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Hoop-Dee-Doo

So far we have decided:

Donald's Safari Breakfast
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Hoop-Dee-Doo

Ok, so alot has changed since I started this thread. But, I now have finalized the plans.

We will not be going on a cruise. Instead, my husband, and my dd4 & ds6 will be going for all of 13 nights for the free ddp.

It was so very hard to choose the restaurants, as I do alot of back and forth. But. I make my dining ressies tomorrow. So, this is the list. I am going with.

Tutto Italia
Boma 2x
Trails End Buffet
Coral Reef
Wolfgang Puck'
Ohana
Yak & Yeti
Tokyo Dining
Mama Melrose Package
Lecieller'
Raglan Rd
Whispering Canyon
Crystal Palace Breakfast OOP
Beaches & Cream OOP
Captain Cooks Tonga Toast OOP

I am awaiting Sept 23rd. Really I am!

I can't believe your dh is going to go with you! So exciting--do you have anything special planned, for him and/or for the kids?

Good luck with all your ADR's tomorrow. If it's any help, I just finished mine, and had no trouble getting EVERYTHING I wanted. Even all the times I wanted were available, which I've never had. Bounceback ROCKS!

Anyway, here are our restaurants:

Boma
Rose & Crown (for Illuminations!)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tusker House (lunch)
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace (for MNSSHP!)
Yak & Yeti
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
Raglan Road (late dinner-for the band and dancer!)
Biergarten
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Kona Cafe (just dh and I :love: )
Cap'n Jack's
Chefs de France

I can't wait!

DH and I will be trying the DxDDP on our next trip to WDW. We were lucky enough to book the free dining bounceback. I was on the phone at 7am on 3-24 and was able to get everything at the time requested...or at least within 10 mins., except.........we wanted 6pm for Coral Reef, and they only had 5:20pm or 7:30pm that night. I was kind of surprised that Coral Reef was that booked at the 180 day mark. Well here goes:

9-20 Raglan Road 1pm
LeCellier 7pm

9-21 Crystal Palace 8:05am
Narcoosees 5:30pm

9-22 Brown Derby 11:30am
Artist Pt. 6pm

9-23 Coral Reef 11:30am
Yachtsman 5:55pm

9-24 Tusker House 8am
Narcoosees 7pm

9-25 Planet Hollywood ???
Jiko 7:10pm

9-26 LeCellier 11:30am
Flying Fish 6pm

9-27 Capt. Grille 7:50am
Chefs de France 12 noon
Coral Reef 5:20pm
_

Just made today for the last week in September 08 :banana: :banana:

Sept. 08 Bounce back
San Angle
Coral Reef
Spoodles
Chefs De France
Hoop De Doo
Capt. Jacks
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace for breakfast

I was on the phone at 7am on 3-24 and was able to get everything at the time requested...or at least within 10 mins., except.........we wanted 6pm for Coral Reef, and they only had 5:20pm or 7:30pm that night. I was kind of surprised that Coral Reef was that booked at the 180 day mark. Well here goes:

9-27 Capt. Grille 7:50am
Chefs de France 12 noon
Coral Reef 5:20pm
_

We have found at Coral Reef the past few years with the FREE DDP, the earlier the reservation, the better. They can tend to get really backed up later in the evening and especially if it is raining. :thumbsup2 I think 5:20 would be an ideal time... although if you're eating 3 TS meals I can see why you'd want to spread them out.

I can't believe your dh is going to go with you! So exciting--do you have anything special planned, for him and/or for the kids?

Good luck with all your ADR's tomorrow. If it's any help, I just finished mine, and had no trouble getting EVERYTHING I wanted. Even all the times I wanted were available, which I've never had. Bounceback ROCKS!

Anyway, here are our restaurants:

Boma
Rose & Crown (for Illuminations!)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tusker House (lunch)
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace (for MNSSHP!)
Yak & Yeti
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
Raglan Road (late dinner-for the band and dancer!)
Biergarten
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Kona Cafe (just dh and I :love: )
Cap'n Jack's
Chefs de France

I can't wait!

I really cannot believe it either. It is all so surreal. He is so not sold on Disney. But, I pulled the 15th year anniversary card. And, the I want my husband with me. And, he agreed!! I am very excited. But, it all is so surreal. As for something special. I was thinking. I would order a cake for our anniversary, and bring him a gift from home. What, else would you suggest?? I figured not to do a disney boat cruise. Because, he would bring up the fact, we could be sailing the caribbean seas. So that is out.
:)

By the way. I love your dinner choices!They look great! I was playing with the idea of Whispering Canyon. I've been, and the skillet, and milkshakes are so delish! But, I caved in, and changed to Teppan Edo.

I did get all the choices I wanted, and times. Other than the ones. I have to call back for. But, I got into Lecieller'!! The date, and time I wanted. I cannot wait either!!:banana: :worship: :worship: :banana:

Was finally able to make my ADR's today! We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted :banana:

Garden Grill, Crystal Palace breakfast, Tony's, Coral Reef, Donald's Safari breakfast, Chef Mickey's dinner, H & V character breakfast, LTT on MNSSHP night! Oh, and Kona breakfast (OOP) Lots of character meals but that's what my 2 little ones enjoy the most! :goodvibes

We're so excited! :yay:

. I was thinking. I would order a cake for our anniversary, and bring him a gift from home. What, else would you suggest??

Hey Melissa... you got into Coral Reef? Why not call the restaurant and try to get a personalized menu and a diver? They don't have a lot of openings on it, but ya might get lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter