Booking a room at Atlantis for a day while docked at Nassau?

stefanospops

DIS Veteran
I know this question has been asked, but I have searched the forums and can't find anyone with first hand experience. We have a cruise coming next month and I can get a room at the Atlantis Beach Tower for $104. Since there are 5 of us I would need to get two rooms, so that is $208. That should give us full access to the waterpark and is way cheaper than booking through DCL. So the question is, will they give me access to the park if I show up at 9am even though the room will not be ready until 3pm? Have others done this? Am I missing something?

I know this question has been asked, but I have searched the forums and can't find anyone with first hand experience. We have a cruise coming next month and I can get a room at the Atlantis Beach Tower for $104. Since there are 5 of us I would need to get two rooms, so that is $208. That should give us full access to the waterpark and is way cheaper than booking through DCL. So the question is, will they give me access to the park if I show up at 9am even though the room will not be ready until 3pm? Have others done this? Am I missing something?

I don't have firsthand information for you, but someone posted in another thread earlier today saying that they had called Atlantis and that you are able to access the water park before check-in time. Did you go far enough in the booking process to see how much the rooms would cost with all taxes and fees? We just visited Atlantis (via Comfort Suites) on the 9/1 Dream cruise, and when we got home we priced a stay at Atlantis. The base rate for a week in Sept. 2014 was about $1100 (cheapest room at the resort), but when we went another couple of steps in the booking process, the price went up $500 in taxes and fees!

They do have a "Labor Day" sale on bookings right now. Unfortunately, that deeply discounted rate isn't available for the day we are there.

Thanks for the reply. I saw the other thread and posted to that too. I did not get far enough into the booking process, just saw the base cost for the room. I was looking specifically if people did the same thing booking Atlantis, which happens to be less expensive at this point versus COmfort Suites. My fear is the COmfort Suites can get away with it because Atlantis won't know/care when they are booked for, but maybe the policy is different with an Atlantis room.

Well, if it helps anyone, I called Atlantis and they confirmed that if I booked at the Beach Tower and got there in the morning that I have full access to the facilities even though check in is not until 3pm.

We'll be going there on the next "maiden" voyage of the Magic (first sailing after the drydock) and booked a great rate of $100/room. We will be there on OCtober 23. Booked the rate through expedia. Not sure if I can post the link so I won't.

Now I just need to make sure I get there on time and leave in time to get back to the ship!

Well, if it helps anyone, I called Atlantis and they confirmed that if I booked at the Beach Tower and got there in the morning that I have full access to the facilities even though check in is not until 3pm.

We'll be going there on the next "maiden" voyage of the Magic (first sailing after the drydock) and booked a great rate of $100/room. We will be there on OCtober 23. Booked the rate through expedia. Not sure if I can post the link so I won't.

Now I just need to make sure I get there on time and leave in time to get back to the ship!

Thanks for reporting back. That's a great deal! How many people can be booked in the room? Don't worry about getting to the resort and back. It's a quick cab ride, and there are cabs lined up both at the port and at Atlantis. You can walk out of the Royal Tower and get a cab right there. DH and I happened to walk out just as the bus carrying the people who had booked the DCL excursion was about to head back to port. We were ushered onto the bus and asked to pay the same rate we would have if we had taken a cab ($4/person + tip).

Thats awesome! How does that work exactly...? You just show up, check in and it auto checks you out...? Or do you have to check out before you leave as well?

Lisa - thanks for the note. So the DCL bus took you back for $4+tip/person? Through Expedia the site only allows you to book 4 to a room. There are five of us so I am hoping they will allow us the 5th when we get there as through the Atlantis site the same room can support 5. If not, I think it is $80/day for the 5th person. The kids are 4, 6, 8 so hoping we can find a way to make it work.

Aquadame - My understanding is that you can arrive the day you are to check in and they will allow you full access to everything a hotel guest has access to even though room check in is not until 3pm. At least that is what I asked when I called. I even told them we were coming in on a cruise ship and they said that was fine. We will probably be heading back to the ship by 3pm anyways, so I likely won't even see the room.

Lisa - thanks for the note. So the DCL bus took you back for $4+tip/person? Through Expedia the site only allows you to book 4 to a room. There are five of us so I am hoping they will allow us the 5th when we get there as through the Atlantis site the same room can support 5. If not, I think it is $80/day for the 5th person. The kids are 4, 6, 8 so hoping we can find a way to make it work.

Yes, but technically it was a really big van. They didn't say we had to tip, but we did. I'm not sure if they were "supposed to" let us on, but we happened to mention that we were heading back to the Disney Dream and we were pointed in that direction. If the timing hadn't worked out that way, we could have caught a cab.

Do you mind if I ask how much the total cost was with taxes and other charges? It seems like there are a lot of extra costs in the Bahamas!

Just went to try to book for the same day 10/23 and the deal is not there. If anyone else sees it again, let me know.

Our cost for two rooms was I think $303.

I just checked expedia.ca and I can still see the Atlantis Beach Tower for $102/day on October 23. Maybe it is only available to Canadian customers? Not sure.

So, just to clarify, we can book an Atlantis Beach Tower room for our family of 4 for $102, get ourselves to atlantis via the water taxi, check in, and have aquaventure (lazy river, etc) and beach privileges for the day?

is that right?

So, just to clarify, we can book an Atlantis Beach Tower room for our family of 4 for $102, get ourselves to atlantis via the water taxi, check in, and have aquaventure (lazy river, etc) and beach privileges for the day?

is that right?

I was just gonna ask the same thing. Almost seems to good to be true. Right? How come others book at the Comfort Suites and not Atlantis then? I've never seen that. Also, if cruisers were allowed to do this, why would they spend $700 through the DCL for the Aqua adventure excursion?

Well, with taxes, it seems to come to $162, but that's the cost for 1 person to do the Aquaventure tour...

Expedia claims the normal rate for this room is around $600, which would make more sense.

Seems like there's free cancellation, so I might grab a room now.

So, just to clarify, we can book an Atlantis Beach Tower room for our family of 4 for $102, get ourselves to atlantis via the water taxi, check in, and have aquaventure (lazy river, etc) and beach privileges for the day? is that right?

The water taxi is one way to get there, but you can take a regular (land) taxi as well. I think the latter is quicker, unless you happen to board the water taxi just as they are about to depart.

I was just gonna ask the same thing. Almost seems to good to be true. Right? How come others book at the Comfort Suites and not Atlantis then? I've never seen that. Also, if cruisers were allowed to do this, why would they spend $700 through the DCL for the Aqua adventure excursion?

I checked rates for Atlantis both directly through their site and through Expedia before our trip in early September, and I never saw a rate that was better than what I got at the Comfort Suites. If I had, I would have booked it! A nightly rate of ~$100 does seem to good to be true. The night of 10/23 is now showing as unavailable on Expedia.

Well, with taxes, it seems to come to $162, but that's the cost for 1 person to do the Aquaventure tour...

Expedia claims the normal rate for this room is around $600, which would make more sense.

Seems like there's free cancellation, so I might grab a room now.

If you're seeing anything in the neighborhood of $100, I would jump on it!

Not sure why the price is so low. When I called Atlantis directly they priced the room at $370 or so. I confirmed with the person that I have full access to the resort all day even though check in is not until 3pm. So all I can say is that I have never done this before and will definitely report back to let people know how it is. The room through Expedia only allows for 4 people.

If anyone has ever stayed at the Beach Tower at Atlantis just for the day while in port from a cruise please let us know! Thanks!

Yes, it seems crazy cheap, especially compared to the excursion prices... I booked the deal thru expedia.ca which was the same price as Travelocity.

Please report back, our cruise is in December, and apparently I can cancel until November. :)

I've talked to colleagues who have just taken a water taxi to Atlantis then paid at the gate, so it seems like this should work as well.

We did this on our Dream cruise a couple of weeks ago. My DH was able to find a deal at Atlantis for $99/night with a two night minimum. This was still cheaper for us than an excursion through Disney. We took a taxi from the port at $4/pp. When we arrived to check in, we told the girl at the check in desk, we were not going to use the room, just wanted to check-in and check-out same day...just wanted our wristbands to access the waterpark. She thought we were crazy since we had two nights booked. The best part was, although it was 9:30am, she went ahead and gave us a room...even an upgraded one. So instead of having to use a locker, we had a room to store our few belongings and used the safe there. Grabbed a cab out front around 3:45pm...they are waiting out front. Cab driver said if we had waited much longer, we would have faced long traffic delays. Great fun!! Enjoy!!

Yes, it seems crazy cheap, especially compared to the excursion prices... I booked the deal thru expedia.ca which was the same price as Travelocity.

Please report back, our cruise is in December, and apparently I can cancel until November. :)

I've talked to colleagues who have just taken a water taxi to Atlantis then paid at the gate, so it seems like this should work as well.

Did expedia.ca charge your credit card right away? I am thinking of doing this as well

When I looked on the expedia.ca website, in the "fine print" under rules and restrictions it states

"The price shown DOES NOT include any applicable hotel service fees"
The lodging will assess these fees, charges, and surcharges upon check-out.

This would be a fantastic deal for my family of 5. Only if there are no hidden fees when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter