Booked at the Poly, but.....

Oh no! I am booked for that time as well. I have never stayed at the Poly, or the GF. We were looking for this to be a really nice resort trip for my husband and my 3 year old son. He’s very active, and we’re a very big pool family. We are going 9 days and only doing parks maybe 2-3 days.

I don’t know what to do.

Oh no! I am booked for that time as well. I have never stayed at the Poly, or the GF. We were looking for this to be a really nice resort trip for my husband and my 3 year old son. He’s very active, and we’re a very big pool family. We are going 9 days and only doing parks maybe 2-3 days.

I don’t know what to do.

I hate that this is affecting your trip too! We love the Poly and still booked there even with everything going on. Our son loved the splash pad on our last trip and had 2 days where we knew we would be spending time there. After they announced the closure, we booked at GF. We have never stayed there, but the price was the same and we will have monorail and splash pad access. We will miss the Poly, but too much would be missing to justify the cost.
What do you think your family will do? Have you checked availability at other resorts?

OK, so we have been booked in a deluxe studio at the Polynesian for the week of March 21-26. My family is me, my husband, 3 year old son, and 1 year old daughter. I just saw where the splash pad is will now be closed "through March" with no specific dates given for reopening.
We rebooked today at the Grand Floridian in an Outer Building- Lagoon View in regular guest room.
I am so confused as to what is best for us. The Polynesian is our favorite and we stay there most of the time. The studio set up at the Poly is ideal for our family, but the loss of even more amenities now makes me question staying there at that price. We have 2 days where we planned to use the splash pad area, because my son loved it last year when we were there.
The room at the Poly is ideal for our family, but the amenities are the positive side of staying at Grand Floridian. HELP!!
Should we stay at the Grand Floridian or rebook at the Polynesian?
Cut and pasted from DVC site:
How it Works
Swim, slide, splash, play and lounge—with several unique pool options to suit your style.
When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to:
  • The pool or pools at the Disney Vacation Club Resort where you are staying
  • Select pools at Disney Vacation Club Resorts
  • Select pools at Walt Disney World Resort hotels
Note: Capacity limits and blockout dates apply. To find out about pool-access availability, please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit.
You must present your MagicBand or valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card to use the other Resort hotel pools.

Cut and pasted from DVC site:
How it Works
Swim, slide, splash, play and lounge—with several unique pool options to suit your style.
When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to:
  • The pool or pools at the Disney Vacation Club Resort where you are staying
  • Select pools at Disney Vacation Club Resorts
  • Select pools at Walt Disney World Resort hotels
Note: Capacity limits and blockout dates apply. To find out about pool-access availability, please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit.
You must present your MagicBand or valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card to use the other Resort hotel pools.
We aren’t DVC members. We were staying on a cash reservation. I wonder if that’s why we wouldn’t be able to.

I mistakenly thought that DVC had reciprocity at other resorts. My apologies.
Cut and pasted from DVC site. Maybe no recoprocity becasue o
We aren’t DVC members. We were staying on a cash reservation. I wonder if that’s why we wouldn’t be able to.
Might be. I just guessed you would have the same perks. Just trying to help and not doing too well. :( Have a good trip no matter.

Also just FYI, DVC point stay pool hopping privileges do not apply to GF pools. The “Know Before You Go” section below what the PP posted has important restrictions with blackout dates, pools that aren’t applicable, etc.

(And separately, it has been reported that DVC pool hopping privileges aren’t available anywhere right now)

I don’t know what I’m going to do. The only full availabilities right now are OKW and SS.

i prob should have just gone with AKL in the first place. Ugh.

Well, my dates are 3/20-3/29, so maybe it might open while we are there? It just says Feb-March 2021.

i could also try to patch a split stay together. We do love OKW, we’ve just stayed there most of our stays, it’s my home resort. We love Olivia’s but their QS stinks. We aren’t going to have a car this trip either. Since we’ve never stayed at the Poly before and it seemed like a great time when the resort side was shut. Of course it does lead to this other construction.

:guilty:

I don’t know what I’m going to do. The only full availabilities right now are OKW and SS.

i prob should have just gone with AKL in the first place. Ugh.

Well, my dates are 3/20-3/29, so maybe it might open while we are there? It just says Feb-March 2021.

i could also try to patch a split stay together. We do love OKW, we’ve just stayed there most of our stays, it’s my home resort. We love Olivia’s but their QS stinks. We aren’t going to have a car this trip either. Since we’ve never stayed at the Poly before and it seemed like a great time when the resort side was shut. Of course it does lead to this other construction.

:guilty:
Oh no! Maybe just keep checking back around the 30 day mark for possible cancellations? I wish I had an idea of a solution for you!
I do think you guys would still enjoy the Poly, but hate you would be missing out on so many of the things people love about it. Maybe they would be done since you would be there so late in March? It’s a possibility!

That’s what we were thinking as well. But like, do not need this stress so close out lol. We’ve really had our heart set on Poly and the monorail and everything the resort offers and it’s a little disappointing

Since we have those few extra points we’ve thought about adding a few more days Checking on those days for studios and one bedrooms there is a lot more availability. I may start futzing with the whole thing now, seeing one bedrooms have a bit more availability. But staying at the Poly then switching to another resort sounds satisfying lol.

But I don’t really know which way to go on that either. I’ve not had a ton of experience staying in other places. We could stay in a 1 bedroom at the Beach Club or Boulder Creek or studio at the Riveria.

Thoughts for most fun for a toddler? What kind of activities are still available at the resorts right now? All it says on Disney sites is “limited activities available.” Looks like the movies are available. Any entertainment available at night at the Boardwalk or Disney Springs?

That’s what we were thinking as well. But like, do not need this stress so close out lol. We’ve really had our heart set on Poly and the monorail and everything the resort offers and it’s a little disappointing

Since we have those few extra points we’ve thought about adding a few more days Checking on those days for studios and one bedrooms there is a lot more availability. I may start futzing with the whole thing now, seeing one bedrooms have a bit more availability. But staying at the Poly then switching to another resort sounds satisfying lol.

But I don’t really know which way to go on that either. I’ve not had a ton of experience staying in other places. We could stay in a 1 bedroom at the Beach Club or Boulder Creek or studio at the Riveria.

Thoughts for most fun for a toddler? What kind of activities are still available at the resorts right now? All it says on Disney sites is “limited activities available.” Looks like the movies are available. Any entertainment available at night at the Boardwalk or Disney Springs?
We loved Riviera—excellent splash pad! And our little one loved riding the skyliner (even more than the monorail, and he is a monorail fanatic)

I mistakenly thought that DVC had reciprocity at other resorts. My apologies.

DVC does have reciprocity at many of the resorts. However, there are seasonal blackout dates, as well as some resorts that do not allow pool hopping at any time (i.e. Grand Floridian).
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/recreation-relaxation/pools/

Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and your overnight guests may not pool hop during the following dates:
  • December 20, 2019 through January 2, 2020
  • May 22, 2020 through May 25, 2020
  • June 28, 2020 through July 6, 2020
  • September 4, 2020 through September 7, 2020
  • November 23, 2020 through November 28, 2020
  • December 18, 2020 through January 2, 2021
As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Important Information

• Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
    • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
    • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
    • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
    • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
    • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
    • Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
    • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
    • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter