Bottles

katriscari

Mouseketeer
We are 4 months out from a 10 night trip...have been to Disney several times in the last few years, but this is the first time ever with a child younger than 5!

My son uses Dr. Brown's bottles at home (aka 5 pieces & parts for every bottle). That is NOT going to work on our trip! :P

I did buy some take & toss sippy cups, since he will be 10 months old when we go. There is no real guarantee he will be that good at using them though. He is 6 months old now, and I've tried with the soft sippy, and he just doesn't really get it yet. I will keep working on him though!

I know I will need to take a bottle of some sort when we go even if it is just for nightime use. Are playtex drop ins still the only real/best option? I have never traveled with a baby for longer than a day or 2, and even then it was by car :)

Thanks for any advice!

Yes, what Gracie said. We have always traveled with what they are used to - brought enough bottles so we didn't have to wash at the parks (at 9 months I think she was just taking 4/day anyway). I never used Sippy's for that, but did like Zoli cups for water and other drinks. Just bring a bottle brush and a little thing of dish soap and once a day wash the bottles in your room.

We used the Lansinoh mOmma bottles with our son and had no issues bringing those with us. They are easy to clean.

Just bring the Dr. Browns. Throw a bottle brush in your luggage and a small thing of dish soap.

Agreed. Bring what he is used to. Bring a bottle brush and dish soap and you are good to go. Just wash them at night. That is what I did with my kids.

I agree with the above posters. We took a vacation (not to Disney) when my son was 8 months old. I brought a large bowl and dishwashing soap and washed his bottles each night like I did at home. (Something about putting the bottles directly into the sink is icky to me. But I suppose you could also bring Clorox wipes and wipe out the sink.)

He will be 18 months when we go to Disney and I plan to bring the same large bowl and soap to wash his sippy cups.

You could also get a collapsible dish basin so you would have more room to wash the bottles and parts and then just rinse under the running sink water. I'd also recommend bringing a dish drying mat so you have somewhere to set them out to dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter