Boo to the Halloween on the Highs Seas Crew

What is startling is how much Clair has grown over the years as we have watched her go from little girl to lovely young lady....time flies for sure

I know, she has been growing like a weed. She is almost as tall as me now.

Hi Jen....I am here to follow along...I always enjoy reading your trip reports, but I don't think I have really posted in them. Well, maybe your trip to Williamsburg/Busch Gardens since I live near there, but that is about it. Can't wait to read more about this trip!

Thanks and glad you made it!

Thanks. My perks will be of a different kind as I will just sell cruises and products associated with them. I am looking forward to being a travel agent though. I have always been a planner and being able to make sure that people will have magical trips rather than just selling them flights was a big pull.

Well it's not the kind you are but the industry card you hold. I am not sure if you have the same as us, but we have to earn them and it can take a while for some.

That was a real bargain.

I was happy about it!

Even without the mugs, this was a pretty good deal.

It was really. We couldn't do a sit down meal for 1 at that price.

I was glad that they had some with handles when I got mine in November.

I hear they keep going back and forth and different at each resort at times too. Some have speculated they got the no handle ones in error so are trying to get rid of them.

Back at the room, the luggage still had not arrived and mom was getting antsy about that. She wanted to take a bath and just chill out for the night but her things were in her checked luggage.

Claire and I decided we wanted to explore the resort and headed out.

csr14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We found one of the quiet pools.

csr45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we circled around to the dig, which is the main pool area.

depart2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I asked her if she wanted to swim as I had a suit in our carryon and she asked if I was going to as well, and I told her no. She said no, she would wait till tomorrow.

csr16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I knew most of the resorts were now building fences around the pools and I saw this construction so I figured they had started to build one here now too.

csr51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We walked all around the pool snapping pictures.

csr54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I couldn’t capture it with pictures, but looking across the lake at everything lit up was beautiful.

csr48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Another extended golf cart went by and offered us a ride and we declined again. I think I may have called Skip while we walked as well to tell him goodnight.

We found the other quiet pool.

csr61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we headed over by the bridge as I wanted to try and get a shot of how pretty it looked lit up.

csr17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I also thought this building looked so pretty at night with the lights and reflections but I could never capture it just right.

csr18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took dozens of pictures and none came out right.

csr20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire and I decided we wanted to head over to Disney Springs for a little bit to end the night so we headed back to our room to let Mom know and check to see if the luggage had arrived.

Following along :wave2: and really enjoying what I'm seeing so far!!! I love all of your pictures! We were at Disney around the same time as you guys (our fav time of year to go). We are trying to stay at each resort at least once as well, Coronado looks beautiful - and I know my DS11 would love the pools!

Love the pictures! The resort is so pretty! One day I will stay on Disney property for more than one night!! It's actually one of the reasons why I am considering signing up with an agency as a part time Disney travel agent. I'm just unsure if I want to pay the $50/month to the agency to be a part of it!

Love the pictures! The resort is so pretty! One day I will stay on Disney property for more than one night!! It's actually one of the reasons why I am considering signing up with an agency as a part time Disney travel agent. I'm just unsure if I want to pay the $50/month to the agency to be a part of it!

Just an FYI. NEVER pay an agency to work for them, especially one that makes you pay a monthly fee. There are plenty out there that cost nothing. And working doesn't give onsite perks. You have to earn an industry card for those...and the perks are very limited.

Well it's not the kind you are but the industry card you hold. I am not sure if you have the same as us, but we have to earn them and it can take a while for some.

I have to get my head round all of this very soon. I am still working my notice in my old job and will start my new adventure in 3.5 weeks. I know that the agency I will work for is a CLIA member. I may have to pick your brain once I get started.

I don't mind that at all.

I hear they keep going back and forth and different at each resort at times too.

I think I was lucky that I got to buy mine at Vero Beach as we were doing a split stay.

I asked her if she wanted to swim as I had a suit in our carryon and she asked if I was going to as well, and I told her no. She said no, she would wait till tomorrow.

I was momentarily concerned for Claire's wellbeing. I cannot believe that she passed up the chance to swim. However, heading to Disney Springs sounds like a suitable alternative.

Corinna

I love your pictures of CSR!
We've stayed there twice and as lovely as the grounds and pool areas are there, we probably won't stay again for a variety of reasons.
But your pictures are totally making me say, awww! So prettty! I know what you mean by the night pictures~ the way you see the beauty is never quite captured by the camera!

Coronado Springs looks really nice in all your pictures! I would also like to stay at every disney resort but wasn't sure about Coronado. Would
you say it is as spread out more than Caribbean Beach?

Following along :wave2: and really enjoying what I'm seeing so far!!! I love all of your pictures! We were at Disney around the same time as you guys (our fav time of year to go). We are trying to stay at each resort at least once as well, Coronado looks beautiful - and I know my DS11 would love the pools!

Where did you guys stay?
The pool is nice, but the place is just so darn big that I don't think we'll make it a priority to go back there.

Joining in, I really enjoy reading your reviews!

Thanks!!

I have to get my head round all of this very soon. I am still working my notice in my old job and will start my new adventure in 3.5 weeks. I know that the agency I will work for is a CLIA member. I may have to pick your brain once I get started.

CLIA is good!!!

I don't mind that at all.

Some just want any perks that can be gotten, but you feel so much better when you work hard to earn them.

I think I was lucky that I got to buy mine at Vero Beach as we were doing a split stay.

That's a place I would love to stay in the future too.

was momentarily concerned for Claire's wellbeing. I cannot believe that she passed up the chance to swim. However, heading to Disney Springs sounds like a suitable alternative.

hahaha. I was kind of surprised she didn't want to swim but it was late already and I don't think she wanted to go in alone.

I love your pictures of CSR!
We've stayed there twice and as lovely as the grounds and pool areas are there, we probably won't stay again for a variety of reasons.
But your pictures are totally making me say, awww! So prettty! I know what you mean by the night pictures~ the way you see the beauty is never quite captured by the camera!

I really had no issues there that would make me not want to stay there again but I just didn't fall in love with it so I don't have any plans to go back.

Coronado Springs looks really nice in all your pictures! I would also like to stay at every disney resort but wasn't sure about Coronado. Would
you say it is as spread out more than Caribbean Beach?

It's hard to compare. I think it is more spread out but I never walked all the way around Caribbean. The bridge at CBR though worked better for me than the one at CSR. My room was about midway between walking to the pool or walking to the bridge to the pool. I guess I like when the main pool is close to the main buildings and food court.

We got back to the room and still no luggage. Mom was not happy about that, so I called to check. It was now just over 3 hours, so technically we were fine but since it was getting late, I thought I better before it got too late and had to go without tonight. They said they would check on it and kind of acted like it should already have been to our room. They said they would call our room once it was located.

Claire and I gathered what we needed and told Mom to call us as soon as she heard anything so that we would know and then headed off towards the main bus stop.

I stopped and took a few pictures of the water fountain and other lobby photos.

csr64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I thought this hallway looked pretty lit up too.

csr66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed out to the bus stop and it took quite some time for the bus to arrive. A couple was sitting out there and said they had been waiting almost 30 minutes by the time we arrived and we still waited a good 10 -15 minutes more before the bus finally arrived.

We loaded up and soon we were being dropped off at the new bus stop. Wow is it ever different. I took pictures of it later in the day time, but I am not so much a fan of it. We walked through the new areas and again, it was strange and it just didn’t seem to fit the Disney feel of the older areas. It was like a fancy outside shopping mall. It felt so strange to me and Claire wasn’t a fan either.

We made our way towards the Marketplace, which has some change as you enter it, but still mainly has the same feel and look.

We spotted these living statues, which I thought was really cool.

springs3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

springs4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then suggested to Claire that we get a snack at Ghirardelli. We have never had anything from here nor have we ever even been inside. Claire said she wasn’t super hungry and I said that was fine because we would share.

We got in line and looked over the menu. I swore I had seen in the past they had something with peanut butter and chocolate, which is my favorite combination, but I could not find anything on the menu that even remotely resembled that combo.

We decided to try the salted caramel sundae.

springs7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Just like Beaches and Creams, this place is very pricey.

We made our order and were given a number and we went to find a seat outside.

In only a few minutes our sundae arrived.

springs14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire was forbidden to touch it till I got a few pictures.

springs5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

springs6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was fabulous and I am so glad we shared it. We could barely finish it as it was. It was a nice treat and I am glad we made the stop.

Another check off my bucket list of trying things I haven’t done before.

We then went off and just did some exploring.

springs8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was spotted and we walked over to take a look. Also the stairs next to it led to a parking garage. That is all new to me as well.

springs9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was closed but I peeked in the windows.

springs10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

springs11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We kept walking around and I made Claire stop and get pictures. She wasn’t so happy with me about this.

depart3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ds1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

depart4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

depart5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we walked along Claire started complaining about why we weren’t going to the parks. I told her this was a cruise trip and these extra early days were just bonuses and I just couldn’t afford to do it all. She was upset because no one asked her what she wanted to do and she would rather go to the parks than cruise. Wow…I had no clue. I thought she was excited to be cruising with her cousins and family.

I am going to chalk some of this complaining up to preteen hormones as she has been becoming more and more moody lately. And of course anything I do is dumb or so not cool.

We walked on, taking in the new and old sites.

ds2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ds3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ds4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And still no call from Mom about the luggage. Wow, this is really late. I even started posting on facebook about how it had not arrived yet.

This bridge was so pretty and my picture came out so bad.

ds5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ds6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ds7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ds8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We decided it was time to head back to CSR but we kind of got lost and couldn’t find our way back to the bus stop for a while.

ds9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We did see the balloon up though and that was a pretty sight.

ds10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

springs12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

springs13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Finally after some backtracking we found the way to the bus, only to figure out if we had just went a little further than we were before we would have been right at the stop and closer to where we needed to go. The way it is set up is that you have to walk all the way to one end to get to each of the rows for the different resorts. My legs were already screaming….yeah, I am really out of shape. We got on the bus once it arrived and headed back to CSR.

When we arrived we headed back to the room and Claire led the way. We got back much faster but I didn’t really follow how she did it.

As we stepped in our room I saw our all of our luggage there. Hmmm….Mom never called and told me. She had been sleeping but woke up when we walked in and I asked if the luggage had just gotten there. Nope they came right after we left. Ugh, Why didn’t you call…..Oh I forgot. LOL!

So all this time I was kind of annoyed that our luggage hadn’t arrived and it had been there the whole time! I was even discussing it with some people on the bus too. Mom said that the luggage actually had been sitting to be delivered for a long time but no one did and the guy who brought it was some sort of supervisor or something and wasn’t sure why it had been left sitting there. He apologized Mom said….I think we should have gotten free fastpasses or something. Hahaha.

Oh well, we have our stuff and honestly, most everything I needed was in my carryon anyways.

We got ready for bed and Claire and I lay down and holy cow!!! I about slid out of the bed. It had a MAJOR slant to it and my side of the mattress was literally broken. I scooted to the middle a bit more and held on for dear life. As the night went on there were several times where I rolled and hit that slanted/broken area and caught myself before tumbling to the floor. Yeah, that is not going to work for 2 more nights. I will need to get that taken care of in the morning.

I am out of town for the weekend so I might not get a chance to post till Sunday or Monday again.

Where did you guys stay?
The pool is nice, but the place is just so darn big that I don't think we'll make it a priority to go back there.

That kinda reminds me of Caribbean Beach Resort - just really spread out and huge!

This time we stayed at the villas at Grand Floridian before going on a quick Disney cruise (3 night).

I saw you mentioned about the peanut butter at Ghiradhellis? I believe they went peanut free a year ago or so (I know, because I looooved the peanut butter sundae there)!

And I had to lol about the moody preteen comment - we had a couple with us, lol!

A couple was sitting out there and said they had been waiting almost 30 minutes by the time we arrived and we still waited a good 10 -15 minutes more before the bus finally arrived.

That does not sound good. I will never understand why the Disney Springs buses are such a mess wherever you stay.

We walked through the new areas and again, it was strange and it just didn’t seem to fit the Disney feel of the older areas. It was like a fancy outside shopping mall. It felt so strange to me and Claire wasn’t a fan either.

I actually really liked it, but Graham did not. I thought they did a fabulous job with this, but I agree about the overall feel.

I swore I had seen in the past they had something with peanut butter and chocolate, which is my favorite combination, but I could not find anything on the menu that even remotely resembled that combo.

There definitely used to be as I have had this before.

As we stepped in our room I saw our all of our luggage there.

I am glad that the luggage arrived.

I about slid out of the bed. It had a MAJOR slant to it and my side of the mattress was literally broken.

That is not good at all. I hope that you managed to sort out this issue.

Corinna

Just an FYI. NEVER pay an agency to work for them, especially one that makes you pay a monthly fee. There are plenty out there that cost nothing. And working doesn't give onsite perks. You have to earn an industry card for those...and the perks are very limited.

Thanks for that info! It definitely made me decide to not sign the agreement. I was really skeptical on the part where I had to pay them and what you said made me realize I should trust my instincts! They were going on and on about all the perks of what you could get with your Disney vacations, and they did say you could get a CLIA card working for them.

I can't believe I won't be seeing you next month, it makes me wanna :sad::sad::sad:

I probably could have swung it, barely but I was really hoping to do something for my birthday in March with Rob. Not sure if that is going to pan out either :scared: Dammit, why haven't I won the lotto yet?? :rolleyes1

Sorry about your bags! That's one of the many reasons I always take my bags with me from the airport, even when I do DME!

Nice deal on the mugs :teeth: pixiedust:

We stayed a whole week at Coronado in 2013 and I loved it. We stayed closer to The Dig and had a car but I don't think I would have it enjoyed it if we had to rely on buses :headache:

I have to laugh at Claire's faces in some of the pics, I get the same face from Kira sometimes :lmao:

I'm looking forward to seeing DS when it is all done! I haven't seen the newer part where Dluxe burger is, need another trip soon :rolleyes:

Eeek! Your bed! I remember you telling me about it when it happened, that's horrible :worried:

I saw you mentioned about the peanut butter at Ghiradhellis? I believe they went peanut free a year ago or so (I know, because I looooved the peanut butter sundae there)!

Well that's a total bummer. I understand, but I want my peanut butter!!!!

That does not sound good. I will never understand why the Disney Springs buses are such a mess wherever you stay.

They really are. They are always the slowest and I don't get why.

I actually really liked it, but Graham did not. I thought they did a fabulous job with this, but I agree about the overall feel.

It is pretty but it just doesn't feel Disney to me. Fine for someplace else, I just don't want it there.

There definitely used to be as I have had this before.

I guess they went peanut free. Total bummer!

I am glad that the luggage arrived.

Me too. I was getting a little antsy about it when it was so late and my mom hadn't called.

That is not good at all. I hope that you managed to sort out this issue.

I did! They handled it very well.

Thanks for that info! It definitely made me decide to not sign the agreement. I was really skeptical on the part where I had to pay them and what you said made me realize I should trust my instincts! They were going on and on about all the perks of what you could get with your Disney vacations, and they did say you could get a CLIA card working for them.

I have a feeling I might know who you are talking about and you are better to look further to someplace else.

I can't believe I won't be seeing you next month, it makes me wanna :sad::sad::sad:

Yes, I am so mad at you for not coming!!!! LOL!!! But really, I wish you could come. You are my bit of sanity on these trips. I might have to post lots of pictures with #missyouCass!

I probably could have swung it, barely but I was really hoping to do something for my birthday in March with Rob. Not sure if that is going to pan out either :scared: Dammit, why haven't I won the lotto yet?? :rolleyes1

Ugh!!! I wish both would pan out. I haven't won that lottery yet either.

Sorry about your bags! That's one of the many reasons I always take my bags with me from the airport, even when I do DME!

I just prefer to handle my bags as little as possible....you know because I overpack and bring so many.

Nice deal on the mugs :teeth: pixiedust:

It was a steal! hahahaha

We stayed a whole week at Coronado in 2013 and I loved it. We stayed closer to The Dig and had a car but I don't think I would have it enjoyed it if we had to rely on buses :headache:

It is probably my least favorite mod so far. Nothing really wrong with it at all. Just the theming wasn't for me.
I have to laugh at Claire's faces in some of the pics, I get the same face from Kira sometimes :lmao:

I keep telling her she needs to smile nicely. This weekend I tried to get her to pose sort of so she didn't look like a bump on a log and she resisted.

I'm looking forward to seeing DS when it is all done! I haven't seen the newer part where Dluxe burger is, need another trip soon :rolleyes:

I don't know where Deluxe burger is? I bet I would like that place. I think I remember Katie posting pictures of it once.

Eeek! Your bed! I remember you telling me about it when it happened, that's horrible :worried:

That bed really sucked. I usually have good luck with Disney beds, but that was the worst one by far.

Oct. 20, 2016, Thursday Day 2

I was up early just like I normally am on vacation. I literally rolled out of the bed and decided right then and there I was heading to the desk to see about changing rooms as there was no way I could sleep 2 more nights on this mattress.

I got dressed and headed that way.

Once there I was helped right away and explained the issue and the CM asked if I wanted to change rooms or just have the mattress replaced. Well I didn’t know that was going to be an option. I told her if they could that would probably work best so we didn’t have to lug our stuff to another room.

After that I headed out to take some pictures.

This café has small things for take-out and is open earlier and later than the food court area.

csr93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I was starving and so tempted to get a yummy chocolate muffin, but we had talked about all going together for breakfast last night, so I decided to wait for the other 2 to rise and shine.

csr95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As you can see they have a lot of basic choices so you won’t starve to death if you need something early or late. You can also refill your mug here.

csr104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then walked over and took a peek in Rix Lounge.

csr114 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I loved all the different funky seating areas.

csr111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr113 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The Convention Center is down that way and I never did walk over there and check it out. From where I am standing, Rix is on the left and the Pepper Market is on the right.

csr115 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then headed outside to watch the day come alive. I have always seen gorgeous pictures of this resort and the reflection on the lake so I went and tried for some shots of my own.

csr146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr116 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr117 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I typically bring my Canon DSLR with me on my trips and take a ton of pictures. I did bring it this trip, but the summer of 2015 I bought an Olympus Tough point and shoot camera. I had seen some nice pictures taken with it and I wanted something a bit easier to carry around and durable and waterproof as well. It surely doesn’t take as nice of pictures as my DSLR, but it really does a pretty decent job, especially in daylight. My shoulders are really bad and I have had issues with them and my neck for 20+ years so carrying the big camera is taking its toll on me these days. I ended up taking the majority of the pictures from this trip with my point and shoot and my phone. Only a few times did I purposely carry the big guy around and I was aching soon after. As much as I love what it can do, I think in the future I am going to be leaning towards just taking the Olympus Tough. Especially to destinations I have been to already.

This morning’s pictures were a mixture of the phone and the Olympus.

I decided to do some facebook live broadcasting and I walked around the resort and recorded it all live as I went. I did find out that certain areas have much better wifi reception than others. In some spots it was almost non-existent, which is a pain when they base so much of everything Disney offers online now.

As I was filming, I did walk over by the dig and the guys were working and I confirmed that it was a wall/fence being built around the pool. The guy said I was the first person to guess what it actually was and he made some joke about what the last guy thought it was and I didn’t understand what he said so I just laughed and pretended like I did. LOL.

It was time to head back to the room then and wake up Claire as I knew she wouldn’t be up unless we woke her. She is a night owl and loves to sleep in.

csr118 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I realized there was a faster way back to the room….straight through here.

csr119 by Jenseib, on Flickr

csr120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had been turning out a different way and taking a long way along the buildings before. Our room was straight to the middle and then a left turn and the walk came right up to our door.

csr121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went in and got Claire moving so she could shower and get ready to start the day.

Once there I was helped right away and explained the issue and the CM asked if I wanted to change rooms or just have the mattress replaced.

How nice that they were able to give you different options.

I enjoyed your photos from around the resort.

We had been turning out a different way and taking a long way along the buildings before. Our room was straight to the middle and then a left turn and the walk came right up to our door.

I am glad that you found a quicker way back to the room.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter