Book multiple resorts during same dates?

adelaster

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere- I tried searching.

Is it possible to book multiple room-only reservations for the same dates? (Not a split stay)

If yes, is there a con to this? As near as I can tell I should be able to cancel them without penalty as long as I do so within the cancellation guidelines.

The reasoning is indecision and final judgement based on the discounts (which may not be released until October or later) and MVMCP dates (I was told May-June release dates by Disney staff). We're hoping to stop in the week before Christmas and attend one of the MVMCP dates. The dates I can get away from work are inflexible, and I would rather have the peace of mind knowing I can cancel whatever needed and/or try to apply a discount if and eligible one is announced.

I already have a room held at POFQ, but I would like to add POR and CS.

If I can do this, is it better to do it online or over the phone? Does Disney frown on it?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

I currently have 2 rooms same date but only because my TA couldn't get the room because the site was down. I got the room later and will transfer it to her (sh'e been great about all my changes so I don't want her to lose her commission). I am having her cancel the original room asap but you can certainly book more than one. So while doable, I wouldn't say it's "OK" to hold multiple reservations indefinitely.

I currently have 2 rooms same date but only because my TA couldn't get the room because the site was down. I got the room later and will transfer it to her (sh'e been great about all my changes so I don't want her to lose her commission). I am having her cancel the original room asap but you can certainly book more than one. So while doable, I wouldn't say it's "OK" to hold multiple reservations indefinitely.

Thank you! I guess I'll wait until they announce event dates or discounts before switching? I know all room requests are just requests and not guarantees, but I don't know if it's a first-come first-served situation. I'm also concerned everything will book and I won't get options if I wait, especially since we're hoping to go right before Christmas. :/

Thank you! I guess I'll wait until they announce event dates or discounts before switching? I know all room requests are just requests and not guarantees, but I don't know if it's a first-come first-served situation. I'm also concerned everything will book and I won't get options if I wait, especially since we're hoping to go right before Christmas. :/

Requests don't matter until you are going to check in. And even then, it matters more what is available that meets your needs. But putting a request in say for a December trip in May isn't any better than putting in the request in August. What matters is the pool of rooms available the day you arrive.

I have heard stories her on the DIS where someone booked a special Anniversary Surprise for his wife by booking one night at the Grand Floridian as a surprise. They didn't move all their stuff to of Pop that night, he just had a small overnight bag with toiletries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter