Booking 2 rooms

reelmom

DIS Veteran
We are taking my Mom, niece, and nephew with us so we will need to book 2 rooms. When I go online, there is not a place to book for 2 rooms anymore. Do I need to make 2 separate reservation and link them on MDE or do I need to call? Since I already have set them up as friends/family on my account, will it be hard to make FP+ for them since they will be listed under a different reservation? Thanks. I am probably overthinking this and making it more complicated in my mind.

We had this problem once. We needed 2 room at POP for 5 adults. We called and made a request (you can only request) for them to be together. (had to make 2 seperate resis) When we arrived we got consecutive # rooms, but when we went to them they were on different sides of the building. We went back to check in and were changed to a different building with rooms next to each other. But there is no guarantee that will happen. I asked at check in one time about it and was told they can only do it if the rooms are available.
Things may have changed since then so I would call if I were you.

:cool1:

We had 5 rooms this summer - all in a row at Pop Century. Here is what we did. My father-in-law made all the reservations - but each room was under the name of the "main" person for that room. We booked about 7 months in advance and had no problems. I cant remember - but I dont think we could see our "reservation" under MDE due to my father-in-law making it. But I hope that helps a little.

When you call to make the ressies, tell them you are "traveling with" and then make the second reservation for the second room and they will give you joining rooms.

We just did this for our May trip at CSR. My DH and I have one room and our boys have one. I had to make 2 reservations, but the CM linked them and when I looked on MDE (which I had set up already), both reservations came up under my account and my boys names were on the second room. :)

I booked 6 rooms.
Each room has their own reservation number.

We were not able to book the rooms with one name.

you just link each reservation # under the MDE page. It was easy.

BUT be aware that the people can not have their own MDE page as it will play havoc when it comes time for making FPP reservations

I booked 6 rooms. Each room has their own reservation number. We were not able to book the rooms with one name. you just link each reservation # under the MDE page. It was easy. BUT be aware that the people can not have their own MDE page as it will play havoc when it comes time for making FPP reservations

So if I understand correctly, since I already have them listed as friends and family on my account, as long as I link the reservations, I can manage their FPP? I was going to book one room under my name and one under my husband's name and have him manage the ones in his room. He has yet to make an account, so I will tell him not to. Thanks for the advice.

So if I understand correctly, since I already have them listed as friends and family on my account, as long as I link the reservations, I can manage their FPP? I was going to book one room under my name and one under my husband's name and have him manage the ones in his room. He has yet to make an account, so I will tell him not to. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, that is correct. I booked 3 rooms in December and was able to manage all 3 reservations - including dining plans and FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter