Booking online with transferred points

PoppyJ

Mouseketeer
It was my understanding that you can book online with transferred points at the 7 month mark.

I practiced today making a reservation online for January 2024, which is well inside 7 months. My transferred points did not show up as an option to use.

I called member services and was told that because my transferred points were in a virtual contract, I have to call to make a reservation with them, even at the 7 month mark.

Is this a new development? Are we not able to make any reservations online with transfered points now?

There have been some issues being reported with using transferred points. It’s only be about 4 years since we could use online.

I wonder if, due to current issues, they have suspended things online and you have to call. I used them not that long ago…maybe a few months.

I booked using transfer points last week. The website would not allow me to do it. Error.

Called and within a few minutes had a reservation through MS.

Has anyone been able to get around this by having Member Services book a "dummy" reservation with transferred points? (Assuming I can come up with a reservation that is about the same number of points.) Would I then be able to modify by myself online at my real 7 month window? Or would I need to call MS even to modify the dates? I'm considering a points transfer but I'll need to be on right at 8 am on my 7 month mark to make this work. If I have to wait for MS to open I think I'll miss out...

I had to modify my reservation. Had to call but I was not within 7 months. When I am I can try for you. Remind me in mid November.

I had to modify my reservation. Had to call but I was not within 7 months. When I am I can try for you. Remind me in mid November.
Thanks! I was definitely hoping to have a little more control than having to call anytime I want to make a change. But I did at least think this through more and decided I will borrow my own points to book the hard to get reservation and use any transferred points to book my easier to obtain choices.

Has anyone been able to get around this by having Member Services book a "dummy" reservation with transferred points?
I always wondered too, and wondered if you could book a "dummy" reservation with OTU points for the same reason - to be able to do re-booking online instead of that 9am call.

I always wondered too, and wondered if you could book a "dummy" reservation with OTU points for the same reason - to be able to do re-booking online instead of that 9am call.
That’s been done with OTUP - buy OTUP to book a 7-month reservation, cancel that reservation, then use the OTUP to book the desired reservation online at the proper time.

That’s been done with OTUP - buy OTUP to book a 7-month reservation, cancel that reservation, then use the OTUP to book the desired reservation online at the proper time.
There is a risk, though. If you do not get the reservation you want and cannot use the OTUP before they expire at the end of your use year, you lose the $$ you spent to acquire them. I tend to think of that as "insurance", - i.e., something you pay for and may not ever use.

This issue may possibly be fixed now? My transferred points now show up as an option when I go to book a reservation online. I didn't actually proceed with it, but it certainly looked like it would have worked. Last week I was not able to see the transferred points at all when I tried this, so hopefully they have fixed the issue! (Now watch, it will be broken again by the time my 7 month mark gets here...)

This issue may possibly be fixed now? My transferred points now show up as an option when I go to book a reservation online. I didn't actually proceed with it, but it certainly looked like it would have worked. Last week I was not able to see the transferred points at all when I tried this, so hopefully they have fixed the issue! (Now watch, it will be broken again by the time my 7 month mark gets here...)
I was curious so tried making a reservation less than 7 months out and my transferred points now show up a an option to use. Must be fixed for now!

Not fixed. Just tried. Had to call. So annoying. Several years ago I could do it. Then I couldn't. Then I could. Not I can't.
MS just told me they no longer even show up when you're ready to actually book. (which they tell us is possible.....but not). I've mentioned it in survey after survey plus in Chats. Guess did nothing. We should all mention that, at the very least, even though they don't show up in the normal points count, we should at least be able to see them at the booking window.

My question: Are we able to WAITLIST transferred points? I never asked anyone that and maybe Disboarders know the answer. Has anyone done it recently?

Not fixed. Just tried. Had to call. So annoying. Several years ago I could do it. Then I couldn't. Then I could. Not I can't.
MS just told me they no longer even show up when you're ready to actually book. (which they tell us is possible.....but not). I've mentioned it in survey after survey plus in Chats. Guess did nothing. We should all mention that, at the very least, even though they don't show up in the normal points count, we should at least be able to see them at the booking window.

My question: Are we able to WAITLIST transferred points? I never asked anyone that and maybe Disboarders know the answer. Has anyone done it recently?

Yes, they will pull in transferred points for a waitlist.

Yes, they will pull in transferred points for a waitlist.
Thank you. I'm shocked they will know to pull those points out of the actual transferred points.
If so, I would be very happy.

Thank you.

We did this for a VGC reservation. Was the only way I felt like I'd have a chance to get what we wanted, given those drop almost instantly at the 8AM bell.

Thank you. I'm shocked they will know to pull those points out of the actual transferred points.
If so, I would be very happy.

Thank you.

In my case, I did chat with MS to add a note to use them first…there were only 5…but they definitely will use them if they are in the account….especially if you have told them to use them.

Now, they might not if you have other points…but if all one has is transferred points, setting up a waitlist to use them is not a problem.

It was my understanding that you can book online with transferred points at the 7 month mark.

I practiced today making a reservation online for January 2024, which is well inside 7 months. My transferred points did not show up as an option to use.

I called member services and was told that because my transferred points were in a virtual contract, I have to call to make a reservation with them, even at the 7 month mark.

Is this a new development? Are we not able to make any reservations online with transfered points now?

Just an FYI on this issue:

I just had points transferred into my account that were the same resort and UY that I owned. I was able to book a reservation online using them at 8 months out. I had heard different opinions on whether I'd have to call to use the transferred points but I didn't have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter