Booking a four top with two people

connie254

Disney fanatic
It's just myself and my son on most trips and in the past I've added two friends that are My Family and Friends list to book a four top table since they're easier to reserve. In the past, I seem to remember Disney making me add names from that list. Is there a way to not do it that way and please explain in baby steps.

If you book through MDE it doesn't require names.
Just keep clicking through. You don't have to add any names besides the lead on the reservation.
I had a weird thing happen recently where I booked a large table for myself and others who are NOT on my friends and family list. I had planned to keep the guests blank (the default blue Mickey head thing). The total number of guests happened to be equal to the number of people who ARE on my friends and family list. The system filled in my friends and family as the guests automatically even though they are not the ones dining. Some won't even be in Florida at the time.
This has nothing to do with OPs question but it surprised me and I wanted to tell someone :)

Last edited:

I had a weird thing happen recently where I booked a large table for myself and others who are NOT on my friends and family list. I had planned to keep the guests blank (the default blue Mickey head thing). The total number of guests happened to be equal to the number of people who ARE on my friends and family list. The system filled in my friends and family as the guests automatically even though they are not the ones dining. Some won't even be in Florida at the time.
This has nothing to do with OPs question but it surprised me and I wanted to tell someone :)
That does surprise me, but I’ll bet your F&F who happened to look at their MDE accounts were even more surprised to see they had an ADR! :rotfl2:

I’ll one up this one. I made a reservation and added two people, I can’t remember if I added his name or not. I think it was one where I pulled his name in. When he looked, he could see the reservation and it said something like your F&F booked a reservation which you may or may not be part of. Lol

It's just myself and my son on most trips and in the past I've added two friends that are My Family and Friends list to book a four top table since they're easier to reserve. In the past, I seem to remember Disney making me add names from that list. Is there a way to not do it that way and please explain in baby steps.

The only time you actually have to add names for all guests is CRT since it is prepaid. (Maybe fireworks dessert parties too since they’re also prepaid). For regular dining ADRs, you have to name the lead guest. All the other spots just leave “add a guest” in the other spots. If names happen to populate as happened to PP, use the drop down tab & choose add a guest. We’re usually a party of 2 & have to do the ADR for 4 at least once a trip to get an ADR or a decent time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter