Bottled water at Disney

toothfairy

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to CSR in August for 5 days. I have been reading about some families getting sick from drinking the water at Disney. I really need to take bottled water but my DH is obsessive about not overpacking so I need ideas about how to get bottled water at a reasonable cost. We are flying and then taking a shuttle or taxi to our resort. I know that bottled water at the resorts probably costs a fortune. We are not planning to rent a car, so what should I do about low cost bottled water?
Any suggestions appreciate!!

Thanks!
Toothfairy

Buy a couple of filter bottles you can carry in the parks. That will significantly reduce the bulk of what you are packing, and also save you quite a lot of money. I don't know anyone who has ever gotten "sick" when drinking water that has been run through a charcoal filter. Brita and Culligan make wide-mouth filter sports bottles that are very convenient for this purpose; I use them everywhere. (Buy them before you leave home; they are always sold out in stores in the Orlando area.)

BTW, I have the word sick in quotes above because the sort of "sick" you get from drinking WDW water is merely a reaction to some of the mineral content in the water, which filters will get rid of. Municipal water in that area is in no way unclean or unsafe to drink from a bacterial standpoint. (Unlike the sort of situation you have in parts of Mexico, for instance.)

If you are really set on bottled water, you can get it by the case at a grocery stop, or order a case to be delivered at your hotel; though that is going to be just about as expensive as buying it in the gift shop. BTW; bottled water in the parks is $2.75 per liter.

If you elect to take a town car instead of a tax or shuttle (the cost is really not much different surprisingly) most companies will allow a 30 minute grocery stop which is a great way to save some spending money. Pick up dry snacks, fruit, muffins, bottled water and soda to drink in the room. I don't have a problem with water at WDW, I think it depends on what you are used to.

I have been in hot weather areas and have bought water bottles that come in an insulated wrap from discount stores. If you have a freezer, fill the bottle about 1/4 of the way and freeze it overnight.
Keep extra water in refrigerator to fill it with that cold water, it does last. Also from outdoor stores are neck wraps that you soak in cold water and they expand with water, something inside, and wrap around your neck. It will keep your neck cool for hours.

I think ahutton's suggestion is a good one. If you want to find out more about the town car option, you should post a question on "Transportation" Forum.

Everyone's input has been so helpful!! I have looked into the town car option (thanks very much to ahutton!!) and that seems to be a very good option for us! My DH was quite impressed that I am even making prior arrangements for the transfers too:D
Again, thanks everyone who has provided information. I am also going to get some of those water bottles with filters.

Thanks again!! Another problem solved due to this board!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter