Bounce back offer

rondalesire@yahoo.co

Earning My Ears
I have read that the current bb offer includes free dining into early June. My husband has a conference at the Dolphin in late Oct. Will the hotel offer the bb since they are not Disney owned? If they do not have the offer could he book one night at a value resort while he is at the Dolphin, check into the value resort and immediately call for the bb offer or would that not work since he is already staying at the Dolphin?

The other option would be for him to stay one additional night at a value resort after his conference in order to get the bb. This is not his first choice but may be able to do it if necessary.

Did you every find an answer to your question? I am interested in this too.

You will not get a Disney BB offer while staying at Swan/Dolphin because they are not Disney properties. Also, the BB offer has limited dates it is available. I don't have he dates in front of me but I don't believe it started until June. I think it was the first two weeks of June, the week of 7/4, the end of August and more availability in the fall.

I'm sure he could do either, BUT make sure to read the dates it's going to be offered to see if it's a time frame that you may want to book! Also not all resorts or all dates will be available.

Is his room already paid for at the Dolphin? If he's paying (or getting reimbursed), can he just drop the first or last night and move to a value resort (or the Boardwalk if they offer any conference rates even)?

Free dining is nice, even if you pay rack rates, depending on the season you're going and what resort. For us at Pop late August it was a good deal, as the room rates are lower.

Here is quick summary and a link with the specific dates for 2017 and it also includes the excluded resorts and dates.

Booking dates: Aug. 1 – Oct. 31, 2016

This offer can only be booked if you are staying on Walt Disney World property during the above dates.

Travel dates: May 30 – Dec. 20, 2017

Excluded dates:

• June 7 – June 29, 2017
  • July 6 – Aug. 10, 2017
  • Sept. 10 – Dec. 7, 2017

link: http://www.doctordisney.com/2016/08...-world-opens-today-offering-2017-free-dining/

Dave

Here is quick summary and a link with the specific dates for 2017 and it also includes the excluded resorts and dates.

This offer can only be booked if you are staying on Walt Disney World property during the above dates.

Excluded dates:

• June 7 – June 29, 2017
  • July 6 – Aug. 10, 2017

link: http://www.doctordisney.com/2016/08...-world-opens-today-offering-2017-free-dining/

Dave

We are hoping that they will have another FD Offer that include more Dates for the fall
Plus with that offer no Value Resorts were included
So fingers crossed as we have group of 10+ going

Excluded dates:

• June 7 – June 29, 2017
  • July 6 – Aug. 10, 2017

Dave

The bounce back flyer says last booking day is sept 30, not oct 31?

Excluded dates:

• June 7 – June 29, 2017
  • July 6 – Aug. 10, 2017

Dave

I am holding brochure in my hand. Must be booked on or prior to check out date which must be on or before 9/30/2016.

We are hoping that they will have another FD Offer that include more Dates for the fall
Plus with that offer no Value Resorts were included
So fingers crossed as we have group of 10+ going

All sites are reporting which is consistent with past BB:
Sports, Music and POP are all included as well as AoA Suites.
Movies and AoA Little Mermaid rooms are excluded.

So if we checked in on July 1, 2017 and checked out on July 10th - would we be able to get free dining for our entire length of stay?

I also noticed after following the link above to the "doctordisney" site that it says that the brochure is wrong with the Sept. 30th end date and it really is the end of October and they called Disney to verify that. I don't know if that's true or not but throwing that out there....

How closely related does everyone think this bounceback offer is to an actual 2017 Free Dining promotion open to everyone? We have taken advantage of September FD 2012 & 2014 (booked in late April/early May), but if they were to include June/July dates, I wonder how early they would allow booking?

How closely related does everyone think this bounceback offer is to an actual 2017 Free Dining promotion open to everyone? We have taken advantage of September FD 2012 & 2014 (booked in late April/early May), but if they were to include June/July dates, I wonder how early they would allow booking?

That is what we are wondering, hope the dates get expanded

That is what we are wondering, hope the dates get expanded

It will all depend on availability.

This year was the first year that I can remember most of October and November being excluded from the BB deals. Disney knows that F&W will draw the crowds and now that they've pushed up the start date of F&W in September, I won't be surprised if this pattern is repeated again next year where we'll see even less available discounts even in September. I'll be there in 3 weeks and am hoping they release the room only BB deal at that time as they have in previous years and while I'm hoping the fall doesn't get excluded again next year, I'm also not holding my breath.

October will not be free dining for Americans again until/unless the economy tanks. Obviously, rules vary for what Disney offers international guests.

It will all depend on availability.

This year was the first year that I can remember most of October and November being excluded from the BB deals. Disney knows that F&W will draw the crowds and now that they've pushed up the start date of F&W in September, I won't be surprised if this pattern is repeated again next year where we'll see even less available discounts even in September. I'll be there in 3 weeks and am hoping they release the room only BB deal at that time as they have in previous years and while I'm hoping the fall doesn't get excluded again next year, I'm also not holding my breath.
We have been considering putting deposit only down on our rooms early January. At least we would have them booked
Thoughts anyone?

We have been considering putting deposit only down on our rooms early January. At least we would have them booked
Thoughts anyone?

Tough call as you need to remember....

Disney only offers deals to fill rooms. When rooms are booked ahead of time Disney sees them as booked and therefore no need for discounts. One other thing to keep in mind... just because you book a room ahead of time there's no guarantee that particular room and category will be available under a discount, if one is offered.

I, personally, never book a room in hopes of a discount but I know several people who do - some get lucky, some not.

Thoughts anyone?

If you're going regardless of discounts offered, book it now. If you're only going if a good discount comes out, wait.

Thanks, for the suggestions
we are going anyway, unless Cdn really tanks
Group has decided to wait until the announcement is made in the spring
We have firmed up dates, type of room, number of days for passes etc.
So now we wait.... at least we know that dining will be available

We're really bummed. We didn't book the BB because the flyer specifically stated it was for Mods and Deluxe. Had we known we could book with a Value as some posters have been able to do, we would have. But its way too late now. Way to go being misleading, Disney.

We're really bummed. We didn't book the BB because the flyer specifically stated it was for Mods and Deluxe. Had we known we could book with a Value as some posters have been able to do, we would have. But its way too late now. Way to go being misleading, Disney.

It seems like it's always been that way, even in their regular advertising of vacation packages. They promote the packages that they would hope you book but if you call or look online they are usually offered across all levels with particular hotels blocked out.

If you looked at the bottom of the flyer in the room it states "exclusions" and that was Campsites, Poly Bungalows and 3 bedroom villas ... basically leaving availability at all other "levels" leaving it open to use at some Moderate, Value, Deluxe ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter