Boo to You! September Here We Come! First Ever Pre Trip Report!

BrittyRo

DIS Veteran
Hellllllo there. This is officially my first Pre Trip Report and I honestly have no idea what I am really doing!! So please hang in there with me!:rolleyes:
IMG_6668.jpg
(Obligatory Wishes Photo - Enjoy)

I'm just going to go with the flow and write what I think I'm supposed to include in this "report".
I suppose this should be the part where I introduce myself! I'm Brittany aka Britty or Britt
IMG_6456.jpg
(I made this one small as to not overwhelm with my face:scared:)

A little background on my life: I'm a RN that lives in Manhattan (Shout out to all my NYC'ers). I've been going to WDW since I was a baby. My parents used to take me and my brother there 2 times a year when I was little. I honestly don't remember much from the trips, except for a very vivid memory of a Barbie stage show at Epcot. Eventually we stopped going to Disney (I'm not sure at what age; but maybe my parents thought we were getting "too old" for it). The latest trip I remember was when we went back in 2006 when I was 16. After that trip Walt Disney World kinda of drifted from my mind (I was wrapped up in HS and became very into Broadway).
That is until 2013. I was recently graduated from College and recently employed full time as a RN. I was talking to my Mom and somehow WDW came up (I was stating I haven't been in a while and I really wanted to go). We decided that since I had a short break from work, we should take a last minute trip down to Florida for a visit. That's when my WDW obsession kicked back in.
I had an amazing time and was looking forward to when I could go again! I went the following year March 2014 and then brought my boyfriend (now Fiance) in September 2014. He immediately fell in love with it and we went back in March 2015 with some friends, then to DisneyLand in June 2015 (Both of our first visits!) and are heading back to the World in September 2015 for our third Disney related trip of the year!
I am really into Broadway/Musical Theatre, play on a Darts team and am completely obsessed with all things Disney (Just started Pin trading in September and LOVE it)!

Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana
Favorite Movie: Tangled? (too hard to answer)

Here is the Disney Fiancé! His name is Hector.
IMG_6490.jpg
September 2014 was his first every trip to DisneyWorld! He had minimal exposure to Disney or Disney things as a child (just a couple of movies) so he was a little apprehensive about the trip. He loved it! After some strong encouragement to go on the "thrill" rides, he absolutely loved most of them (Test Track is his favorite ride! Followed by BTMRR) (Though he refuses to go back on Space Mountain & Splash Mountain [I'm out to change that]. Refuses to try Expedition Everest, RnR and TOT [though so do I:scared:]) and looks forward to our trips almost as much as me:love2:. He works at a Broadway Theatre and at CVS Pharmacy and his favorite hobby is playing on our Darts Team (he's the best player).

Favorite Ride: Test Track
Favorite Park: Epcot (during Food and Wine) or Magic Kingdom
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana
Favorite Movie: Beauty and the Beast

Last but certainly not least this is Wally
IMG_0177.jpg
Our adorable two year old Pug (who we've had since he was 8 weeks old!)
He stays with my parents out on Long Island when we are visiting the Mouse, so he gets a nice little vacation while we are on vacation:dog2:

We are 54 Days Out!
Stayed Tuned for Our Plans!

Last edited:
Hi there! Ex NYer here. I moved to PA years ago from SINY. Wally, is absolutely adorable! :D

Looking forward to reading about your trip.

Great start to your PTR! I'm planning a trip in Sept 2016 and am interested to hear how your trip goes in 2015.

Welcome back! So now that I've introduced the myself I can get down to all the awesome details of our upcoming trip!!

Picking the Resort!
This is one of the most important decisions (in my opinion) because if you pick a place you hate you are stuck with it your whole trip! No pressure huh?
:p
So for a little more background story: Anyone that knows me well understands that I am TERRIBLE at making decisions. I change my mind a
million times before I finally settle on a choice. I'll order an item at a restaurant and the second the waiter leaves I second guess my decision. I will keep second guessing my choice until the waiter physically brings us the food! It drives the Fiancé crazy.
So it is obvious that with any "big" decisions I have to make, I second guess and change my mind even more. I search online and do tons of research and suddenly I'm second guessing myself for the billionth time.
Luckily when it comes to Disney Resorts for the most part I don't have this problem (except for our upcoming December trip :sad2:). It is an easy choice. Which is great because the Fiancé usually says something along the lines of "I like them all. We've talked about this a million times. Whatever you think... Except Pop. I'm never staying there again":scared1:
Though I have to agree. Pop was miserable experience for his first trip in September of 2014 (That is a story for another time:rolleyes:). Bottom line: We will NEVER stay there again.

Our Resort of choice is...

All-Star Movies!
IMG_7502.jpg

(Disney Fiance first look at Toy Story Area at All-Star Movies. Instant Love.)

WHY? Many people consider the value resorts "motel" quality. They say when you are on vacation you should stay in a gorgeous resort with a million amenities and a gorgeous pool and the All-Star/Pop resorts don't provide that experience. Some people say the theming is too "in your face" and "childish".
I understand that everyone has different opinions about how they want to spend their vacations and I respect everyone's opinion.
:wave2:

BECAUSE! We spend the majority of our times at WDW at a park or at another resort eating. We are out RD to park close (basically every day). We don't take "afternoon breaks". If we aren't at a park, exploring or out eating we are sleeping.:laughing: We don't go to the pool to "relax". We don't stay in the room to veg out. If we want a relaxing day we go to Magic Kingdom or Epcot stroll around and snack, or we visit one of the Deluxe Resorts (back when we didn't have AP and needed to fill in extra days) and see the sights.
::yes::

WHAT? The Atmosphere: Whenever we stay at the hotel it seems very quiet and relaxed. The food court never seems especially packed with people. The CM are always amazingly kind and welcoming. We really enjoy the spirit of the resort.
The Theming: One of the main reasons we love All-Star Movies. We feel it is the only resort with complete Disney theming. All the other value resorts (All-Star Music/Sports & Pop) have a theme with Disney characters incorporated in. The theme of All-Star Movies is Disney movies! When we are there we really feel like we are home. We are at DisneyWorld.
:woohoo:

HOW? We booked this trip as a bounce back during our trip in September 2014 (Almost a year out. Which is the longest we've ever waited for a Disney vacation). It was a free dining offer and we immediately jumped on it because FD is never offered at All-Star Movies.
:worship:

WHEN? September 22 - October 6th. 15 days and 14 nights at the happiest place on Earth
:love:

We are almost there!
51 Days to Go!
Stay Tuned for our ADR/Wishes/FP+

Enjoy your trip! We will be there mid September as well!
Which restaurants did you book besides Ohana? That's our fav also, especially the bread pudding!

Well, gee, sorry you guys had a horrible experience at Pop, that really stinks. I do agree with you, we are the same way, we don't take breaks in the afternoon at the resort, or spend time at the pools, or hang out at the resort for any rest days, so for us, a value is fine. Plus, I had a lower budget I wanted to stay under for this year's trip. I doubt I will ever be able to stay at a deluxe again. I won't rule a moderate out if I got a great deal.

Wow, a two week trip! How awesome. Plenty of time to relax and have a great time in the parks.

I'm Back! Sorry it's been a while; Life and Work have been very hectic!:laundy::surfweb::crowded::eek::faint:

PICKING THE DATE!?
So as I stated earlier our dates are going to be September 22 to October 6. Fifteen glorious days and fourteen amazing nights! How did we stumble upon these such dates? Back in 2014 we decided to take a trip down to Disney in September and due to a work schedule conflict instead of going in early September as we had originally planned, we had to push the date to late September into early October. When we were there Hector fell in love with Disney and we fell in LOVE with Food and Wine. We knew we needed to come back for the Festival again, so we booked our Free Dining Bounceback for the same dates next year and the rest is history!

The Plans!!!
One of the best parts about a Disney World Trip is PLANNING! I love making itineraries and picking FP+ and making ADR's! All my Park days are decided based upon EasyWDW Crowd Calendars and EMH. I avoid all AM EMH and always go to Magic Kingdom PM EMH (They are my favorite). There is nothing more magical to me than Magic Kingdom late at night. My plans tend to work well and we are usually able to make it on all the rides every day. So I tend to stick with a similar touring plan each trip.
My Touring Plan tends to be more specific at the beginning of the trip and then becomes very basic by the end because we tend to just go with the flow by the end. We also LOVE Seven Dwarf Mine and go on it every time we step foot in MK!

We have Free Dining which includes 2 Quick Service Meals and 1 Snack Credit a Day plus 1 Refillable Mug.
So without much further ado here is my Vacation Itinerary!
  • DAY 1: (Magic Kingdom 9:00am-7:00pm) [Most Recommended]
    • Flight from LGA (Departs 6:00am)
    • Arrive at MCO 8:40am
    • Magical Express to All Star Movies (Est. Arrival 10am)
    • FP 11:00am-12:00pm Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre (Meeting Mickey is always the first thing we do!):hyper:
    • FP 12:15pm-1:15pm Peter Pan
    • Be Our Guest Lunch 1:50pm (Quick Service Credit)
    • FP 3:05pm-4:05pm Big Thunder Mountain
    • Haunted Mansion and then Rides, Rides, Rides!
    • ‘Ohana Dinner 8:10pm (Try to switch to 7:00-7:30pm) (OOP)
    • Hallowishes from Polynesian Beach 10:00pm
  • Day 2: (Hollywood Studios 9:00am-7:30pm) [Most Recommended]
    • FP 9:10am-10:10am Muppets (Throw Away/Sleep in)
    • FP 10:15am-11:15am Toy Story Midway Mania
    • Indiana Jones 11:15am (Ends 11:45am)
    • FP 11:45am-12:45pm Star Tours
    • Muppet Vision 3D
    • 50’s Prime Time Lunch 1:30pm (OOP)
    • Beauty and the Beast 3:00pm (Over 3:25pm)
    • Lights, Motor Action 4:30pm (Ends 5:10pm) [Maybe]
    • Great Movie Ride
    • Fantasmic! 8:00pm
  • Day 3: (Animal Kingdom 9:00am-5:00pm) [Most Recommended]
    • Rope Drop Kilimanjaro Safari, Animal Trail by KJS
    • FP 10:30am-11:30am Dinosaur
    • Finding Nemo 12:00pm (Ends at 12:40pm)
    • FP 12:40pm-1:40pm Expedition Everest
    • Yak and Yeti Lunch 1:30pm (OOP)
    • Flights of Wonder 2:45pm (3:45 if missed)
    • FP 2:50pm-3:50pm Kali River Rapids
    • Festival of the Lion King 4:00pm (5:00pm if missed)
    • Hop to Epcot for Food and Wine Soft Opening!!
  • Day 4: (Epcot 9:00am-10:00pm) [Not Recommended]
    • Rope Drop Test Track
    • Sum of All Thrills
    • FP 9:45am-10:45am Mission Space
    • FP 10:55am-11:55am Spaceship Earth
    • Living With the Land
    • FP 11:55am-12:55pm Soarin’
    • The Seas with Nemo
    • Figment
    • World Showcase for Food and Wine
    • Flying Fish Café Dinner 7:25pm (If WS is too busy) (OOP)
    • Illuminations 10:00pm (if we survive Opening Day of F&W)
  • Day 5: (Magic Kingdom 9:00am-10:00pm PM EMH) [Not Recommended]
    • Be Our Guest Breakfast 8:10am (QS)
    • Seven Dwarf Mine Train
    • Peter Pan
    • Tomorrowland (Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, etc)
    • FP 10:05am-11:05am Seven Dwarf Mine Train
    • It’s a Small World/Fantasyland
    • FP 11:05am-12:05pm Big Thunder Mountain
    • FP 12:05pm-1:05pm Splash Mountain
    • Festival of Fantasy 3:00pm
    • Pirates of the Caribbean and Rides, Rides, Rides!
    • Wishes 9:00pm
    • Main Street Electrical Parade 10:00pm
  • Day 6: (Magic Kingdom 9:00am-7:00pm) [Most Recommended]
    • Sleep in and hang out at the Resort
    • Pool & Relax
    • Head to Wilderness Lodge Beach/Nature Trail/Bikes
    • Boat to Magic Kingdom
    • FP 3:10pm-4:10pm Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel
    • FP 4:10pm-5:10pm Pirates of the Caribbean
    • FP 5:25pm-6:25pm Seven Dwarf Mine Train
    • Narcoosee’s Dinner 7:50pm (9:30 Hallowishes) (OOP)
    • Splitsville (Open until 1am)
  • Day 7: (Epcot 9:00am-9:00pm) [Most Recommended]
    • Single Rider TT
    • FP 11:25am-12:25pm Soarin
    • FP 12:25pm-1:25pm Spaceship Earth
    • FP 1:25pm-2:25pm Figment
    • Eat and Drink Around the World
    • Jellyrolls
  • Day 8: (Magic Kingdom 9:00am-9:00pm) [Most Recommended]
    • FP 10:40am-11:40am Space Mountain
    • FP 11:40am-12:40pm Seven Dwarf Mine Train
    • FP 12:40pm-1:40pm Peter Pan
    • Kona Café 2:30pm (OOP)
    • Wishes 9:00pm
  • Day 9: The Dark Side: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
  • Day 10: (Animal Kingdom 9:00am-5:00pm) [Not Recommended]
    • FP 10:00am-11:00am Kilimanjaro Safari
    • FP 11:10am-12:10am Expedition Everest
    • FP 12:15pm-1:15pm Kali River Rapids
    • Relax at Resort (Maybe explore Animal Kingdom Lodge)
    • Disney Quest (Either Today or Tomorrow)
  • Day 11: (Hollywood Studios 9:00am-7:30pm) [Recommended]
    • FP 10:00am-11:00am Muppets (Throw Away?)
    • FP 11:05am-12:05pm Toy Story Midway Mania
    • FP 12:05pm-1:05pm Star Tours
    • Citricos 8:00pm (OOP)
    • Disney Quest (If we didn't go yesterday)
  • Day 12: (Magic Kingdom 9:00am-10:00pm PM EMH) [Not Recommended]
    • Be Our Guest Lunch 10:45pm (QS)
    • FP 11:50am-12:50pm Meet Anna and Elsa
    • FP 12:55pm-1:55pm Seven Dwarf Mine Train
    • FP 2:00pm-3:00pm Big Thunder Mountain
  • Day 13: (Epcot 9:00am-9:00pm) [Not Recommended]
    • FP 10:00am-11:00am Character Spot
    • FP 11:00am-12:00pm Soaring
    • FP 12:00pm-1:00pm Spaceship Earth
    • Eat Lunch Around the World
    • Head to Magic Kingdom
    • Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (7:00pm-12:00am)
  • Day 14: (Magic Kingdom 9:00am-10:00pm) [Not Recommended]
    • FP 11:00am-12:00pm Seven Dwarf
    • FP 12:00pm-1:00pm Big Thunder
    • FP 2:45pm-3:45pm Festival of Fantasy Parade
    • Whichever Park We feel like
  • Day 15:
    • Be Our Guest Breakfast 8:20am (QS)
    • FP 10:00am-11:00am Space Mountain
    • FP 11:00am-12:00pm Seven Dwarf Mine Train
    • FP 12:05pm-1:05pm Peter Pan
    • Catch Magical Express back to the Airport (4:25pm)
    • Depart MCO 7:25pm
So there we go! These are my plans for our wonderful trip!! Look forward to your feedback!
:jumping1:

We are almost there!
33 Days to Go!
Stay Tuned for More!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter