Booking swan through costco

Antonio

Mouseketeer
Has anybody ever booked the swan and dolphin through Costco? I currently see a great deal for my dates but just wanted to know if there are any hidden fees that I won’t see until the end of my stay. I heard swan is known for that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Typically the Dolphin/Swan charge a resort fee and parking, in addition to service fee/tax. You can expect about another $85 per night on top of what price they show ($60ish if you dont have a car)

“Mandatory resort fee: The daily resort fee is included in the package price. The fee includes in-room, high-speed internet access; one 30-minute Swan Paddle Boat ride per day (per room); unlimited access to the resort’s health clubs; and daily fitness classes.”

this is what’s listed on the Costco site. Are these the fees that cost about $85 a night or is there something they’re not telling me?

Swan and dolphin charge a resort fee of about $40 per night and parking of about $30 per night - we were there in February. If Costco includes the resort fee, and you don’t have a car, you shouldn’t have any surprise charges!

I think that it might be non-refundable, which is part of the lower price. I am not positive though.

The only part that is non-refundable are the tickets - you have to pay for them when you book the package. The kicker is that you have to pick the tickets up when you arrive at a Disney guest relations location. So if you cancel the trip you still have the money invested in the tickets and you would have to keep up with the ticket will call information until you can use the tickets. The resort fee is included but you will have parking charges if you have a car.

I booked for the first time last month through Costco. I did not buy my tickets through them, but had to get a rental car to book through them because they don't do hotel only for Orlando. I'm okay with that as I have to get to and from the airport anyway, and I often use Lyft anyway if I'm staying on Disney Property. I didn't want to have to put down the cost of the tickets and a $100 deposit, the tickets are not 100 percent refundable, but the $100 deposit is fully refundable until October (my trip is in December).

The resort fee is included in the room rate. Parking fee is not, but they only charge for the first 5 days.

Still not sure if I'm keeping the reservation depending upon more Disney resorts opening before my trip, but I couldn't beat the price. There is very little availability for my dates at the moment, and I can't touch any of the Disney Deluxe resorts for what I'm paying. I've never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin before, but I love that area so I figured it may be worth a try.

I literally booked the package you're talking about last night, it saved me $750 compared to the AAA rate for the same room and a CM discount for my tickets for the same date. Insane.

The rate you are quoted is the all-in price. That includes tax and resort fees. There IS a refundable option that raises the price a bit but the ticket portion is NOT refundable. If you do need to cancel you'll just have the cost of your tickets available with Disney for the next time you want to purchase tickets.

This morning we got an email with the Disney reservation number that you can plug into MDE. I was told by someone else in the Swan/Dolphin thread that in a few days they will send another email with the ticket number that you can link to MDE to make your park pass reservations.

This is far and away the best Swan/Dolphin deal out there.

I literally booked the package you're talking about last night, it saved me $750 compared to the AAA rate for the same room and a CM discount for my tickets for the same date. Insane.

The rate you are quoted is the all-in price. That includes tax and resort fees. There IS a refundable option that raises the price a bit but the ticket portion is NOT refundable. If you do need to cancel you'll just have the cost of your tickets available with Disney for the next time you want to purchase tickets.

This morning we got an email with the Disney reservation number that you can plug into MDE. I was told by someone else in the Swan/Dolphin thread that in a few days they will send another email with the ticket number that you can link to MDE to make your park pass reservations.

This is great info! I am looking at the same package but they didn’t have my dates so I am going to have to do a little more research as to when I can go. Thanks for sharing!

In general this is very, very true since you get a room upgrade. However sometimes there are better deals if you book a refundable deal.

So keep checking if you go with the refundable options as there are often some late breaking discounts based on occupancy at periods like August, September (non-50th celebration), November and sometimes in December.

These additional discounts might appear if / when meeting of conferences are concelled or extra blocked rooms were release.

Dave

Still seems way pricier to me than what I can get on my own. I keep pricing out Costco but $4400 for 5 of us is way more than what we are paying for a moderate disney resort with theme park tickets. Almost $1000 more.

In general this is very, very true since you get a room upgrade. However sometimes there are better deals if you book a refundable deal.

So keep checking if you go with the refundable options as there are often some late breaking discounts based on occupancy at periods like August, September (non-50th celebration), November and sometimes in December.

These additional discounts might appear if / when meeting of conferences are concelled or extra blocked rooms were release.

Dave

I absolutely agree. If it was a regular room upgrade I would not have done it, but the double upgrade to a balcony room made it worthwhile.

Was this the package with airfare too or just hotel? I've been looking at this but airfare is out of control right now for my dates so pushing this offer unreasonably high. I'm still hoping they drop some.

Still seems way pricier to me than what I can get on my own. I keep pricing out Costco but $4400 for 5 of us is way more than what we are paying for a moderate disney resort with theme park tickets. Almost $1000 more.
I'll be there in a few days for my trip booked through Costco Travel. Ours was $3400 for 5 nights for 2 adults and 3 children with 3 days park hopper tickets. We chose the higher price Modify Room option that provides a more flexible refund policy. I'll report on our double room upgrade late next week after our return home.

I'll be there in a few days for my trip booked through Costco Travel. Ours was $3400 for 5 nights for 2 adults and 3 children with 3 days park hopper tickets. We chose the higher price Modify Room option that provides a more flexible refund policy. I'll report on our double room upgrade late next week after our return home.

Good deal. Didn't have that for our trip. It was a $1000 more for 4 nights for the 5 of us.... three day non-park hopper.

Attached my quote. I can never find a good deal on there. Doing Caribbean Beach Resort for 4 nights and 3 day tickets for $3350. Wanted Dolphin but happy to be there regardless.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-24 123138.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-24 123138.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 19

I wouldn't consider the Swan or Dolphin comparable to a moderate. More a deluxe. If you want to be on the Disney boardwalk, and able to boat/bus/walk/skyline around, you can't beat it.

I wouldn't consider the Swan or Dolphin comparable to a moderate. More a deluxe. If you want to be on the Disney boardwalk, and able to boat/bus/walk/skyline around, you can't beat it.
I agree. It is more deluxe.
Also, I could get Dolphin for $1100 for four nights and then the three day park tickets for $2000 elsewhere like off of Dolphin site or Priceline type places. Same price as CBR. CBR was just more accommodating for 5 than Swan and Dolphin.

I agree. It is more deluxe.
Also, I could get Dolphin for $1100 for four nights and then the three day park tickets for $2000 elsewhere like off of Dolphin site or Priceline type places. Same price as CBR. CBR was just more accommodating for 5 than Swan and Dolphin.

Dolphin allows 5 in a regular room. Swan does not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter