• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

book FP+ and not know if park will be open?

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
my FP+ booking window opens in two days. our trip is scheduled to start on July 5th. has anyone with a late june/early july package reservation start date had any experience with booking FP+ when it is still unknown if the parks will be open? (or which parks when...however they phase the reopening.)

I booked our fastpasses last week. I know that the trip is still up in the air, but I wanted to have plans in place in case the parks are open and we decide to go. I was able to get all of the rides/experiences that I wanted, but I had to be flexible with our dates and times. Our priority is to ride the new HS rides, so I moved our 2 HS days to the end of our trip. Not ideal, but I got all of the fastpasses that I wanted. It screwed up one of my dining reservations, but I was able to snag it for the day I needed after checking a few times.

I have 16 days booked in June that I have fastpasses booked for, and 17 days booked in July and this morning I booked my fastpasses for those (arriving July 3). I'd rather act like we are going then assume we are not, then be unprepared if the parks are open!

We are arriving on July 6th. My window opens up in a couple of days. I'll be booking FP+ for our trip but I'm not planning on the parks being open. I want to be prepared - but even if they are, I'm afraid that it won't be a normal Disney experience and dropping the amount of money we are spending for even 1/2 of the normal experience isn't worth it to us. Luckily we have another month to decide and see what happens.

We are arriving on July 6th. My window opens up in a couple of days. I'll be booking FP+ for our trip but I'm not planning on the parks being open. I want to be prepared - but even if they are, I'm afraid that it won't be a normal Disney experience and dropping the amount of money we are spending for even 1/2 of the normal experience isn't worth it to us. Luckily we have another month to decide and see what happens.
Same here. We are set to check in July 6 as well, but plan on cancelling if operations are severely limited. We will be making fastpasses just in case things are looking up in the next 30 days though.

My fastpass window opens in about a week. I plan of booking fastpasses like normal, because who knows what the parks will look like in 2 months. If the parks are open, I plan on going, if they're not I'll rebook.

Booked last week for late June/early July. I didn't have much enthusiasm for it. But it's either cancel or wait and see and we opted for wait and see. Wait and see means plan as if it's happening.

We did FP for our trip 7/2-7/7 just in case but we our 90% convinced we aren’t going (either due to closure or limited offerings or just not being comfortable being around a bunch of people). I could not get any Tier 1 HS FP until the last night of our trip and couldn’t get 7D for the first two days either...

This morning we did our FP for our trip starting July 3. There was not much (if any)f availability in the first few days for the tier 1 rides at HS or FOP. We made adjustments on the fly and were able to get fast passes for SDD at 60+4, MMRR at 60+5, and FOP at 60+6. I feel as if we made these reservations in vain, because I don't foresee them being open then or if they are open I'm not certain we will be comfortable going then. I would rather have the reservations just in case they are open.

In the happy dance category up above there are threads for the month (s) you are going they are a great resource :)

I don't mind booking FP knowing it might not happen. We had FP booked for our cancelled May trip (including FOP and MMRR), even though at the time we made them in late March we were almost certain it wouldn't happen. We'll make FP for our August trip as well. We had to rebook all our ADRs too (still trying to chase down a couple last hard-to-get-ones with daily checks and reservation finders). At the end of the day we know there are no guarantees our August trip will happen, but what's the harm in planning? If we have to do it over again, we will. It would hardly be the worst thing to happen to us from Covid!!!

So, I have a FP question somewhat related to this. I have our FP booked for our trip at the end of June. However, recognizing the possibility that the parks may not be open, I booked a back-up trip for the last week of July (the last dates this year that I would be able to go). We have the 6 day military promotional tickets, which are non-refundable.

Am I correct that I cannot book FP for the July trip using the same tickets that I used to book the FP for the June trip (until after the June FP are cancelled)?

So, I have a FP question somewhat related to this. I have our FP booked for our trip at the end of June. However, recognizing the possibility that the parks may not be open, I booked a back-up trip for the last week of July (the last dates this year that I would be able to go). We have the 6 day military promotional tickets, which are non-refundable.

Am I correct that I cannot book FP for the July trip using the same tickets that I used to book the FP for the June trip (until after the June FP are cancelled)?
Correct. You can only book FP for as many days as you have ticket entitlements.

Even with date based tickets, they have a range of dates, and you can only book FP for the number of days you have tickets for. So if you had 7-day tickets that were good from the 1st through the 10th, you can still only book FP on 7 days, even though you have 10 days to choose from. Now you e got 6-day tickets expiring in December, but you still have to choose which 6 days you want to book.

Correct. You can only book FP for as many days as you have ticket entitlements.

Even with date based tickets, they have a range of dates, and you can only book FP for the number of days you have tickets for. So if you had 7-day tickets that were good from the 1st through the 10th, you can still only book FP on 7 days, even though you have 10 days to choose from. Now you e got 6-day tickets expiring in December, but you still have to choose which 6 days you want to book.

Thank you so much for your reply.
This is frustrating because we are planning on going in June, as long as our hotel is open. There may be no parks open, so we may not be able to use our tickets at that time - we will use them in July. What I don't want to do is buy another set of 6-day non-refundable tickets because it is possible the parks won't be open in June or July...then I lose double the ticket money. We also aren't able to take advantage of the CL extra FP trial program because we do not have tickets (and DSS is closed). This makes me sad, but it is what it is. We will be able to book FP for July as soon as we have more information about the June trip. So that is good?

Thank you so much for your reply.
This is frustrating because we are planning on going in June, as long as our hotel is open. There may be no parks open, so we may not be able to use our tickets at that time - we will use them in July. What I don't want to do is buy another set of 6-day non-refundable tickets because it is possible the parks won't be open in June or July...then I lose double the ticket money. We also aren't able to take advantage of the CL extra FP trial program because we do not have tickets (and DSS is closed). This makes me sad, but it is what it is. We will be able to book FP for July as soon as we have more information about the June trip. So that is good?

Book your July trip as a room and ticket package rather than room only. That way, you cancel without penalty up to 30 days before. By then, you should know if your June trip will be happening.

Our FP window opens tomorrow for July 6th. I really dont want to wake up at 5am knowing the trip probably wont happen. We also dont want to go for a "limited" experience. We want the full Disney experience and the odds of that...😔

Same here. We are set to check in July 6 as well, but plan on cancelling if operations are severely limited. We will be making fastpasses just in case things are looking up in the next 30 days though.

Our FP window opens tomorrow for July 6th. I really dont want to wake up at 5am knowing the trip probably wont happen. We also dont want to go for a "limited" experience. We want the full Disney experience and the odds of that...😔

How did you all do this morning? There was no SDD or MFSR for the entire trip that I could find. Got a FOP on our 2nd to last day at 7:15. Terrible selections this morning. Should've stayed in bed ha ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter