Booking issues? Anyone?

treemi01

SMKCTL
Apparently all of WDW is booked in August of 2020. There’s no rooms available onsite from 8/17 through 8/24 in any category hotel. We need 2 rooms, and I got one booked, but now I can’t get a second one. I’m assuming it’s a system error and not that the entire resort filled all of a sudden, but we’ve tried 4 devices and 2 separate MDE/WDW accounts. Anyone else having issues? Anyone know if there’s a reason the whole resort would be booked during this historically less busy time? If it’s truly at max capacity, I don’t think we want to go at that time anyway.

It funny that you posted this right now. I was looking around the website myself just a few minutes ago, for the end of March/beginning of April this year. We have a Poly studio booked, but from time to time, I look to see what else is available to compare prices. All resorts appear to have no capacity then, either. While I know this is spring break time, and a busy time of year, I find it confusing to not be able to find one room anywhere? So, I assume that it's a system wide error? I'm going to check back later to see if the issue is resolved.

Best of luck @treemi01 in finding a second room in August. I'm assuming you'll be able to find something if you give it some time and keep checking?? Hope your trip is magical!!:)

It funny that you posted this right now. I was looking around the website myself just a few minutes ago, for the end of March/beginning of April this year. We have a Poly studio booked, but from time to time, I look to see what else is available to compare prices. All resorts appear to have no capacity then, either. While I know this is spring break time, and a busy time of year, I find it confusing to not be able to find one room anywhere? So, I assume that it's a system wide error? I'm going to check back later to see if the issue is resolved.

Best of luck @treemi01 in finding a second room in August. I'm assuming you'll be able to find something if you give it some time and keep checking?? Hope your trip is magical!!:)
Definitely a glitch in the system. Just last night I checked and they had open availability in all room categories for those same dates. I am waiting to book one of the last two weeks in August also. Maybe they are getting the site ready for discounts dropping on January 2nd! 🇲💃

Just tried to check prices for Oct/Nov myself and NOTHING available. I then jumped forward and backward several weeks, and even a few weeks in Dec., still nothing. I wonder if the website glitched turning over to 2020 today? LOL!

Weird! I did get one room booked before the glitch (we are a family of 7), but then I immediately went to do the second and instantly nothing available.

Same issues. I can see which resorts have availability on the main search page, but when I click on a specific resort it shows no availability. I wanted to reserve a room before the gift of magic promo ended, so hopefully it is fixed soon so I don't have to call.

It was working this morning because I priced out a bunch of resorts in anticipation of a possible discount drop tomorrow.

I often find resorts show no availability the day before a big drop. But who knows!

Something seems weird for sure. When I search for my dates I get the list of the resorts with the discounted AP prices but then when I click through to a specific resort it shows no availability at all. I've tried different combos of dates, different resorts and keep getting the same exact thing.

I have a room booked for Mardi Gras 2020, but wanted to change resorts today....encountered the same thing you all reported. I am curious how do you prepare or price check for dates that are not yet released?

***I have some flexibility in travel dates, if a better deal comes along I am willing to switch :)

I am curious how do you prepare or price check for dates that are not yet released?
Some people are anticipating a free dining promotion for the summer months tomorrow. It’s easy to check total prices because you need to pay rack rate for the room.

Last night I switched our resort after too many beers and now I am trying to get what the wife wants and nothing available for any dates any time. I have been on hold with WDW reservations for over an hour. Good thing Twilight Zone marathon is on tv!

On hold again …… 1 hour 54 minutes I was trying to turn down the brightness on my phone and I hung up on accident. The site is working now but I cant get the stars to align. I can get 4/6-13 and 4/7-13 but I need 4/6-12. It's obvious the room is available so I called back. now approaching 30 minutes.

Last edited:
I can confirm there is availability on the U.K. site for your dates op.
All levels of resorts are listed.
ranging in price from just under £700 to over £14,000!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter