• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked October 18-25 Marriott Cypress Harbour

gcarney

Mouseketeer
We've stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista 8 weeks in the past 4.5 years, so this is a big change for us. The MGV used to be top notch. Now, no daily message of specials, activities etc on the room phone, no regard for non owners, bartenders calling women (me) fat and a 3 hour check-in on a VIP stay per the VP of MVCI, we were are thru. So....here we have it. A week booked at MCH.

Let's hope it's the start of new and wonderful memories. Did I mention we stayed at the MGV for our honeymoon?

Any reviews to share?

Our favorite marriott resort is Cypress Habour. You will love it. It has a great configuration, not too big, not too small, and something to do for everyone. See if you can get the list of weekly activities so you can plan out what you want to do. 3 pools to use and being one of the older timeshares, the grounds are beautiful. A beach, fishing, mini-golf, remote control car racing track, pedal boats for the big pond. Also, check out the builds so you can determine which one you want. We like to be near the main pool so we take building 51.

Good luck. I hope you have a great experience.

Thank you thank you thank you. We always requested the main pool building at MGV so it's great to know which one to ask for

Truly nice resort. Here's the resort map.

We like being on the opposite side of the lake from the Clubhouse Pool area (there's a bridge across the lake from the Clubhouse Pool to the Island Pool). For our recent visits we've stayed in Building 65 - easy access to both main pool areas and to the activities center. We've also liked stays in Building 62 at the activities center end of the lake. I'd recommend any of those buildings that surround the lake.

The 'new' onsite Spa is pretty nice. Great staff at this resort - very attentive, very helpful and one of the best within the Marriott system in granting your location request (Sabal Palms, also in Orlando, does this, too!).

We've always had great success in getting into a building we've requested. It's worth contacting the reservations staff at Cypress Harbour to make a request a few weeks before your check-in date.

Dick Taylor

This was my fave of the 3 Marriott resorts (HL, CH, GV). I loved the central pools and I love the location of the resort. The room we stayed in had been renovated very recently and the kitchen was large. I will definitely stay there again sometime. Of the 3 resorts CH seemed all ages whereas HL was for people with younger kids and GV seemed like it was mostly retired people.

I sincerely hope you complained about that bartender! Totally inexcusable.

Truly nice resort. Here's the resort map. We like being on the opposite side of the lake from the Clubhouse Pool area (there's a bridge across the lake from the Clubhouse Pool to the Island Pool). For our recent visits we've stayed in Building 65 - easy access to both main pool areas and to the activities center. We've also liked stays in Building 62 at the activities center end of the lake. I'd recommend any of those buildings that surround the lake. The 'new' onsite Spa is pretty nice. Great staff at this resort - very attentive, very helpful and one of the best within the Marriott system in granting your location request (Sabal Palms, also in Orlando, does this, too!). We've always had great success in getting into a building we've requested. It's worth contacting the reservations staff at Cypress Harbour to make a request a few weeks before your check-in date. Dick Taylor

Do they not send an email asking details like the other MVCI resorts do?

Thank for the advice.

Do they not send an email asking details like the other MVCI resorts do?

Thank for the advice.

Honestly, I don't know. I've been proactive and have sent in a request before getting anything from the resort so I don't know if they've automatically sent me emails or if they've sent emails in response to my requests.

Dick Taylor

Honestly, I don't know. I've been proactive and have sent in a request before getting anything from the resort so I don't know if they've automatically sent me emails or if they've sent emails in response to my requests.

Dick Taylor

Thank you so much for your help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter