{[Books----->Movie]}

3mtn-kate

<font color=deeppink>♥<font color=royalblue>I want
I just watched Atonement and thought it was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL movie I cried so hard at the end. I've never read the book though, so I don't know how it compares.

That got me thinking, what is your favorite book that has been turned into a movie???

Or on the flip side, what book do you love but you think that the movie just sucks and kills how great the book is???

Or...What book, that is not a movie, do you think would make a fantastic movie???

Of course I'm going to say Harry Potter just because...I love Harry Potter and no matter what happens with the movies I will always love Harry Potter.

I'm a little worried that Twilight is going to kill it though...I have to say.

Hmm although a lot is missing from the Harry movies-
I'll still give them my favorite. (Although I enjoyed Tuck Everlasting, too)

Bad ones? Hmmm... Very tough- I can't think of any really bad ones. I saw the Disney version of Johnny Tremaine- It was missing a lot, and I mean a lot! But I didn't like the book, and the song about the Sons of Liberty is catchy ( and I caught them playing it in Liberty Square, Magic Kingdom once). As for books I did like- I caught a Jane Eyre movie I didn't really enjoy.

The Secret Life Of Bees was an amazing Movie.
Da Vinci Code was really good.
Harry Potter is alright.
The boy in striped pajamas looks like it's going to be amazing.

I think they should make The Book Thief into a movie.

I'll add more when I think of some.

Thief lord!!!!!

omg i loved that movie and the book was awesome too. :lovestruc

lord of the rings.
hands down.
best books and movies ever.

chronicals of narnia movies were pretty good too.
but the books are better.

as for bad...
even though it's old, i didn't think to kill a mockingbird was a very good movie.
the book wasn't my favorite either, but it was better than the movie.

Atonement fails so hard. I mean, the plot is GREAT, fantastic, but the movie is quite hard to follow, they're always switching time frames, and both the movie and book are horrendously boring. It has such promise, but like in the book when Briony gets her rejection letter from that magazine saying that she spends too much time describing things... well that's exactly what's wrong with Atonement.

Anyhoozle, The Notebook was a better movie than book.
Same with LOTR. I will never get through the books, but the movies are epic.
But HP was a better book series than movies.

I thought To Kill a Mockinbird was alright, but the book was much better.
Romeo and Juliet, the one with Olivia Hussey (and the Zac Efron look-a-like Lol.), I really liked that movie. Yeah, it was really dramatic, but I thought it was awesome. And I loved Benvolio.
Sisterhood of the Traveling pants is good.

Romeo and Juliet, the one with Olivia Hussey (and the Zac Efron look-a-like Lol.), I really liked that movie. Yeah, it was really dramatic, but I thought it was awesome. And I loved Benvolio.
LOL that's what everyone in my English class said last year. :rotfl: (zac efron statement)

Added: Of course, I was wondering why Mary from Jesus of Nazareth was all of the sudden Juliet...

I thought To Kill a Mockinbird was alright, but the book was much better.
Sisterhood of the Traveling pants is good.

:laughing: i loved that one

i read that in 8th grade for english class and we watched like 4 different versions of it it was fun

omg Benvolio!!!! haha he was in austin powers
i think that was him...my friend sarah FLIPPED out it was so funny

i didn't mind to kill a mockingbird i had a hard time getting into the book though

I thought Millions was a good book, and a good movie.
Chronicles of Narnia is an OK change.
Didn't like the Da Vinci Code. The book was easier to follow.
I do think Kingdom Keepers would make a good movie, but I don't see how they could do it, without it being computer generated, which wouldn't make the movie that good...

:laughing: i loved that one

i read that in 8th grade for english class and we watched like 4 different versions of it it was fun

omg Benvolio!!!! haha he was in austin powers
i think that was him...my friend sarah FLIPPED out it was so funny

Bruce Robinson was the one in the 1968 which I was talking about, and he wasn't in Austin Powers. :-)

LOL that's what everyone in my English class said last year. (zac efron statement)

As soon as he came on everyone said. "Zac Efron."
It was funny.

Our teacher found a picture of Leonard Whiting now and said "If you marry Zac Efron, this is what he'll look like when he's about 55 years old." Everyone laughed, because he doesn't look anything like he did.

I love the HP movies, but now that I've read the books, the movies barely even compare.

I thought the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies were really good. But, if anyone has seen the second movie, they pretty much compacted the last three books into one movie. I was confused because I haven't read the last book yet, so a bunch of stuff was happening that I didn't even know about and I was like, "wait...what?!?" xD

And I thought that Series of Unfortunate Events was excellent. They followed the books really well. And Jim Carrey was PERfect for Count Olaf. So funny. I hope that they make movies out of the other books, because the movie was only the first three books, and there are 13 in the series.

As much as I enjoy the HP movies, the books are a lot better.

On the flip side, I prefer the Narnia movies over the books.

well I LOVE Harry Potter but I don't think the 5th movie lived up to the book. It didn't include enough important details that were in the book.

I think that Twilight is going to be awesome too becuse I was just watching the trailer and I stopped breathing at the romantic parts. I am a sucker for that kind of stuff.

I think that the book Vampire Kisses would make a great movie! On Ellen Schreiber(author of book)'s website she said that they were trying to find producers for the movie so I think they are going to make a movie out of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter